IGNORED

Stand Bag - How Many Dividers

Note: This thread is 820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

IMO -- whether it's a stand bag or a cart bag the whole point of dividers is lost if the partitions don't go all the way down to the bottom. This is especially true if you want one compartment for each club which should theoretically keep the grips and shafts from rubbing against each other. I've seen bags with any number of sections, from 3 all the way up to 15 but a lot of bags only have separation in the top few inches.

Edited by xrayvizhen

9 hours ago, colin007 said:

How does this happen??? How does someone look down and not see the difference in length and loft? I've heard of it happening before, but I honestly have difficulty believing it. 

A friend of mine and I took a golf trip back in summer 2007 shortly after I first broke 100.  He was a long hitter and asked me to get his 6-iron for a short par-4.  I accidentally grabbed the 9 and instead of hitting 6-iron wedge, he hit 9-iron 8-iron to the green.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought a cart bag with 14-way dividers, and I really like it (actually, it has 15...which is weird, and I have no clue why but I just don't use one).

If I were going to carry, I'd probably go with a lightweight bag that has fewer, but since I generally use a push-cart I like the extra organization.

No matter how many, you should make sure you get something where the dividers go all the way to the bottom of the bag.

22 hours ago, colin007 said:

How does this happen??? How does someone look down and not see the difference in length and loft? I've heard of it happening before, but I honestly have difficulty believing it. 

We do look down. But we wear bifocals normally but not when we are playing. So our old eyes just see 9 or 6 or some blurring blob that looks like an Arabic number. Plus we are older and sometimes do dumb sh*t. :-P

15 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

I bought a cart bag with 14-way dividers, and I really like it (actually, it has 15...which is weird, and I have no clue why but I just don't use one).

If I were going to carry, I'd probably go with a lightweight bag that has fewer, but since I generally use a push-cart I like the extra organization.

No matter how many, you should make sure you get something where the dividers go all the way to the bottom of the bag.

The 15th is for the wet ball extendo-grabber thingie perhaps.  Or umbrella.  Now I want a 15th.

FWIW, I bought the 14 divider Maxfli bag I referenced upthread for $85.  Damn thing didn't knock a single stroke off my score, but it will adequately hold and organize my clubs whether I walk or ride.

2 hours ago, The Flush said:

FWIW, I bought the 14 divider Maxfli bag I referenced upthread for $85.  Damn thing didn't knock a single stroke off my score, but it will adequately hold and organize my clubs whether I walk or ride.

I like that.  It's like being happy with the phone I purchased because it allows me to talk to people in other areas.  But upset that it doesn't make cole slaw...

I almost always use a push cart, so weight isn't an issue. But, I have a 14-way dividers now and I don't think I could ever go back to anything else.

I always know exactly where every club is, and it makes it really easy to see if any are missing, which can be an issue for someone with a forgetful mind like mine.

First bag has 5 dividers (now stores some older non-used clubs), second one has 14 (also holding not in use clubs) and current one is a Callaway and has 7.  In all honesty, don't think it really changed my game.  I have the current one set up - driver and putter each have their own, 3w & 5w share a cubby, 4h on its own, 6i & 7i share, 8i & 9i share with the PW, GW and SW all sharing.  It makes it quick and easy to get to the club of choice and the weight is not bad.  However, I am a heathen cart-rider - mostly due to the fact my left foot is missing everything from the toes forward due to a motorcycle accident in '16 and it does not like walking long distances any more.  

I have a question about the 2019 Titelist 14 divider hybrid stand bag.  I am interested in purchasing. But one of the reviewers mentions only 4 of the dividers go all the way to the bottom.  What does that mean for loading 14 clubs?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 9:56 PM, SemperFi said:

I have a question about the 2019 Titelist 14 divider hybrid stand bag.  I am interested in purchasing. But one of the reviewers mentions only 4 of the dividers go all the way to the bottom.  What does that mean for loading 14 clubs?  

I don’t have that bag but it just means the grips can get tangled on the clubs that aren’t in the sections with full dividers. I have (2) 14 way bags (cart and stand) and neither have the full dividers...it can be annoying at times. I might get a 5 way bag next when I feel like getting a new one with my home club’s logo on it.

Note: This thread is 820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!