IGNORED

2018 Dell Technologies - FedExCup Playoffs

Zeph
Note: This thread is 2061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Took a video of single length irons guy because the lead wrist bow is so noticeable here. You can really see the face hitting "down" into the ball here, a 200+ yard shot into a par 5 green.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

SLIG is playing some great golf these days, but he's so slow. I heard the final group was given a warning about slow play.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 hour ago, Moxley said:

Guessing nobody is leaving Dechambeau out of their wild card picks now

Making a case for player of the year...

• Upvote 1

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

30 minutes ago, Chris223 said:

No, Koepka is still a lock for the PGA of America POTY (decided by a point system), and probably also for the PGA Tour POTY (decided by a vote).

The only other player to win the first two FedEx Cup playoff events was Vijay Singh, in 2008.  And he won the WGC Bridgestone earlier that same month.  Under the rules of that year, he only needed to show up at the last two events to win the FedEx Cup, which he did.  He was also the leading money winner for the year.

In spite of that, POTY went to Padraig Harrington, who won two majors and nothing else that year.  In fact, he didn't win again, on either the PGA or Euro Tour, for 7 years.

And Vijay never won another official event on the PGA or Euro Tours, ever.

It's tough to stay on top.

Edited by brocks
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

23 minutes ago, BallStriker said:

The Mad Scientist has done it again!!! Geauxxx Dechambeau

He's been very impressive the past 2 weeks with 2 wins against the best of the best.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

19 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Took a video of single length irons guy because the lead wrist bow is so noticeable here. You can really see the face hitting "down" into the ball here, a 200+ yard shot into a par 5 green.

Great video there! Thanks! It may be hard to tell since it’s DTL but it sure looks like he starts his arms down considerably before his lower body does anything.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Great video there! Thanks! It may be hard to tell since it’s DTL but it sure looks like he starts his arms down considerably before his lower body does anything.

I think his lead hand grip is pretty weak which is why it looks like there's so much bowing. I tried a weak grip it's a lot of force on that wrist or maybe I'm not used to it. 

Also I never noticed before his regular grips were so thick. It looks like there's like many pieces of tape in there. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

39 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I think his lead hand grip is pretty weak which is why it looks like there's so much bowing. I tried a weak grip it's a lot of force on that wrist or maybe I'm not used to it. 

Also I never noticed before his regular grips were so thick. It looks like there's like many pieces of tape in there. 

Yeah they have his grips at my PGA Superstore here...they’re literally like a baseball bat handle.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

The commentators today remarked on that. During one of those "super slo-mo" replays of one of his swings, they said that his arms "led" the swing. The shoulders, torso, hips, and legs seemed to follow. They also remarked on how he didn't seem to "release" the club in the traditional sense.

And the idea has struck me that the single length irons, and the more than standard upright lie, along with the single plane swing, might make it easier to achieve the forward shaft lean, bowed left wrist position at impact.

Will I try to imitate this? NO! I'm far too old of a dog to try learning this new trick!

3 hours ago, Chris223 said:

Sure.  But still unlikely to beat two majors with what he's got here.

I suspect even winning another playoff event it would be hard to pass up Brooks.

But the kid continues to show he is the real thing.  Not some cliche topic for uptight announcers.

Bill - 

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm really anxious to get a look at Aroniminck! I've been aware of it since I really started learning about golf, but only as one of those legendary, old, eastern country clubs.

As far as I know, I never seen so much as a pic of it!

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm really anxious to get a look at Aroniminck! I've been aware of it since I really started learning about golf, but only as one of those legendary, old, eastern country clubs.

FWIW, it's hosted PGA Tour events within the last decade.

2003 Senior PGA Championship
2010 AT&T National
2011 AT&T National

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So I'm looking at who moved into the top 70 and who is out of the top 70 after last weeks event.

And looking at players ranked before the event from 60-72, 6 moved on and are playing this week and 6 missed being in the top 70.
Only #70 Kevin Streelman missed the cut, all the others were basically in a shoot-out to play 1 more event (with a chance to move in to the top 30 with a top 5 finish)

BTW - DeChambeau is 2/11 of the way to tying Hagen's 11 consecutive win record, and 2/7 of the way to tying Tigers modern record of 7 consecutive wins
( I wanted to get in early on hyping this streak .... before it ends)

Players play, tough players win!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

BTW - DeChambeau is 2/11 of the way to tying Hagen's 11 consecutive win record, and 2/7 of the way to tying Tigers modern record of 7 consecutive wins

And just think, he can beat limited fields to get to five:

• 100 (Dell Tech) - already done
  • 70 (BMW) - win #3 in a row
  • 30 (Tour Championship) - win #4 in a row
  • ~30 (whatever they call the event that only winners play in now) - win #5 in a row

Probably won't happen, but it's a little funny how the wins actually get a bit easier as they go along. 100, 70, 30, 30… 😉 Then they'd get more difficult again, of course.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Probably won't happen, but it's a little funny how the wins actually get a bit easier as they go along. 100, 70, 30, 30… 😉 Then they'd get more difficult again, of course. 

Footnote that record ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

10 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I played there in a GAP tournament years ago. They've made changes to the course since then, but the 9th and 18th holes there are still among of the most stunning single holes I've ever played with that clubhouse as a backdrop. Aside from that, not much about the place really jumped out at me besides the impeccable conditions. 

Note: This thread is 2061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!