IGNORED

2018 PGA Championship at Bellerive

iacas
Note: This thread is 2079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Nah. That's the only time to do it. Logically, you can't point out how ridiculous a prediction was before you've seen the results.

Duh.

I won $57 on betting brooks koepka and gary woodland though. My prediction skills are solid. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

Just now, Valleygolfer said:

This is some 10 year old shit... Own up to what you say instead of ridiculing some one for calling you out...

FWIW, he did predict the Mets would win the World Series this year too!

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Groucho Valentine said:

I won $57 on fan duel brooks koepka and gary woodland though. My prediction skills are solid. 

Ha! Time to retire! :beer:

• Like 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

3 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

This is some 10 year old shit... Own up to what you say instead of ridiculing some one for calling you out... Of course if the outcome was different, you would not have been here saying, "I told you so..."

No, i wouldn't have at all. Because i dont care. 

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

FWIW, he did predict the Mets would win the World Series this year too!

I meant 2028. 

2 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

No, i wouldn't have at all. Because i dont care.

Nyut uh... My dad will beat up your dad... Its okay to say you were wrong buddy...

Edited by Valleygolfer

4 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Nyut uh... My dad will beat up your dad... Its okay to say you were wrong buddy...

I was rooting for tiger to win. It would have been one of the best sports stories ever. He still didn't hit his driver well, but i was surprised on how well he performed there. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Over everything else I believe it tested best the toughest golf skill of all - to hit it long and straight. 

Relatively speaking it did not seem like it there was an unnecessary amount of over-thinking required to score well. It wasn't necessarily a push over either even though soft and seem to separate the men from the boys. What was so much fun was that they were forced to flag hunt to stand out. The leader-board was a list of who's who of the ball strikers on tour the whole week.

The best tourney of the year so far for me.      

Vishal S.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger lost about 6 strokes over the course of the tournament to Koepka driving the ball. That is crazy.

The back 9 was awesome yesterday, but it never really felt like Tiger was going to have a chance. Unlike in the Open, where I thought he was going to win when he got the lead on the back 9. Koepka was just too damn good.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Great leaderboard on Sunday and steady play by Koepka who deserved the win. Tiger did have a Tiger like performance and made it interesting and fun to watch.

19 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Tiger lost about 6 strokes over the course of the tournament to Koepka driving the ball. That is crazy.

The back 9 was awesome yesterday, but it never really felt like Tiger was going to have a chance. Unlike in the Open, where I thought he was going to win when he got the lead on the back 9. Koepka was just too damn good.

Same here. It felt like Tiger was in it, but realistically he wasn't. He was always going to need some help. Koepka was in control and then those birdies on 15 & 16 slammed the door. 

No surprise, ratings are highest in 9 years.

CBS SPORTS’ 2018 PGA CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL-ROUND COVERAGE SCORES HIGHEST RATING IN NINE YEARS, UP 69% FROM LAST YEAR

CBS Sports’ final-round coverage of the 2018 PGA Championship on Sunday, August 12 earned an average household metered market rating/share of 6.1/14, up 69% from last year’s 3.6/8. Brooks Koepka held off Tiger Woods and Adam Scott to win his second major of the year.

This year’s 6.1/14 is the highest rating for the Sunday final round of the PGA Championship since 2009.

The final-round rating peaked with an 8.3/17 rating/share from 7:00-7:15 PM, ET.

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-sports/releases/view?id=50734

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I take it no one on the tour's gonna beat him in arm wrestling.

Let the swing analyses commence

Steve

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I take it no one on the tour's gonna beat him in arm wrestling.

Let the swing analyses commence

A friend of mine's overly horny sister was watching the PGA this weekend and out old the blue stated that she wanted to start taking lessons for golf. She said it was a surprising unexpected statement... but we both knew why.

Drive on 17 from another angle. Wish the camera didn't pull away from Woods after the drive though, to see reaction.

Steve

14 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

And what might Tiger have shot on the front if he'd been able to hit a fairway?!

So you think he'd have had less putts?

Bill - 

11 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

So you think he'd have had less putts?

10 putts on the front and no fairways hit was pretty crazy!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

1 minute ago, Vinny Cap said:

10 putts on the front and no fairways hit was pretty crazy!

GIR is king.  Fairways Hit helps, a lot, but in the end, GIR matters whether you hit fairways or not.

I'm teasing BuckeyB though.  He's right, with better driving, imagine how many of the scrambles for par could possibly have been birdie opportunities instead - very likely....

I'm thinking more about the 2 3-putts from Saturday...ouch.

great tourney - LOTS of great golf from a lot of people, Tiger's round just added an amazing level to the show.  (Glad to see Adam playing well too - sad to see Rory and Rickie not join the comeback crowd).

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 2079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!