IGNORED

2018 TST Michigan Outing - Interested?

Note: This thread is 1415 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2018 TST Michigan Outing - June or July? Week Day or Weekend?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If you might be able to participate in a TST Michigan Golf Outing, what is a good month and day of the week? (multiple choices permitted)

• June - week day
    • June - weekend
    • July - week day
    • July - weekend
    • June or July do not work but later could be better
    • Not interested

As a gauge of the interest in a 2018 TST Michigan golf session, please respond to this poll.  This is not a commitment to participate, just a measure of interest or lack of interest.

You can select multiple choices.  Our "names" will be visible.  Details such as where, when, etc... would be hashed out once we have an idea of who is available on week days, weekends and June or July.  Last year we tried to make the spot more central (Okemos) and on a week day (cost and quicker play).  

If someone else among our hardy band of Michiganders would like to grab the "organizer" role, I am more than fine with that.  Generally, my thought is to decide upon a specific date first and then work in the other details (where, when, how, cost, etc...).

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Like 1

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Brian,

Thanks for the poll.   I'm available almost any time but am playing in a tournament in Garland June 14-16th.   I have many other small golf outings but I'm pretty flexible.   Set a date and count on me unless something unforeseen arises.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

June is out for me, and I'm not sure of my July schedule.
Thanks for trying to pull this together, my best answer is that I'd like to play & I'll try to see if I can make it if a date gets set.

Players play, tough players win!

Thanks for the feedback, men.  I figured we should start thinking about this now, even if we end up playing in October.  It may turn out that few are interested and we have a foursome.  That would certainly make the planning easier.

I "PM'd" everyone in the Michigan Club, the creation of which by @dennyjones was brilliant.  If you know of any other Michiganders, tell them to join our Club.

Brian Kuehn

Sounds like it'll be a fun time, indeed. I am a part of the Michigan club; however, it's been over a decade since I lived there, so location wise wouldn't be too ideal for me, sadly. 

Besides, I'm lucky to go golfing twice a year most years and have still never broken 110, so there'd be no need to embarrass myself even more than I usually do on the golf course, ha. 

Hope it all works out for everyone! 

Edited by pmack18
  • Upvote 1

If I'm able to attend, any week day of any month would work.

Unless there are others in the group this far north, don't worry about my location when deciding where to play. I don't mind driving downstate. 

Thanks for the invitation @bkuehn1952.

Jon

Don't forget, you guys have a club:

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Weekends whatever month usually works best for me. We've got some Rochester school district renovations coming up for summer so I might be working weekends too. I can make a central Michigan course like in Okemos. That's pretty good distance wise but I'm always open to anywhere.

-Justin

My Swing

SLDR C 10.5, Aeroburner 3W/3H, MX-200 4-GW, Vokey Chrome 200 56 & 60, TM White Smoke

15 hours ago, pmack18 said:

...it's been over a decade since I lived there, so location wise wouldn't be too ideal for me, sadly... 

Ha ha!  I did not check on everyone's details and, yes, Nashville would be a bit of a haul for a morning of golf.  Thanks for the good wishes.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

My wife's family all lives in the Detroit area. We go back every summer to visit for a week or two, pick a date and I will see if I can get our visit to coincide. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

2 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

My wife's family all lives in the Detroit area. We go back every summer to visit for a week or two, pick a date and I will see if I can get our visit to coincide. 

Reach out and come play.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/4/2018 at 10:53 AM, bkuehn1952 said:

...Paladin.

Yeah, I watched that,  Difference is my weapons kill only me.

Another masochist ensnared by golf

I'm interested as well. New to the forum, as well as golf in general, but live in the Lansing area. Okemos is just a short drive for me. 

" No one succeeds without effort... Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.

Let come what comes, let go what goes. See what remains. "

- RM

Would love to come up from Indiana for a round.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Note: This thread is 1415 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!