IGNORED

Stand Bag - How Many Dividers

Note: This thread is 1734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want to get a stand bag and wonder how many dividers are the most practical.  My current cart bag has 14 dividers, but they are not lined up in rows and can make it hard to find the club I am looking for. Some of the new bags I have looked at with 14 dividers look like they will keep my clubs more organized because of they way they are lined up, but I can't tell if I will like it or not until I get my clubs in the bag.  Or should I look at  bags with only 5/6/7 dividers instead?  What works best on the course?

I am considering this Maxfli 2019 Honors Plus Golf Stand Bag which is on sale for $85 right now.

spacer.png

Edited by The Flush
Add picture

War Eagle!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My favorite top-level organization I saw was in my old Ogio cart bag.  There were four one-club pieces on the left hand side, and three wells for multiple clubs, plus a spot for the putter.  If I had that bag today, the left side would be driver, 4W, 3H, 4H, and then the wells would be 5-6-7, 8-9-W, wedges.

I think they have the same organization for a stand bag. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Dividers add weight, so if you're looking to carry… fewer is better.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, The Flush said:

can make it hard to find the club I am looking for. 

Really? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, Shindig said:

My favorite top-level organization I saw was in my old Ogio cart bag.  There were four one-club pieces on the left hand side, and three wells for multiple clubs, plus a spot for the putter.  If I had that bag today, the left side would be driver, 4W, 3H, 4H, and then the wells would be 5-6-7, 8-9-W, wedges.

I think they have the same organization for a stand bag. 

I used to use an Ogio with that divider - the Woode system. I liked it a lot, but I don't think they use it anymore.

Currently I use the Ping Hoofer we got at the 2015 Newport Cup, which I like a lot. It has two dividers on the top (one has my driver and putter, the other my fairway wood and hybrid), two middle dividers (3-4-5 and 6-7-8) and one at the bottom (9-PW-SW-LW). That's been working pretty well.

At one point I had a bag with a four-way divider. That was useable but got a little annoying. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I really like 14-way dividers. This way my clubs are exactly where I expect them to be when I want to pull them (I'm the same way with my tool bag). I use a Sun Mountain C130s bag.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, billchao said:

I really like 14-way dividers. This way my clubs are exactly where I expect them to be when I want to pull them (I'm the same way with my tool bag). I use a Sun Mountain C130s bag.

This works really well except for when you buy a really nice Mizuno bag for your wife and set up with all the clubs in easy to find locations but at the end of the round they are all over the place including having multiple clubs in one slot and none in the others and the clubs are filthy because she doesn’t clean them even though I got her a really nice club cleaning towel and brush. This doesn’t bother me MUCH!😜

I like 14 way dividers too, but I use a push cart so weight is not much of an issue. I do have another carry bag with 6 dividers and it works pretty well too.

• Like 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

This works really well except for when you buy a really nice Mizuno bag for your wife and set up with all the clubs in easy to find locations but at the end of the round they are all over the place including having multiple clubs in one slot and none in the others and the clubs are filthy because she doesn’t clean them even though I got her a really nice club cleaning towel and brush. This doesn’t bother me MUCH!😜

Couples counseling! 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

55 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Couples counseling! 

I’m just her caddie.😀

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

19 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I like this! How hard is it to look for a number?! Jesus! How spoiled have we become? 

Made me laugh.  An attorney friend (attention to detail, right?) pulls his 6 iron on the short par 4 #15 at our club, to lay up short of the water and still have a wedge in.  Invariably he hits a shot high and short and then realizes he's pulled his 9 iron!  Great guy but that iron selection kills him there.  Had to say that in case he's reading this.

10 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Hope she tips well.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

My current bag has a 5-way divider and my previous bag had a 6-way divider.  I think these are more than enough.  I understand people who want 14-way dividers, but 3 to 4 clubs max in a divider is simple enough.  For me weight is not an issue as I use a trolley or a caddie.  I have literally never carried my own bag.  One of the advantages of cheaper labour I guess

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

On 5/25/2019 at 5:00 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Made me laugh.  An attorney friend (attention to detail, right?) pulls his 6 iron on the short par 4 #15 at our club, to lay up short of the water and still have a wedge in.  Invariably he hits a shot high and short and then realizes he's pulled his 9 iron!  Great guy but that iron selection kills him there.  Had to say that in case he's reading this.

How does this happen??? How does someone look down and not see the difference in length and loft? I've heard of it happening before, but I honestly have difficulty believing it. 

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

How does this happen??? How does someone look down and not see the difference in length and loft? I've heard of it happening before, but I honestly have difficulty believing it. 

Oh, but it is true. Personally, I don't think I could make that mistake, unless I hadn't checked the number and it was one club off. But for John it is a 3 club loft difference and probably an inch and a half shaft length. But it happens to him.  In the field of law John is very discerning. Not so much on the golf course.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Note: This thread is 1734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!