IGNORED

2019 Arnold Palmer Invitational

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 1864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
7 hours ago, DeadMan said:

What gap? Come on, Phil.

This is more proof of my theory that Phil thinks he's a lot smarter than he actually is. Don't get me wrong, it's wildly entertaining. But he's not some savant like he seems to think he is.

Right, and for one stroke, how far did he think he was going to advance the ball anyway? When for one penalty stroke he could have been two club lengths away, 100% guaranteed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, DeadMan said:

What gap? Come on, Phil.

This is more proof of my theory that Phil thinks he's a lot smarter than he actually is. Don't get me wrong, it's wildly entertaining. But he's not some savant like he seems to think he is.

It boils down to the fact that nobody has a higher opinion of Phil than Phil. Which is why he has always taken a very high percentage of low percentage shots. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

11 hours ago, Benit0 said:

He's fun to watch that is for sure. Imagine if he would have pull it off! I'm just relieve that even PGA Pro have poor judgement sometimes!

Yeah. Remember the shot off the pine straw at Augusta at 13?! Incredible! Besides, guys with that kind of talent challenge each other all the time when playing together. 

I remember reading about Freddie Couples playing with some of his college teammates on a course. The "make up your own hole" syndrome had taken hold. They were on a 200+ yd par 3 uphill, but also with a built up tee. The guy who was calling the shot on that hole marched them off the back of the tee, down the slope to where they were looking at nothing but blue sky! That's where they played from. 

Couples hit a driver a mile in the air with about a 40 yard slice, and wound up with a makeable birdie putt! His teammates said,  "Oooooohhh, don't mess with Freddie!"

I haven’t watched much golf off a set top box in a long time and have been watching a lot of 4K content Netflix, Amazon, 4K discs. Man, this picture is looking a lot more hazy. It’s not standard definition, that would blind me, but this picture looks worse to me, you can tell when they have an older camera on the hole.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Could the pace of play have been any more glacial today? It was ridiculous! The leaders were on the course for 5 hours and couldn't finish in the time allotted by the network! Yes, they were hacking it up pretty bad, but come on! 

AD800B04-D73B-4184-8D45-8DE9904B4EDC.png.5fca8f9a6cc3749306f998f8282db3aa.pngDamn...those are some pretty significant stats there...poor Fleetwood took a beating.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

What did you think of Peter Jacobson's "it wasn't even close comment?"  It was just the opposite.  It was very close. The ball was very close to hitting the red line.  Jacobson's comment was relayed to the player by Bones and the player rightfully so couldn't understand how it couldn't be very close.  I wonder if this is going to become an issue and if it's going to be written about?  Your views if you saw this?

22 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

What did you think of Peter Jacobson's "it wasn't even close comment?"  It was just the opposite.  It was very close. The ball was very close to hitting the red line.  Jacobson's comment was relayed to the player by Bones and the player rightfully so couldn't understand how it couldn't be very close.  I wonder if this is going to become an issue and if it's going to be written about?  Your views if you saw this?

I think the “not even close” comment was about the ball not bouncing around in the grass so it might have bounced or rolled beyond the penalty area line.  Wasn’t even close in action of the ball, not in physical location.

I might have said it differently, but my take is that they wanted to communicate unequivocally that it looked like the ball didn’t bounce over the line and then roll back into the penalty area.

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

17 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Would be a nice win for Molinari. Would go a long way in proving  last summer was not just a hot stretch. 

Last summer was a hot streak, damn hot. He has 8 wins worldwide I think but he has really improved the last year. I saw an interview where he said he had added 5-6 mph with swing speed training and that was  why he said he was playing better. - still hitting it pretty straight but a club or so longer 

Stevie T

9 hours ago, Beastie said:

The leaderboard looks like a European tour event...

True, I heared an English commentator say something like ‘course setup is a bit like European style’. Don’t know if thats correct, but the Euro’s were in form at Bay Hill.

47 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

True, I heared an English commentator say something like ‘course setup is a bit like European style’. Don’t know if thats correct, but the Euro’s were in form at Bay Hill.

I think the designer of Le Golf National  must be a Bay Hill fan. Bay Hill would be a great Ryder Cup venue.

Stevie T

Are the LPGA courses setup so that the Koreans can win all the time?  Sorry, but people come up with faulty conclusions sometimes to explain a certain outcome, which is, in this case, why European players were bunched at the top.  I, for one, don't believe the course had anything to do with it.  It's nonsense.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

Are the LPGA courses setup so that the Koreans can win all the time?  Sorry, but people come up with faulty conclusions sometimes to explain a certain outcome, which is, in this case, why European players were bunched at the top.  I, for one, don't believe the course had anything to do with it.  It's nonsense.

I don't think that comparing two unlike situations makes your point stronger.

The course setup can greatly affect who plays well at certain events. Absolutely. Bay Hill was set up in such a way that Europeans were likely to play well. They were talking about it before the event began.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

What can the European players do that the American players cannot do?

Win the Ryder Cup.

Play on differently conditioned courses.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!