IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Listen to the way he speaks. His sentence structure isn't even remotely near the level of someone intelligent enough to run the Country. So, like, totally, definitely...those are his most used words. It's filler for children that don't really know what they're talking about. And just because he's rich (based on a small loan of a million dollars), doesn't mean he's intelligent. Business savvy and intelligence don't always go hand in hand. 

True, in fact, usually not. However, who's to say being president required a lot of intelligence, though? Remember "W"? :-D

His vocalizations are from his environment. He talks native Queens talk. Not saying everyone from Queens talks that way. I actually work with a someone from Queens with a PhD, and he's obviously more refined and intelligent.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

I live in a pretty conservative area of Georgia, and this is exactly what I'm hearing as well. 

I believe it. My parents are community movers and shakers here, personal friends with the Governor run with the pack types and word around town isn't positive. Which is fine with me I voted for Obama. I've been working the same job 25+ years and no president has ever saved me any money. My vote goes to the civil minded candidates.

Dave :-)

39 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

I believe it. My parents are community movers and shakers here, personal friends with the Governor run with the pack types and word around town isn't positive. Which is fine with me I voted for Obama. I've been working the same job 25+ years and no president has ever saved me any money. My vote goes to the civil minded candidates.

There's some truth to this. . .however, I think Trump is attacking the "civil issues" in a more traditional Republican manner. By improving the overall economy.

Trump is trying to make trade relations with China more equitable for everyone. China is actually in a position to say yes to some of his thoughts outlined in his positions. Chinese want to buy American goods, and they want to buy it en mass because they trust American laws to protect their investments in American made goods. Just dump the hefty tariffs on imports to China, make them smaller tariffs.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

He's more likely to negotiate with China and other nations in a more business friendly manner than any of the career politicians.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I beg to differ.

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

I can probably stop there, I think you get the point. :beer:

lol

Is our children learning may be my all-time favorite.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

1 minute ago, Slice of Life said:

lol

Is our children learning may be my all-time favorite.

The saddest part is that he had it right and then switched it:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I dunno, sounds like he may have just fumbled and said "our" first...not "are". haha

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

12 minutes ago, phan52 said:

I'll take him on any day.

trump handicap.jpg

Same here.  I've seen his swing ... I ain't buying that 'cap for a second.  I'd buy that he's a 9 or 10 maybe, but he's no 3, and he certainly was never a +2.6.  That is laughable.

34 minutes ago, jamo said:

The saddest part is that he had it right and then switched it:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

17 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Same here.  I've seen his swing ... I ain't buying that 'cap for a second.  I'd buy that he's a 9 or 10 maybe, but he's no 3, and he certainly was never a +2.6.  That is laughable.

Hank agrees with you, but did say he has a lot of club head speed and putts really well.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

19 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Hank agrees with you, but did say he has a lot of club head speed and putts really well.

Hank was kind about the Donald's putting. What he said between the lines is that he'd never teach that stroke, but it works for the Donald. Hank is not going to piss off the Donald.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

33 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Hank was kind about the Donald's putting. What he said between the lines is that he'd never teach that stroke, but it works for the Donald. Hank is not going to piss off the Donald.

I just think he won so much at golf, he got tired of winning. He just couldn't take it anymore.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

I just think he won so much at golf, he got tired of winning. He just couldn't take it anymore

Sort of like the N Korean Leader who shot a 34 for 18 holes... winning.

in 1994, ".. [His N Korean guide]  proceeded to take Ellis [Aussie reporter visiting N Korea] around the course, hole-by-hole, to show him how well Kim Jong-il had played. The first hole was a 374-yard par 4. "Dear Leader Comrade General Kim Jong-il, who I respect from the bottom of my heart, scored two on this hole," Park said. And it went on from there. The worst Kim scored on any hole was a birdie. He finished with a 34.

And, the famous kicker: Kim had five holes-in-one.

"He's an excellent golfer," Park said.

Donald makes no such claims, he only shoots par occasionally... so he's got that going for him.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

His handicap should be a warning to all. Guy owns golf courses and has only posted a dozen or so scores in six years. Bogus handicap is white lie territory but still dishonest. 

Dave :-)

I'm starting to think Ted Cruz is the more dangerous of the two. The guy is a zealot, and that is dangerous territory. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

6 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

I'm starting to think Ted Cruz is the more dangerous of the two. The guy is a zealot, and that is dangerous territory. 

Correct, and a phony. He doesn't act "Christian" in his deeds. His base is not sufficient for a real run -- polling indicates his following is limited to the extreme right and evangelicals. But never underestimate the power of the sheep.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

33 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

I agree, in my social and business circles most dislike Cruz and distrust Trump.  Trump has a public record of being fairly liberal and open to making compromises to the Constitution, especially the 2A.  While Trump says outrageous things and sounds like a hard right Republican people question if he's really changed or just a Trojan Horse.

Cruz on the other hand has been pretty consistent (besides questionable positions on open borders) but no one seems to like him.  He's the guy that no one wants to hang out with or admit he's their friend.

I was leaning towards Rand Paul but Paul suspended his campaign so I'm not sure who's getting my vote, not that it matters given NY will be a landslide for Clinton or Bernie.  I expect after NH that Christie, Fiorina and possibly Jeb will suspend their campaigns leaving Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Carson and Kasich. 

Joe Paradiso

trumphasnochancepeoplejeez.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 2957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!