IGNORED

snap your fingers and make 1 Christmas song disappear

Wanzo
Note: This thread is 2707 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All of them :p 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I remember a similar thread last year. It was interesting because we covered both likes and hates.

But this is a fact - worst Christmas song of all time is for it's contrived sappiness:

Christmas Shoes.

9 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

I'll Be Home For Christmas by Kelly Clarkson.

There are many songs that are just as bad and on a different day I might pick any of them . .but this one always gets on my nerves.  it's so slow . .and boring.  It takes a million years to play through on the radio.  

It's under 3 mins so I guess it must be like a special water torture to you. The choice of trumpet seems retro. 

I was going to say it's nice to hear Clarkson do something, anything, where she doesn't feel obligated to belt it out. But no, at about 2:30 she starts with the mandatory screaming. I really can't stand any of her work.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I don't know who the artists are but there is a medley from the Nutcracker Suite with an orchestra and a heavy metal electric guitar.  I can't stand it, it's like mixing raspberry jam with homemade lasagna.  

None stand out as being particularly more unbearable than the rest, however, only for a short time.  One radio station on my dial goes to all Christmas music starting on November 1st!  I actually have two stations on my presets that are currently all Christmas music.  They are still getting skipped over.  I'm usually only actually in the mood for Christmas music during actual Christmas movies and on Christmas eve.  Also at any kids pageants that I end up going to (none this year tho)

The Barking Dogs doing "Jingle Bells."

If you've never heard it, say a prayer of Thanksgiving!

=================

In general, I get tired of "other people's" Christmas music. Of all the in-car DVDs I play each year, about half come between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

17 hours ago, NJpatbee said:

I don't know who the artists are but there is a medley from the Nutcracker Suite with an orchestra and a heavy metal electric guitar.  I can't stand it, it's like mixing raspberry jam with homemade lasagna.  

Growing up in the 60s, the Boston Bruins theme song for the TV broadcast was this really fast rock song. It took me a while to figure out it was a fast version of The March of the Soldiers from The Nutcracker Suite they called The Nutty. We all loved it because it meant the game was about to start.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 12/16/2016 at 0:29 AM, gregsandiego said:

I remember a similar thread last year. It was interesting because we covered both likes and hates.

But this is a fact - worst Christmas song of all time is for it's contrived sappiness:

Christmas Shoes.

It's under 3 mins so I guess it must be like a special water torture to you. The choice of trumpet seems retro. 

I was going to say it's nice to hear Clarkson do something, anything, where she doesn't feel obligated to belt it out. But no, at about 2:30 she starts with the mandatory screaming. I really can't stand any of her work.

I remember this one from last year, lol.  This song is just so amazing, it literally boggles my mind.  Simultaneously the best and worst Christmas song ever.  

That song is pure torture.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Mariah flippin' Carey. That song does my head in. All i want for Christmas is.....for her to stop warbling like an angry cat.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

19 minutes ago, RussUK said:

Mariah flippin' Carey. That song does my head in. All i want for Christmas is.....for her to stop warbling like an angry cat.

I definitely agree with this, but I will have to go with the I wanna hippo song. I know that despite any promises made, it will be the father/husband who cleans up the hippo droppings. 

- Shane

We've just tried out the family Spotify premium thing for 4 of us. Pretty cool for us, in case others interested. Lots of shared playlists, and just stumbled on this one of someone's list of the worst xmas songs.

Twisted Sister Come All Ye Faithful. Garbage, but lots to choose from here. Anything with auto-tuned chipmunks is noteworthy.

Chuck Berry on the playlist? Blasphemy. Ditto with Spongebob and "Don't be a Jerk (It's Christmas)". Those are quite opposite on the musical spectrum, but undeniable classics.:mad:

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

There are songs and artists eternally linked such as Nat KIng Cole singing " Chestnuts..." the Christmas Song, Bing singing White Christmas, Gene ... Rudolph etc.  But everyone tries their hand at a Christmas album and results are mixed for sure.   But as we turn onto the last 5 days before Christmas, one DOES begin to tire of the endless variety of bad versions.  I happen to enjoy the cringe factor in letting the Barking Dogs sing Jingle Bells, and Porky do justice to Blue Christmas. ..... ONCE lol. It is the same for Yogi  Yorgussen singing "Oh I yust go nuts at Christmas. A true classic. lol.   But no one ever sang Rockin around the Christmas tree better than Brenda did 60 odd years ago.  But they still try.  For me, remove anyone who won a singing competition trilling and warbling and yelling from singing Christmas. EVER!

2 hours ago, gatsby47 said:

There are songs and artists eternally linked such as Nat KIng Cole singing " Chestnuts..." the Christmas Song, Bing singing White Christmas, Gene ... Rudolph etc.  But everyone tries their hand at a Christmas album and results are mixed for sure.  

Very true. One of the worst examples is "Santa Baby". Every young female singer who comes along sees this as some kind of low lying fruit and feels compelled to do their own version. Some aren't bad, but are needless cover replications of the original.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Note: This thread is 2707 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!