IGNORED

The Cameron Champ Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who knows if he'll be a flash in the pan, but man, he hits it far.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He’ll be a good one to watch. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It will be fun to see him play in more of the high profile tournaments throughout 2019. I hope he does well. He could be a fun superstar to watch. 

He just started on the Tour and he's a star already.  He'll be a superstar in no time.  I'm rooting for him.  If anyone is going to pick up Tiger's mantle, I think it will be Cam Champ.  The Masters is going to be a pitch and putt for him, like it was for Tiger.  I can't wait to see how great he'll be. 

• Administrator
22 hours ago, Herkimer said:

If anyone is going to pick up Tiger's mantle, I think it will be Cam Champ.  

Huh?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

56 minutes ago, iacas said:

Huh?

He won't be the next Tiger, but he's going to follow in his footsteps more than just a little bit.  

We had Arnie and Jack.  Then we had Tiger and Phil.  Now it'll be Bryson and Cam.  Exciting battles to come.

Very exciting to see him in the Mayakoba, playing so well on a course that isn't really geared towards big hitters. 

Too early to accurately gauge his potential but there's every reason to believe it would be very high indeed. 

Also up there is Aaron Wise, who I also think is a great prospect.

I've heard of him, but what's the deal with all the hype? Is it just because he hits it far or does he have a good all around game to go with it?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

26 minutes ago, Moxley said:

I think it's a combination of hitting it far and , taking into account his age, the potential for improvement elsewhere in his game. 

I mean he’s already won an event this year. And he’s been staying close to the top of the leaderboards in the others. He already has a really sound game. So add in the drives and you have a fun guy to watch. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Well I was really liking the guy as one of my picks in the Mayakoba, that is until Sunday afternoon on the 14h hole, when he went DB, B, P and DB again, had he just parred those holes he would have finished right up there close to Kuc.  

I'm ALL IN

On 11/11/2018 at 7:43 AM, billchao said:

I've heard of him, but what's the deal with all the hype? Is it just because he hits it far or does he have a good all around game to go with it?

From an aesthetic pov relative to others the look of the swing, at least to me, it looks the smoothest compared to long hitters. Kind of like in tennis there are some players that underachieve but I will go out of my way to watch them play because their groundstrokes is like art in motion.

Look at that lead wrist. Bow city.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

While Cam does hit it far AF!!!!  let's please all give him a couple years to see how he does...   i mean yes him already having a win on Tour is something..  but lets all calm down 

It is what it is

• 5 months later...

Cameron is having some trouble as of late, one made cut since February.

1548306635_ScreenShot2019-05-25at3_32_19PM.thumb.png.1527049ac9aff28f8a81cdddba5763a0.png

Has a bit of an issue breaking par in the first round, 81 is tough to come back from. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

GettyImages-972296054.jpg

If you've ever wondered what an average PGA Tour or LPGA Tour players' Trackman stats look like, then you're in luck.

Below is a list of PGA Tour averages for every club in the bag. As you can see, the club speed for the average PGA Tour pro is 113 mph with driver. Cameron Champ currently leads the club-head speed charts this season with a 129.72 average.

That average speed is insanity. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

25 minutes ago, jamo said:
GettyImages-972296054.jpg

If you've ever wondered what an average PGA Tour...

That average speed is insanity. 

I wonder if his speed is part of the reason for his struggles? All of his errors are magnified. 

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!