IGNORED

Trump Makes Up Civil War Battle for Golf Course

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/details-details-donald-trump-has-plaque-at-his-golf-course-commemorating-civil-war-battle-that-never-happened

It seems that Trump likes to lie even on his golf courses. One of his golf courses has a sign claiming a Civil War battle occurred there that never happened. 

The sign says, 

“Many great American soldiers, both of the North and South, died at this spot. The casualties were so great that the water would turn red and thus became known as ‘The River of Blood.’ It is my great honor to have preserved this important section of the Potomac River!”

Historians have confirmed that no such battle happened there. The closest thing would be 11 miles upriver. When pressed about it Trump is quoted in saying this, 

"How would they know," he told the Times. "Were they there?"  :doh::doh::doh::doh:

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hang on, this is supposed to be the same man who made millions, if not more, through his "business acumin" and he cant even do a little research to get his facts right. He is a grade A numpty!

And what a rubbish answer he gave, what next?, "Hitler was an evil man", "how do you know did you meet him?"

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

51 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/details-details-donald-trump-has-plaque-at-his-golf-course-commemorating-civil-war-battle-that-never-happened

It seems that Trump likes to lie even on his golf courses. One of his golf courses has a sign claiming a Civil War battle occurred there that never happened. 

The sign says, 

“Many great American soldiers, both of the North and South, died at this spot. The casualties were so great that the water would turn red and thus became known as ‘The River of Blood.’ It is my great honor to have preserved this important section of the Potomac River!”

Historians have confirmed that no such battle happened there. The closest thing would be 11 miles upriver. When pressed about it Trump is quoted in saying this, 

"How would they know," he told the Times. "Were they there?"  :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Now, that crossed the line.   In politics, lies may be ok.   This is golf!  

( That explains how he said he saw thousands and thousands of people cheering in New Jersey streets after 9/11.  There is no proof against his claim.  Therefore, it happened. )

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

I bet there were Native Indians on the other side of the Potomac cheering from rooftops.

Now this is some funny chit.

Dave :-)

He has to be intentionally sabotaging his candidacy.  That is all I can think of, I guess if I had that much money and had been a tv parrot jackwagon as well saying You're Fired, have married more beautiful women than can shake a stick at based on all my awesomeness and had that kind of money I might get my kicks by doing the things he is doing as well.  Nope, actually not because a lot of what comes out of his mouth is disgusting.  

If it was an actual famous battle site, wouldn't it be a designated national landmark? Can the property it is on be purchased by the public?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yep, Trump stepped across the veritable line in the sand... In politics, lies are expected and vetted. But golf?  Mr. Trump, have you no shame, sir?

Apparently not. (lol)

From the Daily Beast:

Gettysburg has its “Valley of Death,” Antietam has its “Bloody Lane,” and Perryville has its “Slaughter Pen”—all places where Americans killed one another for four years during the Civil War. Today, we can add to that list, Donald Trump’s “River of Blood.” (Would that be the Rio Grande and a River of Immigrants?)

No date is given on the marker as to when this engagement took place. No military units or commanding officers are identified because, according to local historians, there is no evidence that anyone was killed in military combat at this spot during the Civil War.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Well there is a poll where 58% of Americans self-identify as a bunch of losers and morons. That's how he got away with that remark. And now he'll get away with this one, too.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

14 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

He has to be intentionally sabotaging his candidacy.  That is all I can think of, I guess if I had that much money and had been a tv parrot jackwagon as well saying You're Fired, have married more beautiful women than can shake a stick at based on all my awesomeness and had that kind of money I might get my kicks by doing the things he is doing as well.  Nope, actually not because a lot of what comes out of his mouth is disgusting.  

Me, too.  He probably never thought it would get this far.  He probably thought he'd have a few laughs, go to some parties, make some business contacts, set-up the next reality tv series and be hitting golf balls from the deck of his yacht into the blowholes of rare, endangered whale species that he pays local children to coax into underwater pens (I bet that's what he does) months ago.   

16 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

If it isn't fictional battlefields, Trump now has a terrorism detector. Where does he hide it? Apparently, he can feel terrorism before it occurs with some of his latest quotes.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

4 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

If it isn't fictional battlefields, Trump now has a terrorism detector. Where does he hide it? Apparently, he can feel terrorism before it occurs with some of his latest quotes.

So he is a bit like the worlds most rubbish super hero..."There must be a terror alert somewhere, my Bulls**t sense is tingling", however the only person he is interested in protecting is himself

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

If he can advertise this course as being in Washington DC, when its actually 10 miles away in Virginia, I don't see any reason that he can't fabricate a Civil War battle.  As Andre Agassi told us decades ago, Image is Everything!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

We've all been super-trolled. Trump is the world's greatest comedian and we're the joke.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

36 minutes ago, billchao said:

We've all been super-trolled. Trump is the world's greatest comedian and we're the joke.

You give him too much credit for his own audacity.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

If he can advertise this course as being in Washington DC, when its actually 10 miles away in Virginia, I don't see any reason that he can't fabricate a Civil War battle.  As Andre Agassi told us decades ago, Image is Everything!

Because its fraudulent. If a golf course is the product people want. Then adding somethings like this to enhance by lying iis fraud. It's like giving a clunker a lot of detail work and saying its a good car when the engine is crap. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

You give him too much credit for his own audacity.

Because its fraudulent. If a golf course is the product people want. Then adding somethings like this to enhance by lying iis fraud. It's like giving a clunker a lot of detail work and saying its a good car when the engine is crap. 

What if he said that George Washington played golf there!? :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

57 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

What if he said that George Washington played golf there!? :-P

He saw it himself, despite historical evidence to the contrary!

Note: This thread is 3062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!