IGNORED

Brooks Koepka

JodieMudd
Note: This thread is 1780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

49 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

Yes i agree he was 'half' joking with the firing comment but that is Brooks allover, try's to act like he ain't really bothered when clearly he is.....

So what. Clearly it fuels his drive to be the best. A lot of athletes have a chip on their shoulder. They need to or the drive might go away.

What ever, this whole thing is a non-issue.

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, gjunkie57 said:

Its hard for me to dislike someone who just goes about his business and doesnt bother anyone. He is frank, talented and probably the best golfer in the world right now.  He gets my respect and I watch him as much as I can.  

FOX omitting him from the promo was just careless and lazy and someone should be held responsible.  

FOX missing the opportunity to use Koepka to promo the Open is totally careless, my jaw is still open on this.  I mean sheesh...  maybe it points to the fact that FOX is not ready to broadcast major golf tourneys, maybe this is a sign that the telecast and commentary will be mediocre???   I mean has FOX ever done a great job yet?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Big Duffer said:

FOX missing the opportunity to use Koepka to promo the Open is totally careless, my jaw is still open on this.  I mean sheesh...  maybe it points to the fact that FOX is not ready to broadcast major golf tourneys, maybe this is a sign that the telecast and commentary will be mediocre???   I mean has FOX ever done a great job yet?

The broadcast a few weeks ago for the U.S. Women's Open was quite great.  It made me optimistic for the Open that starts tomorrow. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

The broadcast a few weeks ago for the U.S. Women's Open was quite great.  It made me optimistic for the Open that starts tomorrow. 

It's come a long way since the Greg Norman experiment as analyst. Still not a fan of Joe Buck doing golf. I think he's a good announcer for football and baseball, but not golf. 

Anyways, back on topic, I think the poster has something more personal that bugs him about Koepka. It goes beyond this or spitting. I thought maybe he was a Sergio fan that got hurt when Koepka blasted him a couple months ago, but I guess it's something else. I like Koepka calling golfers out for acting like babies from time to time. He's right and glad someone spoke up about it.

15 minutes ago, Big Duffer said:

Fun fact check - Brooks was in 3 of the 4 promos Fox made for the US Open. Brooks is just making up a slight to use as motivation, because that's how he does things.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

7 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Fun fact check - Brooks was in 3 of the 4 promos Fox made for the US Open. Brooks is just making up a slight to use as motivation, because that's how he does things.

@DeadMan  I missed that - thanks for pointing that out.    In the end, whatever gets you going  - gets you going  I guess.   Still I think Beast Koepka will be a factor.  especially if his iron game is on.   Don't think a ton of drivers will be required, but the greens are a bit on the smaller side I think.  

3 hours ago, Alx said:

Did you watch the actual interview before getting upset? You know the one where hes clearly joking?

see, i was going to comment that I didn't see the interview, only read the article.  You can't tell his tone or attitude from just text. 

And it's not like golf 'news' to try to manufacture outrage for their stuffy consumers.....

46 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

was it Brooks bringing it up, or the reporters trying to stir something up?

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

If you've never played sports, everything is about bulletin board material. Coaches in team sports love when even just one player from an opposing speaks out about something about the team because coaches can use it as motivation. Same goes for those in individual sports. They'll use anything they can as motivation. It helps them. Heck, Rickie Fowler was called "overrated" before the 2015 Players and he used that as fuel to propel him to win. Hasn't much helped him much in majors since, but that's an example of how guys will look for anything to get them going, no matter the sport. 

Edited by ChrisP

I never understood "bulletin board" psychology in sports. I played organized baseball through college, and i always thought that when coaches did that it was distracting and clownish. Who cares if some shithead on another team says we suck? Its not going to give you another 5mph on your fastball.... Just go out there and do what you do. If you're better everything takes care of itself. Its even more silly when reporters or observers say something like that and you react. They're not even competing with you...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JodieMudd said:

Yes i watched it, and he was clearly annoyed about the whole thing otherwise why bring it up. Yes i agree he was 'half' joking with the firing comment but that is Brooks allover, try's to act like he ain't really bothered when clearly he is..... i would bet a diamond against a penny that he would love someone to lose their job over it.

Uh. Idk. Cause the reporter literally asked him what he thought about it :banana:?

Edited by Alx
  • Thumbs Up 1

(edited)
7 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Brooks is just making up a slight to use as motivation

Or maybe he is just being a petty primadonna

Edited by JodieMudd

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

Wow, okay.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

49 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

I don’t think that’s Brooks. I think he’s a quiet, low key guy who’s dealing with fame and fortune but having a little confusion with the ‘fame’ aspect. He’s never sought out fame but having a little taste of it has boggled him a bit. He thinks he deserves more but isn’t sure if he actually wants it. This is why he kind of teeters back on fourth on it imo. Similar to ‘ I’m upset I wasn’t invited to the party I didn’t want to go to.’

Edited by Vinsk
  • Informative 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

50 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

He's using whatever he can to find an edge or extra motivation.  People do it all the time.  See boxing, fighting, or any sport or workout...  having some fire in the belly is good.

Edited by ncates00
  • Like 1

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

This Brooks guy. He'll never be taken seriously at the Sandtrap until he wins the Greensboro Open.

That makes no sense.

Plenty take him seriously here. Don't paint TST with a brush just because one guy has a minority opinion.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!