IGNORED

Fluorescent Volvik Balls

Note: This thread is 2465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I found this red Volvik on the fairway last week. These things see to almost glow in the sunlight and have kind of a soft feeling case. Anyone tried playing with them?

IMG_5681.JPG

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

While the particular ball that you found appears to be the crystal ball model which is an okay ball at best.  I do play their vivid model which has a matte finish and I really like.  Volvik is very popular in Asian markets as they are made in Korea and they do make some good golf balls.  Golf balls are so subjective and you should just try out different types until you find one that performs for you.  

• Upvote 1

I had not heard of Volvik until this year when we watched the LPGA in Ann Arbor, MI.    They sponsored the tournament.   The colors are very vivid and bright.    I received a 2 ball sleeve that I use for indoor putting but I have not hit them otherwise.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This Spring I played an orange Volvik Vista ball and thought it was a great ball.  It was easy to see in the rough and follow off the clubs in the Spring sunlight.  Once summer hit, I went back to standard white balls and have kept using them through the Fall as the orange Vista's blend in too easily with the leaves on the ground.  

Joe Paradiso

• 5 months later...

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll just revive this one and fish for more feedback on Volvik balls.

Like the OPer, I found one of the bright red Volvik Vivid (matte finish) balls glowing in the rough last week, cool looking ball and how the owner lost it I'll never understand? Ray Charles could find this ball.

So, I played 9-holes with the Volvik today (42) and the back 9 with a yellow Bridgestone e6 (45) for only my second ever sub-90 round and both in 2017.

The ball felt great all the way around, but was wicked good off my wedges and putter. Other than flying a green with my 7-iron, it was spot on all day.

Anyone else playing these balls? Seemed to play better than other sub-$30/dozen balls that I've played. I was going to try the Vice ball deal but the Bridgestone e6 deal for 2 dz/$40 got me avfew weeks back...and I like the e6. But, now I think I might try the lime green Vivid balls next rather than 5-dozen Vice balls.

Any negatives on the Volvik balls?

• Upvote 1

:ping:   Ping G30 - Driver       

Ping G Series - 3w & 5w 

Ping G5 - 7w & 5-PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52*, 56*, 60*

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch putter

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Volvik Vivid!  I found one and it sat in my bag for a long time before it ever got teed up.  But when I finally did bring it out to play, OMG, it flew 20 yds longer than my normal drive and felt like a rubber ball off the face of the driver!!! I was astounded by the feel and I've bought all the different colors and only play Vivid now.  Incidentally I made my first hole-in-one with the bright orange Vivid at none other than Spyglass Hill #3!!

• Upvote 2

On 5/3/2017 at 1:15 AM, Joey G said:

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll just revive this one and fish for more feedback on Volvik balls.

Like the OPer, I found one of the bright red Volvik Vivid (matte finish) balls glowing in the rough last week, cool looking ball and how the owner lost it I'll never understand? Ray Charles could find this ball.

So, I played 9-holes with the Volvik today (42) and the back 9 with a yellow Bridgestone e6 (45) for only my second ever sub-90 round and both in 2017.

The ball felt great all the way around, but was wicked good off my wedges and putter. Other than flying a green with my 7-iron, it was spot on all day.

Anyone else playing these balls? Seemed to play better than other sub-$30/dozen balls that I've played. I was going to try the Vice ball deal but the Bridgestone e6 deal for 2 dz/$40 got me avfew weeks back...and I like the e6. But, now I think I might try the lime green Vivid balls next rather than 5-dozen Vice balls.

Any negatives on the Volvik balls?

This ball is super awesome.......but it has a tendency to come off clubface of irons hottt.I think once you switch to them and get your yardages dialed back in then you will be ok. I bought a sleeve of the S3 whites and I can say they are clearly the best ball ive ever hit. 

• Upvote 2

My wife bought a couple at golf Galaxy. They almost hurt to look at in bright sunlight. They were also super easy to find in the rough.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'd be afraid that I'd run into the guy from the local putt-putt, and he'd accuse me of stealing balls...

• Upvote 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

They sell a pink tour ball now that Bubba is with them, right? I don't believe they are as bright, though.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Ran across an abandoned greenish-yellow matte finish Volvik. Actually made it last a few rounds, which is a damn miracle with how lousy I've played so far this year.

You can sure as heck see it. That's a plus for me. Feel was as good as the E-6s or Nike Softs that i like to play when economical. That, of course, is going to be the reason I don't play it. $30 for a box of balls is too much for the likes of me. I won't mind finding a few more free ones.

Have you ever wondered how it happens that you find so many high visibility balls that people have still managed to lose?  

:-) 

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

9 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Have you ever wondered how it happens that you find so many high visibility balls that people have still managed to lose?  

Nah. Only found one, although it was in the dead middle of the fairway. My course's clientele love the Topflite XL3000. The older, the better. 

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:53 AM, snoopylover said:

I love the Volvik Vivid!  I found one and it sat in my bag for a long time before it ever got teed up.  But when I finally did bring it out to play, OMG, it flew 20 yds longer than my normal drive and felt like a rubber ball off the face of the driver!!! I was astounded by the feel and I've bought all the different colors and only play Vivid now.  Incidentally I made my first hole-in-one with the bright orange Vivid at none other than Spyglass Hill #3!!

Congrats on the Ace! I'm digging the Vivid a lot too. Haven't lost it yet

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:09 AM, Aflighter said:

This ball is super awesome.......but it has a tendency to come off clubface of irons hottt.I think once you switch to them and get your yardages dialed back in then you will be ok. I bought a sleeve of the S3 whites and I can say they are clearly the best ball ive ever hit. 

I'm finding them coming off the driver pretty hot too....but I really the feel with my wedges & putter.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, mcanadiens said:

Ran across an abandoned greenish-yellow matte finish Volvik. Actually made it last a few rounds, which is a damn miracle with how lousy I've played so far this year.

You can sure as heck see it. That's a plus for me. Feel was as good as the E-6s or Nike Softs that i like to play when economical. That, of course, is going to be the reason I don't play it. $30 for a box of balls is too much for the likes of me. I won't mind finding a few more free ones.

The e6 is normally around $30/dz too, I got mine on the 2dz/$40 special they ran a few weeks back so I'll be playing them for a few more weeks and really like the Bridgestone too....especially for $20/dz. But might have to try the Volvik after that...playing this one I rescued has me a little intrigued.  

Edited by Joey G

:ping:   Ping G30 - Driver       

Ping G Series - 3w & 5w 

Ping G5 - 7w & 5-PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52*, 56*, 60*

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch putter

On 5/12/2017 at 8:40 AM, David in FL said:

We know how right. Those are those perfect (or at least good) tee shots we all hit that disappear when we show up to the spot we think they landed.:pound:

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

9 hours ago, Joey G said:

The e6 is normally around $30/dz too, I got mine on the 2dz/$40 special they ran a few weeks back so I'll be playing them for a few more weeks and really like the Bridgestone too....especially for $20/dz. But might have to try the Volvik after that...playing this one I rescued has me a little intrigued.  

When I buy balls, I usually get recycled e-6 or Nike balls at about $10/dz. Otherwise, a trip thru Kittyhawk's par-3 course will generally yield a half dozen randoms for free.

• Upvote 1

Hate to be a Debbie downer but I'm not a fan of the look of the Volvik.  I've had a couple guys in my group playing with one and I actually had a hard time looking at it...just seems off to me.  I was never happier when one of the guys rinsed his only one (the red ball) in the pond.  Felt guilty feeling that way but I got over it quickly when he dropped a nice, new and shiny white ball.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Note: This thread is 2465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!