IGNORED

Drone as Course Ranger

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wonder how the noise is going over with the members/customers. And you probably need a ranger to get out there to do the enforcing, no? What is the drone gonna do, shoot lasers at you? Pew pew pew.

VfcPNQC.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

36 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I wonder how the noise is going over with the members/customers. And you probably need a ranger to get out there to do the enforcing, no? What is the drone gonna do, shoot lasers at you? Pew pew pew.

VfcPNQC.jpg

I'm not sure I like the idea.   What if a bathroom isn't readily available?  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

37 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

VfcPNQC.jpg

That one is just the spotter. The one below is the enforcer.

drone.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

At the very least it might make a few folks mind their Ps & Qs. Kind of like keeping the honest criminal in check. A good threat so to speak. 

In reality, although a good thing, enforcing these rules with a drone, would be considered a strict enforcement idea of the rules. Strict enforcement would tend to run customers off to spend their money at other less restrictive courses.  

At my home course, if I play late enough, the kids who live next the course have their drones out. They tend to be quiet, and unassuming. The drones themselves are not bothersome. We have a few in our family we recreate with. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

33 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Do they make effective drone jammers small enough to fit in a golf bag?

Taurus Judge with a load of .410?  I mean, it would be louder than the drone but would definitely "jam" it.

3 minutes ago, lungbuster said:

Taurus Judge with a load of .410?  I mean, it would be louder than the drone but would definitely "jam" it.

Where I play, that would bring more five 0 than you could shake a stick at. ... They'd presume it to be gang-related.

This is a dumb idea.  It takes a single marshal/ranger to roam the course and enforce the rules, and it takes a single person to fly the drone - where's the efficiency?  Then, as @nevets88 mentioned, you still need to send someone out on the course when something goes awry.  

Of course, in my experience the rangers do little to enforce the rules and spend more time looking for golf balls ... but perhaps that's just the cheap-ass courses I play on ... :roll:

1 hour ago, lungbuster said:

40 minutes ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Sling shots are legal in most states. 

Come on, guys. You have a projectile and a mode of launching it already on hand.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

12 minutes ago, billchao said:

Come on, guys. You have a projectile and a mode of launching it already on hand.

And if it hits, plausible deniability. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Because if I struggle to hit a 6000sf stationary green, I should do fine hitting a 24" moving robot, amirite? :blink:

18 minutes ago, Sixwings86 said:

Because if I struggle to hit a 6000sf stationary green, I should do fine hitting a 24" moving robot, amirite? :blink:

Maybe you just need the extra level of challenge.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Do they make effective drone jammers small enough to fit in a golf bag?

3 hours ago, lungbuster said:

2 hours ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Sling shots are legal in most states. 

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Then there’s always this...

🤪😂

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

6 minutes ago, Lihu said:

See? Simple and cool.

7 minutes ago, Lihu said:

🤪😂

This... not so much. Don't blame the drone for hitting bad shots. It's a constant sound, not like a sudden jolt or anything. Plus, if you're going to destroy property, make sure you don't get caught (like doing it on camera or something stupid like that ;-)).

Also that is not how you drop a golf ball :-P

Bill

My Swing Thread

54 minutes ago, billchao said:

Also that is not how you drop a golf ball :-P

I wondered what she was doing? 😂

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

3 hours ago, Lihu said:

🤪😂

LOL, that's awesome

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

• iacas changed the title to Drone as Course Ranger

Sounds like we may need a “Drone Hunter” achievement badge here... 😜

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Note: This thread is 2086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!