IGNORED

Excuses Why You Have To Go Play Golf

Club Rat
Note: This thread is 3038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ever need an excuse to getaway for a day on the course? It's a beautiful day, your stuck at work or home, feeling the need to go play. What reason could you tell your boss, or your spouse, or anyone if it matters. Maybe you just need an excuse to "Go Play"

Here's my excuse, I golf every day that ends in a 'y’.

What yours?

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To wife:  I think I figured something out honey.. I really need to go test it out, it might be a break through.

To boss:  Hey want to go get 9 in real quick?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I need some alone time....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

If I don't play, I'll lose my membership. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

I'm lucky - my wife really gets me.  She knows that if I don't get to spend at least a little time doing things like golf or fishing, I get pretty grumpy/depressed.  It totally happens, too . .it's not even an excuse.  I'm also lucky in that I'm self employed . .but, honestly, I don't let myself play hooky as much as some other bosses I've had, lol.

In the last couple of years, I haven't had time to do more than take a handful of lessons and practice at the range but my youngest is 2 and a half now and starting to be a bit less needy . .so my golfing future is looking bright.  6 rounds in 2016!

Edited by Rainmaker

Actually the only excuse I use or need to go golf is for health reasons. (exercise) Plus at this point in my life I can do just about anything I want, when I want.  :banana:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

It's not raining today.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

My excuse at work - I am taking 1/2 day off.    After 12/31/15 this year, no more excuses.  I quit (my job that is).

My excuse at home - Honey, let's go.   It's time.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I am lucky in that I don't need any excuse to play. However, stupid deadlines gets in my way sometimes. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Keep them coming.  I've been negligent in my golf playing the past two months and I need to force myself out there... need to find an excuse that works :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

This is not an excuse in m opinion but a legit reason, and I have even my wife convinced.. A mind-body involved activity can keep brain regressive disorders/diseases at later stages in life at bay. Now she actually encourages me to get out there if I haven't been out in a couple of weeks...  god forbid if my brain regresses even more.

Really, get out there and keep your brain fluffed and spruced.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎38‎:‎01‎, possumkiwi said:

If I don't play, how am I supposed to get any worse?

Ha ha.. True dat..

20 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

My excuse at work - I am taking 1/2 day off.    After 12/31/15 this year, no more excuses.  I quit (my job that is).

My excuse at home - Honey, let's go.   It's time.  

Stop rubbing it in...:angry:.......:-D

Vishal S.

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/30/2015 at 7:26 PM, Patch said:

Actually the only excuse I use or need to go golf is for health reasons. (exercise) Plus at this point in my life I can do just about anything I want, when I want.  :banana:

Luckily, just like Patch, I don't need an excuse.  I just go play when I want to play.  :beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 3038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!