Sign in to follow this  
Pretzel

What's The Longest Par 3 You've Played?

42 posts / 2244 viewsLast Reply

After a spring break trip to a Mexican hotel with a par 3 course, I started wondering what the longest par 3 people have played was. The hole marker that prompted this question can be seen below.

20190328_152442.jpg

276 yards was definitely the longest I've ever encountered!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play a par 3 that's 236 on the card. With the hole location back, it can get to almost 250. It's a really tough hole, and I'm happy to make a bogey on it every time.

The one I readily remember was around 260 yards from the middle tees. 

The reason I remember it, is because the first 220 yards is over a water hazard. 

I use my driver......lol

My home's executive course, Kittyhawk GC's Falcon course, has some brutes than include the longest par 3 I've ever played. That hole is the 259-yard No. 11.

Tee box is not elevated, so it plays every bit of it. OB is on the left. There's a big tree that sits in the left rough about 40 yards from the green and bunkers on the left and right sides of the green. At least the green is relatively flat. I don't think I've ever been closer than 10 yards from the putting surface after a drive.

Four is more than fine every time.

Edited by mcanadiens

220 yards from the tees I played.  These days that would be a full driver for me.  Back then it was a 5 wood.

There's a goat-track muni near Boston called Leo J Martin Memorial Golf Course that has a 250-yard par-3. It's extremely out of place - the course isn't long otherwise. The weird thing about the hole is that it could have very easily been shorter. To make it that long the tee box is shoved way back near this weaving cart path that zig-zags up a wooded rock wall adjacent to the Charles River. 

The hole itself is dead straight to a circular green with a lone greenside bunker short and right that gets a lot of action from people slicing their driver. 

22 minutes ago, jamo said:

Leo J Martin Memorial Golf Course

Leo J.Martin!!!!!  We are going to play there together some day.  Count on it! (I will play it like a par 4  ;-))

Edited by bkuehn1952

I have never played one north of 250. The 10th at Heron Lakes Golf Course in Houston is a 240+ yard par 3 with water on the left and tree right and long. The crazy thing about this course? It is a 5000 yard executive course! Another crazy thing? It used to be the first hole until they recently flipped the nines!

The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards # 17. 250, over water. Short, long, or right is wet. 

Forest Hills in Augusta, #7 from the Jaguar tees, 247. It’s all the par 3 you could want.

Almost forgot one. Number 10 at Mountainaire in North Carolina. Very private course. 235 yards. It plays like 140. Yes, it is that much down hill. A punch 9 is middle/back of the green. 

9 hours ago, jamo said:

There's a goat-track muni near Boston called Leo J Martin Memorial Golf Course that has a 250-yard par-3. It's extremely out of place - the course isn't long otherwise. The weird thing about the hole is that it could have very easily been shorter. To make it that long the tee box is shoved way back near this weaving cart path that zig-zags up a wooded rock wall adjacent to the Charles River. 

The hole itself is dead straight to a circular green with a lone greenside bunker short and right that gets a lot of action from people slicing their driver. 

OK, now I have to play it. Of course I can't make the green without a tailwind even with driver.

220 from the white tees which used to be 4 wood 20 years ago.  Today at 67 I would be short with my driver.  What is amazing is that the course was built in 1929 and has at least 6 par 4’s well over 400 yards, a monster par 5, and the par 3 mentioned above.  Try that with hickory shafts!

9 hours ago, LMoore said:

The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards # 17. 250, over water. Short, long, or right is wet. 

Forest Hills in Augusta, #7 from the Jaguar tees, 247. It’s all the par 3 you could want.

Almost forgot one. Number 10 at Mountainaire in North Carolina. Very private course. 235 yards. It plays like 140. Yes, it is that much down hill. A punch 9 is middle/back of the green. 

I've played that one!

11 hours ago, jamo said:

There's a goat-track muni near Boston called Leo J Martin Memorial Golf Course that has a 250-yard par-3. It's extremely out of place - the course isn't long otherwise.

Not quite as long but I know what you mean.  I played a 210 yard par 3 on a course that has a 230 yard par 4...

Raccoon Run in Myrtle Beach. (before it closed) there were 2(!) Par 3's on the back at around 250-260 from tips (220-240 from Whites), with at least one being all carry over water. Even the White tees were 6800+ with the Blues at 7400. At that time in the early 80's through the early 90's, I think it was one of the longest in the Southeast. However, it was a fast and firm course so roll was a big factor. Wind was another- #10 was a 600yd plus Par 5. I remember hitting Driver, Driver off the deck, 3 wood into the wind and still came up 100 yards short.