KrisF

Is One of the Two Swing Planes Actually Better or the Same?

Two Plane or One Plane?  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What swing plane do you use?

• Two Plane
    • One Plane

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2019 at 06:39 AM

16 posts / 807 viewsLast Reply

Interested to see what the poll turnouts are and replys.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

There should be an option for, "I don't know".

So, There is the poll "Which swing plane you use?". Then if you dont know the answer to the main topic question then just say, "I dont know."

Edited by KrisF

1 minute ago, KrisF said:

So, There is the poll "Which swing plane you use?". Then if you dont know the answer to the main topic question then just say, "I dont know."

I don't know.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday on odd numbered months I use single plane. On the remaining it’s two plane. If the barometric pressure drops more than 10mm/Hg this reverses. If I shank my first approach shot it’s triple plane for the rest of the day. Unless the wind is 10mph or less. But then I switch to a four layer ball, except on Tuesdays.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Two plane... though some days it feels like three or four planes going on.

I tried the Natural Golf/Single Plane thing years ago, and it just wasn't right for me. 

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday on odd numbered months I use single plane. On the remaining it’s two plane. If the barometric pressure drops more than 10mm/Hg this reverses. If I shank my first approach shot it’s triple plane for the rest of the day. Unless the wind is 10mph or less. But then I switch to a four layer ball, except on Tuesdays.

Same, except on Friday the 13th when I try to swing with no plane at all!!!

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

My swing is four-dimensional. 

21 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Overthinking it much?! Heh, heh, heh! 😉

14 hours ago, boogielicious said:

My swing is four-dimensional. 

Glad to see you included the time parameter!

I believe the one plane swing produces a more consistent strike, but I lack the flexibility and strength that it requires. On good days it’s two planes, bad days a few more ...

I tried to convert to a one plane swing, but found it too difficult to hit mid and long irons consistently well. I went back to a two plane swing, and have put in the time to practice to make progress. Admittedly, I didn't practice enough my first go around with a two plane swing. Taking a 6-year hiatus from golf provided me the clarity to realize I had to change my entire mindset regarding golf.

I don't think it matters which swing plane a golfer uses, as long as what ever plane they are using gets them to a proper impact position. 

Myself, I have a decent impact position with the ball. I have no idea what swing plane I am using. Don't really care either. 

If the poll would have had a choice of "doesn't matter" that's what my vote would have been. 

I am unclear as to the difference between the two...or if there are two.  Watching videos, of myself and others, would seem to indicate that a good swing has a bit of leeway regarding the shaft plane.  That every good swing is not exactly the same as every other good swing does not, to me, mean they are different swings.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, KrisF said:

Are you trolling or are you serious with these polls? I am asking a genuine question. You might find that people choose to ignore your polls and your seemingly aggressive instructions when you word them poorly. Just sayin'.

18 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Are you trolling or are you serious with these polls? I am asking a genuine question. You might find that people choose to ignore your polls and your seemingly aggressive instructions when you word them poorly. Just sayin'.

Why would I start a poll for no reason?