IGNORED

Titleist New NXT Tour, Tour S and Velocity Balls

Note: This thread is 3006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From: http://www.golf.com/equipment/titleist-introduces-nxt-tour-nxt-tour-s-and-velocity-golf-balls

Titleist Introduces NXT Tour, NXT Tour S and Velocity Golf Balls

by Rob Sauerhaft

There's an art and a science to product introductions. In Titleist's case, new versions of the industry's top-selling golf balls, Pro V1 and Pro V1x, debuted in 2015, 2013, 2011 and so on. By contrast, the company launches the newest NXT family and Velocity balls in "even-numbered" years (2016, 2014). And, with that, we bring you the reengineered NXT Tour, which offers a viable option for players who want performance at a more affordable price than, say, the Pro V1 or Pro V1x.

The ball's engine consists of a dual core -- a soft inner one that's 66% larger by volume than the previous (2014) model, plus a firm outer core. The payoff is less spin on full shots, for longer distance. In addition, the same soft Fusablend cover as before helps generate similar spin and feel on scoring shots.

Whereas the NXT Tour is longer than the previous version, the new NXT Tour S is built to feel softer than the model it replaces: The ball has a softer, lower-compression core plus a softer Fusablend cover. In company testing, the ball is also longer off the driver, hybrids and irons because of less spin and a lower flight.

The two new models are clearly differentiated, making it easy to select the appropriate one for your desired feel and trajectory. Expect the NXT Tour (comes in white only) to go farther off the driver and fly higher than the softer-feeling NXT Tour S (available in white or yellow). Both models run $35 per dozen.

56aa0da86be3e_new-titleist-golf-balls-2_

With the new Titleist Velocity ball, Titleist's distance machine is reengineered to be longer than ever. It starts with its largest, fastest core yet to boost ball speed. The powerful core is also slightly softer than in the previous version, and it combines with a thinner cover to give the new Velocity a more refined feel and sound.

But that's not all: Expect shots into the green to launch high with a steep angle of descent, for more stopping power. You can get a dozen with standard numbers (1, 2, 3, 4) or double-digit numbers (00, 22, 77, 99). $27 per dozen.

new-titleist-golf-balls_960.jpg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

wtf why would anyone spend $35 for a box of NXTs instead of just spending a little more for the ProV?

or for half the price, get the Gamer V2 which is a better ball.

sorry @boogielicious, i didnt mean to poop in your thread.  i just dont think the NXT is a ball that deserves that price.

Colin P.

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

wtf why would anyone spend $35 for a box of NXTs instead of just spending a little more for the ProV?

sorry @boogielicious, i didnt mean to poop in your thread.  i just dont think the NXT is a ball that deserves that price.

Threadpooper! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Threadpooper! :-P

The price causes one to run to the pooper! :-) The Snell Get Sum is about $15/dz when you buy 3 dz, $21 for a dozen out the door.

Titleist has improved the NXT Balls over the years -12 years ago, I thought it had a high price and small performance. At least they have upped the performance (and price). They send me a sleeve to test every 2 years but do not send me the email for feedback... they must know me....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I used to buy pre-owned NXT Tours and thought they were a good value at that price, new they seem a bit over priced.  At the same price as the NXT Tours I prefer the Chrome Soft but I've recently been playing pre-owned 2014 Pro V1's and I do notice a difference around the green between them and less expensive balls.

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

I used to buy pre-owned NXT Tours and thought they were a good value at that price, new they seem a bit over priced.  At the same price as the NXT Tours I prefer the Chrome Soft but I've recently been playing pre-owned 2014 Pro V1's and I do notice a difference around the green between them and less expensive balls.

You may know the best time to purchase ProV1 or V1x is in the spring -- get 4 for the price of 3 with free initials and choice of ball numbers. Last year I bought 4 dz for $140. Look for it around March 1.

The new Chrome Soft is supposedly slightly firmer with more spin around the greens.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I love the NXT Tour S and it's the only ball I use. I really like the soft feel. I use mostly the yellow version and I think it's the nicest shade of yellow out there (other brands the yellow balls are too greenish)

NXT Tour does fly longer but to me feels too hard off the face.

I've tried Pro V1 and Pro V1s and I just don't like the feel. Can't exactly say why.  It may be a mental thing.

On January 28, 2016 at 8:59 AM, colin007 said:

AMEN!!! Titleist low and mid range balls are severely overpriced and out performed by nearly every competitor imho!

NXT Tour & Tour S balls are one of my favorites.  $35 is suggested retail price.   I am sure I can get the new ones for less.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I've always been curious about the NXT Tour and I know the better women players in my club play them. I still have one dozen brand new Callaway Hex Chrome+, and three dozen brand new Callaway SR1 that need to get used before I get any more balls, though.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

23 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

I've always been curious about the NXT Tour and I know the better women players in my club play them. I still have one dozen brand new Callaway Hex Chrome+, and three dozen brand new Callaway SR1 that need to get used before I get any more balls, though.

I think you'll like those SR1s.  I've played the SR3 in the warmer weather and the SR2 in the cooler weather and they are nice.  Phil's ball before he sold out the Chrome Soft.  Don't like the Chrome Soft.

Not a big fan of any Titleist balls.  The Pro V1 and V1x are good balls.  Just don't like the feel.  I find a lot of them.  I use them for water balls.  I like the feel of the NXT Tour S.  I really like the yellow color as well.  Don't like the lack of spin around the green or on approach shots in general.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

On February 1, 2016 at 11:18 PM, DrvFrShow said:

I played the SR1 - nice ball with excellent spin on partial and finesse shots around the green.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

The bought the SR1 on the recommendation of a pro who had seen the type of approach shots I like to hit, and the fact I hit a lot of partial wedge shots in the 30 - 50 yd range.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On 1/28/2016 at 9:59 AM, colin007 said:

I would much rather play an NXT than a pro-V. The NXT's always just groove well with my game, where Pro V's don't.
I also don't really have to purchase them, as I get them mostly found as feral on a local course!
I think too many people play Pro-V's when they should not be!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Note: This thread is 3006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!