IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

7 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

That must be hard

Do I hear TST Orange Whip trainer challenge? LOL. I might kill someone trying this.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

“I’m hoping one day he’ll come out and have the honesty to talk about his past. It would really be a great cleansing process for him, but I don’t know if he’ll ever do that. I wish he would, because unfortunately he’s going to get always get questions about his past. Always questions about what happened at Georgia, what happened at Augusta State, what happened with his parents. I wish he would get it off his chest at some point in life, because I think it would help him become a better person.”

—Josh Gregory

I would have sent that in a PM but I'm not allowed so the topic stays on the masters.

Is that the same guy who had to resign under a cloud from SMU?  Maybe he needs to follow his own advice?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

11 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

They did and if it wasn't for Spieth/fowler push the tournament would have fallen on its face after tiger's round finished.

It would've been a disaster!

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

The players playing "good golf" were on the main CBS coverage, which shows those in contention.

Again, why do you care so much about what happened almost ten years ago? I'm not saying you don't get to… I just don't see the point. Were you perfect as a kid? Has there ever been any definitive proof he cheated?

No I wasn't perfect but I didn't lie and steal. When there is two separate schools where the players accuse a guy of cheating, there is a pattern. I tend to believe the players who are known as good guys like Harmon, Husdon Swafford. Also why was he suspended at Augusta State then?  

Trollin' is the life

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Is that the same guy who had to resign under a cloud from SMU?  Maybe he needs to follow his own advice?

Good catch.

http://golfweek.com/2014/08/11/college-golf-josh-gregory-smu-resignation-violatio/

SMU men’s coach Josh Gregory resigned under pressure Friday in the wake of reputed rules violations, Golfweek has learned.

Ho hum.

5 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

No I wasn't perfect but I didn't lie and steal. When there is two separate schools where the players accuse a guy of cheating, there is a pattern. I tend to believe the players who are known as good guys like Harmon, Husdon Swafford. Also why was he suspended at Augusta State then?  

Again, I'll ask: why do you care about something that happened almost ten years ago? And has never actually been proven (not the drinking stuff)?

And who was interviewed as his former coach and current coach on Morning Drive this morning saying things like "Patrick Reed is a great guy, has a lot of friends, intense, and a great player."? (paraphrased) Oh, Josh Gregory? But wait, there's more…

And how much credit should we give anything the guy says? He's clearly had a checkered past himself, no?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This is bizarre

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

17 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Yes and he has always took risks on shady characters. I don't think this is SMU's first offense.

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Good catch.

http://golfweek.com/2014/08/11/college-golf-josh-gregory-smu-resignation-violatio/

Ho hum.

Again, I'll ask: why do you care about something that happened almost ten years ago? And has never actually been proven (not the drinking stuff)?

And who was interviewed as his former coach and current coach on Morning Drive this morning saying things like "Patrick Reed is a great guy, has a lot of friends, intense, and a great player."? (paraphrased) Oh, Josh Gregory? But wait, there's more…

And how much credit should we give anything the guy says? He's clearly had a checkered past himself, no?

Why should I take anytime to respond to you? You love to edit my posts and yours. You have some issues with being able to dish out heat but not take it? 

Trollin' is the life

• Administrator

@MuniGrit, I edited my post when I realized the mistake nearly twenty minutes before you made your post. You quoted an old copy of the post, and only pointed out a mistake I'd already corrected before you posted.

Clearly Josh Gregory doesn't have all bad feelings about Patrick Reed - he recruited him to play at Augusta State, won two national championships with him, and continues to be his coach.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

@MuniGrit, I edited my post when I realized the mistake nearly twenty minutes before you made your post. You quoted an old copy of the post, and only pointed out a mistake I'd already corrected before you posted.

Clearly Josh Gregory doesn't have all bad feelings about Patrick Reed - he recruited him to play at Augusta State, won two national championships with him, and continues to be his coach.

Saying I hope someone comes clean doesn't mean you have bad feelings. I have even seen you on here when giving honest advice call it tough love. He is right, it would be good for Reed to be honest. Look at Daly's checkered past and people love him because he is honest about his troubles in life. People like honesty, not liars and thieves.

Trollin' is the life

• Administrator

Again, though… I don't know why you care so much about old shit.

Christ Almighty. Very dumb things happen in college. One freezing cold winter's night in the 1990s, after a lot of beer, some of my mates "curled" (slid) a Mini belonging to a girl in the dorm room next door, whom none of us liked, on the icy parking lot, while the rest of us looked on. They "parked" it around the corner. She called the cops. A uniformed Sergeant and Constable came and sat in our dorm room kitchen, and, trying very hard not to smile, gave us all a proper bollocking.

Looked at through another lens, that could, perhaps, be construed as "TWOC" (in UK parlance), "Grand Theft Auto" (in US parlance). The coppers decided a severe talking to was enough.

I'm certainly glad I'm an obscure academic. For high-profile professional golfers, and other high profile people, I guess the scarlet letters from their salad days exist into perpetuity. Which seems sad.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Again, though… I don't know why you care so much about old shit.

While I agree with you, I also wonder why you care so much about what he (or others) worry about

Players play, tough players win!

5 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

While I agree with you, I also wonder why you care so much about what he (or others) worry about

He doesn’t. Nor do I. Come on.....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I care only to the extent that he’s a sourpuss and rather than celebrating the great golf Patrick Reed played he’s being negative and bringing up old shit.

Which is to say I care very little.

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

11 hours ago, klineka said:

This is gross

This is what my left and right ankles looked like after I tore all the ligaments. I did it twice. They must have taped it like a cast for him to be able to play.

5 hours ago, Zeph said:

He should change his Sunday apparel to Victory Pink from now on.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

22 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Thanks for sharing. It reminds my of Aaron Roger's relationship with his family. We may never know the other side of the story.

LOL! I thought the same thing!

I picture them all in a dark basement room wearing Master's Green cloaks, a small fire burning in the center of a circle. Ridley standing there in only Master's green boxer shorts.

"You have violated the sanctity of these hallowed grounds. You must now be punished."

LOL. He probably got pilloried and pelted with rotten fruit for his satanic mistake. 

Steve

Note: This thread is 2201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!