IGNORED

PGA Tour's New Slogan: Live Under Par

Note: This thread is 915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Live Under Par  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the PGA Tour's new slogan: "Live Under Par"?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like the new slogan more than the old: "These Guys are Good"?

• I like "Live Under Par" more.
    • I like "These Guys are Good" more.
    • I like them equally as much.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the slogan is good, although like @klineka I first read it with a long i. I think the trailer is terrible. The editing seemed really immature, as if someone's 13 year old kid did it, and

Don't like it. "These guys are good" was great, though. Where do you go from there?

I already want to change it to 'Live under par..k benches'  

Posted Images

Owch, that's just bad!  The trailer is childish and not something that the average viewer would relate to ... i mean seriously, stop with the pop-up tweets and emojis!  Barf.  The slogan itself is boring, fails to evoke emotion, and is definitely a step back.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Wrong "live" Steven.

It's the "Living Under Par" variant.

Oi, I had the video on in the background and didn't pay attention. if it was live, as in tv, I guess there would have been a comma, as in: Live, under par.

Live, as in living, under par is awful.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.16.19 PM.png

The way they cut the UNDER off on the bottom is cheesy.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Horrible, so horrible.

Bad music, awful cuts and swipes, way too much social media pop ups.  It does look like a bunch of 5th graders made it.  Way too much money spent on this turd.

Here is what I see happened.  Some bigwigs son or daughter needed a job, they heard about this and wanted in on it and since they have no talent, schooling or any experience they produced this turd and nobody on the board spoke up cause they didn't want to hurt the CEO's feelings and now we will have to listen to this when watching a tourney and contemplate quitting golf so we don't have to listen to it.

:whistle::beer:

• Like 1

Why have a brand statement that no one understands? And who wants to live "under par" anyway? The term makes sense in golf but sounds like you're living a sub-par life. -Marv

(edited)
10 hours ago, iacas said:

I really dislike it.

It's dumb. Period.

10 hours ago, billchao said:

Don't like it. "These guys are good" was great, though. Where do you go from there?

Yep

Edited by woodzie264

"These guys are good" is much better and that statement has never been more true than now. The talent on tour is pretty incredible these days. I guess the new slogan conveys a similar concept, but the older slogan seems catchier to me. 

What about everyone on tour that doesn't live under par? Those that struggle to make cuts regularly? They are still good (These guys are good), but they don't live under par when they are often over par.

10 hours ago, MarvChamp said:

Why have a brand statement that no one understands?

It's like explaining a joke.  If you have to do that, it was a pretty awful joke.

21 minutes ago, b101 said:

Yep, not a fan. 

Also, what happens when we get the US Open and nobody's under par...? Does this mean they're all rubbish?

They can change it to "Live close to par" for that week :dance:

Note: This thread is 915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!