IGNORED

2019 Arnold Palmer Invitational

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 1863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• nevets88 changed the title to 2019 Arnold Palmer Invitational Discussion Thread

Now people will start saying...Is there a tournament this weekend?   (just kidding.....)

It will be interesting to see if the players can play by the rules w/o whining!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just saw this....WTF mang....not cool

I hear ya. I asked on another thread accidentally but do you guys know if DJ is playing?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I hear ya. I asked on another thread accidentally but do you guys know if DJ is playing?

https://arnoldpalmerinvitational.com/tournament/players_pairings

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Did anyone else get a Brady Bunch vibe when you scroll through the players pictures. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Did anyone else get a Brady Bunch vibe when you scroll through the players pictures. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Lol! Yep...great call!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

10 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

What about the guys with no photo? Are they camera shy?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Going over to watch on Sunday. Looking forward to that. I hate to say this but I've always thought Bay Hill was overrated. Always have a good time watching the tournament however.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

It's on one of the hardest tracks on Tour (according to 2017 score in relation to par stats), hosted by arguably the most-loved and iconic professional golfer of all time, is played in beautiful weather and generally in beautiful condition, attracts the big names... not sure why it'd be over-rated?

Edited by 3jacker

12 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Going over to watch on Sunday. Looking forward to that. I hate to say this but I've always thought Bay Hill was overrated. Always have a good time watching the tournament however.

Yeah I agree with @3jacker. Do you mean the course, the club? I’ve been the last 3 years in a row and I really like the course and the tournament’s convenient logistics. I drive 10 minutes to park at Universal Studios garage parking, hop on a shuttle bus and it drops me off right at the gate. Reverse to go home. Plenty of concession stands and the BBQ tent is well run. Just a damn good time. Field is strong. Golly Beaver, what gives?😀

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, 3jacker said:

It's on one of the hardest tracks on Tour (according to 2017 score in relation to par stats), hosted by arguably the most-loved and iconic professional golfer of all time, is played in beautiful weather and generally in beautiful condition, attracts the big names... not sure why it'd be over-rated?

Not the tournament or Arnold Palmer or the weather. The course is always in great shape for the tournament. I have played Bay Hill a few times and it's a good golf course but as far as being one of the greatest courses I have ever played...no. In my opinion there are many better courses (just in the state of Florida). I played there a few months ago and it was actually in worse shape than a few other courses in that area that I played. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible, I just personally think it's overrated as far as a great golf course. I'm strictly talking about playing the course. 

Edited by Bucki1968
Spelling

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

I want a bag of these.

Arnold Palmer tribute.

What is going on here?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

18 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

What is going on here?

Based on the caption on Bubba's original video, I think they were making fun of the whole caddie standing in the line rules thing that has been going on lately. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I want a bag of these.

I’ll send you a bag!

2 hours ago, klineka said:

Based on the caption on Bubba's original video, I think they were making fun of the whole caddie standing in the line rules thing that has been going on lately. 

Ah, I see.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 4.20.48 PM.png

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I’ll send you a bag!

Thanks for the offer @Vinsk, but I wouldn't want to inconvenience you. They don't look easy to acquire.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 1863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!