IGNORED

I've created a way to build a golf swing!!!!!

Note: This thread is 1853 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The first picture of stackman and pro 1st pic. Both have head over right foot, hands and shaft points to left knee. He is striking more to trail side. The second I'm releasing around myself because of where I stabilized, he's going more targetward because of where he stabilized. I never said it's pretty but a wise man told me "what happens after impact is irrelevant ". It's only a counterbalance or reaction to precedent force. To those who dislike my 3/4 backswing ever heard of JB Holmes. 3/4 and goes a mile. I guess he'll never do much. 

18 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Completely stable 

I can sink your feet in concrete, and you'll be plenty "stable".  But you'll never generate any power...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm inline at impact. I really appreciate all the positive feedback from some asking questions. To all the positions gurus, I'm not looking for a swing coach. I know it works. Am I super flexible, no. Is my swing pretty, no. I'm the kind of guy needing this. I'm long enough to play any course and enjoy it. My short game,  putting and long game revolve around a few simple concepts. That's what golf needs, not more still pics being picked apart of  a swing  that can be taught simply and help handicaps drop. If you need me I'll be on most repeatable move in golf. Don't worry it's not a business it's YouTube. Adios 

really positive forum even from being "allowed " to take part but we're watching you. 

This is why Golf can't grow.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, No Mulligans said:

Stack man.PNG

That's the opposite of stable there, IMO.

I'm inline at impact.

Maybe with the ball well back in your stance, and about a 10-11° launch angle with your 4-iron.

To all the positions gurus, I'm not looking for a swing coach. I know it works.

You're an 8 index…?

really positive forum even from being "allowed " to take part but we're watching you. 

This is why Golf can't grow.

Nobody's being negative. I've seen people asking you questions. People asking you to demonstrate or explain some things.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not sure what the main point is, but all I can get out of it is simply "keep your eye on the ball" .  Other than that, "There is no there, there...."       From what I can observe from the static photos his weight is on the trail foot, little transfer.  If the object is to keep a consistent contact point, this is governed by how you set up and the natural bottom of the swing arc without manipulation of arm length.  As for whether or not it works for the OP, we can only take his word for it and if so, great.

Not unlike other posts in the past that went on and on and regardless of people genuinely trying to help, seemed to end up with the OP going into Charlie Brown mode :  "Why's everybody always pickin on me".  Now, NOT saying that is necessarily what is happening here, only in that there is similarity and it reminded me of the other thread(s).

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

@JoeB from Tennessee, thanks for posting your swing and an explanation video.

Do you have any Trackman data to share? Path, dynamic loft, smash factor?

With your impact position, I would think your smash and dynamic lofts numbers have some room for improvement. 

I agree with @No Mulligans pics, basically every good player is inline at or just after impact (shaft inline with their lead forearm). You reach inline well before impact. This is what I would call a "stable" impact.

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 6.12.57 PM.png

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

9 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

positions gurus

Your butt looks excessively tucked under. Its a weak position for the lower back...

Its not just about reaching positions for the sake of looks. There are obvious mechanical advantages with most "pretty" positions.

11 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

stack man 1.PNG

Stack man.PNG

Ugh...no thanks. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

13 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Ugh...no thanks. 

? - it's all about stabilizing and swinging down the eyeline. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Congratulations on swinging your swing. But a model for others? I mean, I've seen a lot of models and methods over the years by people who have spent years working in golf with others and intense study. Like I said, Congrats on finding something that works for you. Keep on studying.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

58 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

? - it's all about stabilizing and swinging down the eyeline. 

I think it's releasing down the eyeline.  Just not sure what that means.  Not sure I even want to know...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I think there's a difference between 'what works for you' versus 'what works.'

For ex, when I putt, I look at the putterhead thru the stroke instead of the ball. It works for me, but I don't necessarily think it would work universally. 

Edited by zipazoid
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, zipazoid said:

I think there's a difference between 'what works for you' versus 'what works.'

For ex, when I putt, I look at the putterhead thru the stroke instead of the ball. It works for me, but I don't necessarily think it would work universally. 

This is more-or-less my thought on the matter. Supposing the 8 HI is legit, it's way better than I do. It's better than the majority of people I play with. Teaching your individual swing to the general populace is another thing altogether. I've had buddies that think they should tell me what to do because they generally card a lower number than I do. Never mind they cheat like hell. What works for them, doesn't work for me.

Didn't watch the video, but the stills above do look funny. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

This is more-or-less my thought on the matter. Supposing the 8 HI is legit, it's way better than I do. It's better than the majority of people I play with. Teaching your individual swing to the general populace is another thing altogether. I've had buddies that think they should tell me what to do because they generally card a lower number than I do. Never mind they cheat like hell. What works for them, doesn't work for me.

Didn't watch the video, but the stills above do look funny. 

Jim Furyk is US Open champ. He has a swing that works fantastically well for him. But I don't see him, or anyone, advocating standing real close to the ball, looping the club outside & off-plane on the backswing, drop it inside & drastically get the hips out of the way in order to make room for the arms to get thru the ball.

Note: This thread is 1853 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!