IGNORED

Oldest Club in Your Bag

Hoganman1
Note: This thread is 1822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is the oldest club (or clubs) in your bag? I occasionally go back to a 2004 edition of Callaway Big Bertha 3 and 5 metals. Although they're steel shafted, I still hit them pretty well when my 2016 GBB 3 and 5 are misbehaving. Also, my Odyssey White Hot Tour putter is probably eight to ten years old.

(edited)

2002ish Tommy Armour 5H

my most comfortable club

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think it's the Titleist 585H 19˚ I've got. – from 2006.  Have tried a few other 2-hybrids over the years but keep coming back to that one.

Edited by mdl

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I think the oldest club in my bag is either my driver or my putter. A Titleist 913 driver and a Odyessy pro type #6 putter. I think the putter may be an older model, but I've had the driver much longer. 

5 minutes ago, mdl said:

I think it's the Titleist 585H 19˚ I've got. – from 2006.  Have tried a few other 2-hybrids over the years but keep coming back to that one.

Yeah, that was a great club. The 21 degree was my first hybrid after i was finally finished with the 3 iron. I used it up until just a few years ago when i replaced it with 915 model. 

A 2006 Cleveland Hi-bore driver.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Titleist 909 4-Hybrid, which is 8 years old.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

My Odyssey Putter is at least 13 years old.  The next oldest is 3 wood, which is just over a year old ;-)

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

My Scotty Cameron Kombi putter is probably 7-10 years old. It was originally a belly putter. I took 4 inches off the shaft and installed an XL SuperStroke grip with a 75 gram weight in the handle. Best putter I have ever putted with so thats why she stays in the bag. Other than that my irons are the next oldest at 3 years old. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

My hybrids are the oldest, Callaway Heavenwoods from about 2005.

Up until last summer, I carried a 16* Taylor Raylor from about 1990.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

• 3 weeks later...

I still carry and use my Dad's sand wedge.  It's a Jack Nicklaus (McGregor I believe) that has sentimental value.  My lifetime of golf is all due to my Dad having introduced me to the game at a very young age, paying for lessons, JGA tournaments, and having incredible patience.  I'm guessing that SW to be at least 40 years old. 

• Like 1

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

I can relate @fishgolf  My grandfather's sand wedge and putter are on display in the den, along with my dad's 53 degree wedge.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 2:16 PM, Piz said:

I can relate @fishgolf  My grandfather's sand wedge and putter are on display in the den, along with my dad's 53 degree wedge.

Same here, I have my grandfather's clubs on display in my den too. They're all hickory shafted except the steel shafted Two Wood he used as a driver. I've never played them for fear of breaking the shafts, but I once played 18 with his putter. It's probably got 7* of loft.

Note: This thread is 1822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!