IGNORED

Wearing a Wedding Ring while Playing

Jeremie Boop
Note:Β This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I'm getting married in a few months and my fiance gotΒ me two silicone rings to wear for golf, other sporting activities, or any placeΒ we wouldn't want to take/lose the real ring.Β  They were approximately $20Β a piece and are very flexible and comfortable.Β  There lotsΒ of places online you can find them.Β  I had usuallyΒ taped a few of my fingers to prevent slipping and blisters anyway, soΒ IΒ started wearing the silicone rings instead and they work like a charm.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:Β Β Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:Β Β CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:Β Β VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:Β Β IC 20-10A

• Administrator

I wear mine. I've probably posted already.

It helps that it's lightweight (titanium), but I got used to it in almost no time.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No wedding ring during golf, golf practice, or at the gym. I also shoot competitively and I take off my ring for matches. Everywhere else, I wear my ring. If I take it off I always put it in the same place in the car so it never gets lost.Β 

5 hours ago, deadon500 said:

Wife and I have our rings tattooed on the ring fingerΒ  love it no worries.

My ex-girlfriend did this also. Pretty painful to have lasered off apparently...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

2 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

My ex-girlfriend did this also. Pretty painful to have lasered off apparently...

we have been married 47 yrs now Β  -- Β  no need to change that

On 1/27/2018 at 5:54 PM, Kalnoky said:

No wedding ring during golf, golf practice, or at the gym. I also shoot competitively and I take off my ring for matches. Everywhere else, I wear my ring. If I take it off I always put it in the same place in the car so it never gets lost.Β 

Never bothered me and I shoot competitively also, vintage sniper.

Live from the doghouse.

I've always worn mine and it's never bothered me. Β However, if it bothers someone and the wife insists, I like @RichWW2's solution with a silicone ring.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave
Β 

Years ago, I would occasionally take my ring off when I was doing a different type of work, and it was a bit dangerous to wear it.

I have been driving a deskΒ for many years now, and there is no danger. I never take it off, and over time got used to it being on when playing golf. I never notice it, nor think about it. Mine is just a simple gold band; if yours is more ornate, then that might be different.

The longer you wear it, the less you will notice it.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 SΒ Β Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;Β Β Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts-Β TT AMT Red S300Β ;Β WedgesΒ Vokey SM8Β 56-10DΒ Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5Β Β Ball:Β Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

The only time my ring comes off is if I'm playing hockey (always ready to drop the mitts) lol. Or ifΒ I'm in the gym using Dumbbells or bench pressing. Felt weird to golf with the first 9 holes but I got used to it quickly.Β 

Edited by kpaulhus

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check outΒ Evolvr

:callaway:Β Rogue ST 10.5* |Β :callaway:Β Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade:Β P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist:Β 716Β AP2Β | Β :edel:Β Wedges 50/54/68 |Β :edel:Β Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67Β (18 holes),Β 32Β (9 holes)

• 2 weeks later...

I used to leave my wedding ring at home when I went to the field in the military. This was a safety measure so you didn'tΒ hook the ring on vehicle parts or equipment and half rip your finger off. Back then, I also took my ring off when I played golf.

Several years ago, I just started leaving my ring on when I play. I use a Bionic Stablegrip glove which has more cushioning than most, so it hasn't been a problem recently.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• CompletedΒ KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking Academy:Β Fitting, Assembly & RepairΒ School (2012)

Driver:Β  :touredge:Β EXSΒ 10.5Β°, weights neutralΒ  Β ||Β Β FWs:Β Β :callaway:Β RogueΒ 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball: Β image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.pngΒ QStar Tour - DivideΒ  ||Β Β Bag: :sunmountain:Β Three 5 stand bag

On 1/25/2018 at 11:24 PM, Sparty5389 said:

Buy a valuables bag and keep your wallet, keys, ringΒ and phone in it.Β 

Just make sure you check it for holes!Β  That's actually how I lost my first wedding ring - I had a bag that I would use when running to hold my stuff, and it developed a hole without me realizing.Β  Fortunately my ring cost about $50...

- John

I wear a wedding ring and another ring on my right hand (index finger) every time I play. Doesn't cause any issues with my swing.Β 

Sounds like it bothers some people and doesn't others.Β  Interesting topic though as I struggled what to do with my ring while playing sports.Β  I could never wear mine because it pinched my finger when swinging a bat and does the same the with a golf club.Β  My solution was what someone else mentioned; to develop a routine to know where I took it off.Β  Maybe its gross, but when I change into my golf shoes, (or cleats), I take off my watch and ring and put them both inside my street shoes.Β  When I'm done playing and take off the golf shoes, on goes the ring and watch.Β  No lost rings yet!

Edited by TK26
mispelling

Note:Β This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!