Sign in to follow this  
Strat-Pack Rick

Line or No Line Putting

63 posts / 9017 viewsLast Reply

I've been toying with the line lately and I am blatantly more successful without it. Something about trusting the line rather than my feel makes me uneasy over the ball.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

"The following media includes potentially sensitive content."

Lol WTF???

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't know. It doesn't.

Maybe because it contains the word "whitest"? I really can't figure it out...

On 11/14/2016 at 1:43 PM, Strat-Pack Rick said:

I checked for a thread on this, promise.  Ive always put a line on the ball when i mark them for I.D. The line helps when i practice to see a wobble from my stroke. I thought the line would help on the course with lining up putts but i have recently quit using it and im putting way better. The line just causes me trouble when playing but i still practice with it. Just curious about who uses a line and who doesnt. Maybe im just not using the line correctly or its more trouble than its worth.

I myself do not use a line. I have learned also that the putterhead whether being pointed straight, left, or right of the hole does not mean that is where the ball is going to go. I pay more attention to the way my feet set up towards the line I want to hit the ball on. Once I get settled onto that line I dont waste much time hitting the putt. To me a line on the ball seems to just complicate the putt. It seems like most pros use a line, but again most of us are not pros...

lol. everything is sensitive these days.

I put a line on the ball because it makes it easier to identify in the woods. "Yeah, that one's mine."

I don't use it on the green because i can't line up the line very well. We all have our little methods of lining up putts.