IGNORED

Adam Scott: Do you actually think? *Poll*

Crim
Note: This thread is 3888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should Adam Scott have an asterisk on his victories for using the belly putter?

• YES
    • NO

Originally Posted by iacas

Who voted yes?

I voted no.

I'm surprised you don't have the ability to see that as the admin. I voted no also.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Three people as of the time I made this post have voted yes. I'd like to hear from them. To me it's amazing that using a legal club is grounds for an asterisk. There is absolutely no reason to qualify these wins.

No but his putting is so-so at times. I've often wondered why he's stuck it out with the long putter as long as he has because there's really no magic in it for him.

Dave :-)

No but his putting is so-so at times. I've often wondered why he's stuck it out with the long putter as long as he has because there's really no magic in it for him.

2 club length drops? ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I remember someone saying that his putting was even worse with a short putter.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by MSchott

Three people as of the time I made this post have voted yes. I'd like to hear from them. To me it's amazing that using a legal club is grounds for an asterisk. There is absolutely no reason to qualify these wins.

I believe an asterisk should be next to his wins because the real magic is brought to the table by Stevie Williams.  He couldn't win without Stevie.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I believe an asterisk should be next to his wins because the real magic is brought to the table by Stevie Williams.  He couldn't win without Stevie.

haha maybe that's why Tiger hasn't won a major in 5 years

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I believe an asterisk should be next to his wins because the real magic is brought to the table by Stevie Williams.  He couldn't win without Stevie. ;-)

That would be an ass terisk.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

That would be an assterisk.

Yes, but what color?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Yes, but what color?

Hopefully not the colour of Miley Cyrus' assterisk covering plastic pants (or the shape of her assterisk) ;-(

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Crim

I've heard this mentioned many many times, "Adam's victories should have an asterisk behind them when his putter style gets banned."

Do people actually believe and want this? I'm pretty new to golf so I don't know what's changed over the years but I'm sure there's been some rules that have changed. Should we just put an asterisk behind everyone else's name that played under different rules?

As of right now, the belly putter is legal. That's as far as it goes with me. I am not a fan of it, I dislike watching him putt...but some people actually hate the man for using it and saying he should have an asterisk behind his wins seems a little excessive.

What say you? This isn't a do you like it or hate it poll. This is a "Do you think Adam Scott should have an asterisk by his victories" poll.

You must play with morons like I do that cry that my putter is illegal with every stroke I make - I have heard no whining against Adam Scott and do not expect to.

This poll is a little out there,

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Like others have said ... definitely not, because it's legal and because rules change all the time.

As far as why OP feels there is a negative perception toward Scott moreso than other long putter users, here is my theory:

It's because he's a superstar (as opposed to Scott McCarron or Tim Clark), and in great shape (as opposed to Carl Petterson or Kevin Stadler), therefore he doesn't have one of the accepted "excuses" for using a long putter that we were used to before they became so popular.  And, as opposed to Keegan, Webb, Ernie, Freddie, and a few others, he uses a broomstick, not a belly putter.  Belly putting strokes at least look like conventional strokes.

And lastly, his putterHEAD is just gawdawfully ugly.  A lot of people would make fun of a guy with that thing on the end of a stick, no matter the length of it.

That's my theory.  I don't subscribe to it, but I'm just guessing people who are bothered by Scott (3 in the poll apparently) feel that way.

No... I refuse to believe that it is an advantage to use long putters. It is perfectly legal for everyone to do so currently. If it were a major advatage more people would adopt that style of putting. When the rule change takes affect these players wil find another way to sink puts that they are comfortable with....Kuchar. I use a long putter because I am partial to the weight. For tournament s in the future I will use a heavier conventional putter.... until then I will not change my way. It makes the game more enjoyable to me.

yea lol... HE said it himself. I don't think there should be an asterik but I can't wait until that clown fades into obscurity in a couple years when he goes back to normal putting

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Originally Posted by Chris223

yea lol... HE said it himself. I don't think there should be an asterik but I can't wait until that clown fades into obscurity in a couple years when he goes back to normal putting

Really , how mature of you.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by Chris223

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

So, what are you going to say if he just keeps using the same putter without anchoring it?  Still a clown?  Gotta love the bravery some people show behind the obscurity of the internet.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!