IGNORED

Ridiculous Question from a Tiger Hater

Tusher
Note: This thread is 1843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is there a penalty at The Masters for disrespecting the course (shouldn’t there be?)?

Tiger was in plain view on the 13th tee (I believe) when he took his gum out of his mouth and chucked it in the bush (presumably as we didn’t get to see where it went). 

Pretty darn disrespectful to the course, the tournament, the patrons the other players and everyone involved.

Regards,

Tusher

• iacas changed the title to Ridiculous Question from a Tiger Hater

Gum is biodegradable so it’s not littering. That gum will help the Azaleas bloom.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, Tusher said:

Is there a penalty at The Masters for disrespecting the course (shouldn’t there be?)?

Tiger was in plain view on the 13th tee (I believe) when he took his gum out of his mouth and chucked it in the bush (presumably as we didn’t get to see where it went). 

Pretty darn disrespectful to the course, the tournament, the patrons the other players and everyone involved.

Regards,

Tusher

Your post.

Regards,

@colin007

tenor (2).gif

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

Actually, it caught my attention simply b/c the camera was on him. My only passing thought was, "Hey, that's something I would do..."

He threw it back into the bushes. No one would ever notice it was there. Not sure how that's "disrespecting" the course. 

I suppose you could always go down to Georgia and ask the bushes at Augusta National if their feelings were hurt. 😜

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tusher said:

Regards,

Tusher

Helluva intro.4A40BE1A-092F-4B3E-9E9E-453F88074F87.gif.fa948a4b047f335eba3e9b865a51af87.gif

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I like the self-awareness that you realized your question was ridiculous.  Which just makes it that much more puzzling.  If you knew it was ridiculous why post it?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, turtleback said:

I like the self-awareness that you realized your question was ridiculous.  Which just makes it that much more puzzling.  If you knew it was ridiculous why post it?

No, @turtleback, I renamed the topic. I think it was originally "2019 Masters Question."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good grief.

Everyone knows my feelings about Tiger, but REALLY?!

:doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

37 minutes ago, iacas said:

No, @turtleback, I renamed the topic. I think it was originally "2019 Masters Question."

So I gave him too much credit on that whole self awareness thing?  🤷‍♂️

Edited by turtleback

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 minute ago, turtleback said:

So I gave him too much credit on that whole self awareness thing?  🤷‍♂️

Some people really give us honest haters a bad name!  ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

That gum might be worth some serious coin...if you could prove it was genuine.

• Thumbs Up 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

16 minutes ago, Piz said:

That gum might be worth some serious coin...if you could prove it was genuine.

Be a breeze nowadays with DNA testing. Wonder if there's some treasure hunters already on a quest around the 13th tee?

Not sure why my first couple of attempts didn’t go through, sorry if they did somewhere. I’m just not seeing them.  

Not it a Tiger hater. 

He has done so much for the game and will probably go down as the greatest golfer of all time.  What’s to hate?

Don't know what trolling is.

I thought this site had more insightful members.

How do I change the title back?

So of the comments I read, I do agree that most people would do something similar, but then again we are not playing for the same stakes (or keeping the same rigour in counting strokes).  

As far as the comment about it doesn’t matter because nobody saw it anyway....wow.  So it would be ok for him to give it the old ‘handwedge’ from the other side of the bushes because nobody else could see over there?  Integrity.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Tusher said:

I thought this site had more insightful members.

The members here are plenty insightful.

How do I change the title back?

You can't. Your original title was horrible. "2019 Masters Question"? C'mon.

So of the comments I read, I do agree that most people would do something similar, but then again we are not playing for the same stakes (or keeping the same rigour in counting strokes).

Let me answer your question, silly as it is:

• It's not "disrespecting the course" to throw your gum into a bush.
  • It's not a penalty of any kind.

As far as the comment about it doesn’t matter because nobody saw it anyway....wow.  So it would be ok for him to give it the old ‘handwedge’ from the other side of the bushes because nobody else could see over there?  Integrity.

Not even remotely the same thing at all.

Your question is simply ridiculous.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

The members here are plenty insightful.

You can't. Your original title was horrible. "2019 Masters Question"? C'mon.

Let me answer your question, silly as it is:

• It's not "disrespecting the course" to throw your gum into a bush.
  • It's not a penalty of any kind.

Not even remotely the same thing at all.

Your question is simply ridiculous.

I’d like to bring you back to a time when a player put down a towel because he had to play his ball from under a tree and didn’t want to get his pants dirty.  I believe he was disqualified because he didn’t realize that the towel meant he ‘improved’ his lie and signed an incorrect card.

Basically.....rules are rules and I was just curious. There are so many outdated and odd rules.  Not everyone is aware of every rule and this could have been one ....

You seriously don’t think that littering is disrespecting the course?  I think you are just pulling my leg now.  What do you think would happen if a member at Augusta National threw a wad of napkins (don’t worry, they’re biodegradable) on the first tee?  My guess is that you would feel that wouldn’t be acceptable because it’s in plain sight.  

Sounds like optics are more important than integrity. 

Note: This thread is 1843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!