IGNORED

Why Tiger is due for a great comeback!

Michael Lee
Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did he bang your wife back in '09?

[quote name="Hoganwoods" url="/t/75803/why-tiger-is-due-for-a-great-comeback#post_1020430"]I feel in my heart that it was. [/quote] Jeez, lighten up people, it's called humor. Not often I have actual lol moments.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger is approaching 40 years old with a body that may be older than that.     We've seen his inability to close on sundays on occasion, this lack of mental toughness is the most concerning thing I've personally seen in his game - which was his strength in years past.     He's over coached and tends to rely on others rather than himself to sort things out.      He's a different Tiger now - I have no doubt he'll be a world top 10 golfer for quite some time, but I am fairly certain his days of dominance are behind him...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

If he stays healthy, the odds of him winning again are pretty huge. Winning a major though is far more a guesswork. 6 years without a major is pretty much. Ignoring the majors, he had a pretty good 2013. He could win something this year, but I don't expect any majors until he's gotten his game back and started contending and winning regular events. As always, health is the key ingredient to him winning.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

The sooner golf fans and the gold world realize Tiger is not "coming back", the better off we're all going to be. His career is going to go out with a fizzle, rather than a bang- just the same as most of the greats as they approach their 40s. For years, Tiger appeared immortal and almost was, but Father Time is undefeated. My advice to the Tiger fans- move on and find another reason to care about watching the game.

Why do I feel like this thread is going to just light up like a baked forest waiting for that little spark in the middle of the summer months?

I can't think of any reason why he will.. He is coming off multiple injuries, the field isn't really scared of him anymore, he has lost most of his confidence.. Yeah.. I think he is done!

You really cannot think of any reason he will have a great comeback?  Well perhaps, if by great come\back you mean returning to the 1999-2002 level.  Will he return to dominance?  He never really left it, considering that other than Vijay in 2004 his 2013 was better than any currently active pro has ever had in their whole career in terms of PGA Tour wins.

Would he trade in 2 or 3 of those wins for a major?  Absolutely.

But the fact remains that in 2013 he won 5 times and 3 of them were in events that have some of the strongest fields in golf.  He won 3 of the top 7 stroke play events in the world.  I do not understand why some people think that while he just beat the best in the word 3 times in top notch events it is somehow impossible, now, for him to ever again beat them in a major.

The wildcard in all of this is his recovery from the back surgery.  But no one on here is Tiger's surgeon, not his physio, nor his trainer.  We really now almost nothing about his prospects.  But I remember a lot of similar comments after other difficulties claiming he would never win gain, he'd never even be able to really compete again.  And then he comes across with a season which, by his standards is sub-standard but by any other active player would be not just a career year but an historical year (look it up - how many guys have won 5 times).  That does not mean it will happen again, but there is just as much reason to think it will as to think it won't.

So if you truly can't think of any reason why he would, I wonder if you are considering those things.  Because in 2013 he was "coming off multiple injuries, the field isn't really scared him any longer and he has lost most of his confidence" and still was the most dominant guy out there.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Tiger won 5 times last year. Bubba has won 6 times in his career, 2 this year. We take him for granted.

The golf world absolutely takes him for granted. Will he ever be the dominate force of nature he was? No but expecting anybody even Tiger, to play like he once did, is crazy.

• Upvote 1
my get up and go musta got up and went..

• Administrator
We've seen his inability to close on sundays on occasion, this lack of mental toughness is the most concerning thing I've personally seen in his game - which was his strength in years past.

Tiger has - by a huge margin - the highest closing % in the history of golf for those who have had more than ten 54-hole leads. And 36-hole leads. And 18-hole leads.

So unless you mean something else, I've gotta ask… huh?

The sooner golf fans and the gold world realize Tiger is not "coming back", the better off we're all going to be.

Please define "coming back."

His career is going to go out with a fizzle, rather than a bang- just the same as most of the greats as they approach their 40s. For years, Tiger appeared immortal and almost was, but Father Time is undefeated. My advice to the Tiger fans- move on and find another reason to care about watching the game.

Phil Mickelson is 44. He just won a major. Not everyone gets old the same way.

But hey, if you want to bet against a guy with 14 majors and 75+ wins on the PGA Tour, be my guest… :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wasn't Tiger player of the year in 2013 with 5 PGA wins????

Not really sure how, one can count him out ... unless ... one has a short memory ... and a what have you done for me lately attitude ...

Sorry I am not ready to declare him dead or ready for the senior tour just yet ... I still enjoy seeing him play ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Wasn't Tiger player of the year in 2013 with 5 PGA wins????

Not really sure how, one can count him out ... unless ... one has a short memory ... and a what have you done for me lately attitude ...

Sorry I am not ready to declare him dead or ready for the senior tour just yet ... I still enjoy seeing him play ...

You don't get it do you? ;-) The shrewd golf observer can prove his "chops" (Gawd, I read that word in another thread) by saying "I  knew he wouldn't win" when he doesn't raise a major trophy. Makes 'em seem super astute and highly informed, with insight the average Joe can only dream of.

When he has a year where he wins less than 3 majors, wise site members sagely point out their learned observations that he isn't as good as he was in 2000 and is therefore an epic fail. :roll:

They will also point out the amazing and surprising facts that he is getting older and has had injuries. Heaps to learn here, eh?!! :smartass:

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Tiger has 75+ wins, 14 Majors and guys here are betting against him winning again...:doh:

Not too many betting against him winning again except the haters. But, the fact is, he will not win this week and he will not win 5 majors. I think there is sound consensus there.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Not too many betting against him winning again except the haters. But, the fact is, he will not win this week and he will not win 5 majors. I think there is sound consensus there.

A probability is not a fact.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

A probability is not a fact.

That word was used to underscore my confidence. Sun night night, one of those probabilities will become fact. I'll have to wait a few years on the other...

Tiger will win again and perhaps take another major but will not break Jack's record.  He will remain one of the best golfers for another 5-6 years but with his age and health problems I doubt he will dominate the way he did in the past.  You can criticize Tiger and even dislike him for his personal life, but he is the best golfer I have ever seen in person (never saw Jack in his prime).

I always enjoying saying this..........Haters Gonna Hate!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

He's definitely in the hunt after day 1 at The Open. Three more rounds like today , and he might just win that jug.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!