IGNORED

Is One of the Two Swing Planes Actually Better or the Same?

Note: This thread is 1635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Two Plane or One Plane?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What swing plane do you use?

• Two Plane
    • One Plane

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2019 at 06:39 AM

• iacas changed the title to Is One of the Two Swing Planes Actually Better or the Same?
  • Administrator

Tough to vote as many people will have slightly varying definitions.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

So, There is the poll "Which swing plane you use?". Then if you dont know the answer to the main topic question then just say, "I dont know."

Edited by KrisF

1 minute ago, KrisF said:

So, There is the poll "Which swing plane you use?". Then if you dont know the answer to the main topic question then just say, "I dont know."

I don't know.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday on odd numbered months I use single plane. On the remaining it’s two plane. If the barometric pressure drops more than 10mm/Hg this reverses. If I shank my first approach shot it’s triple plane for the rest of the day. Unless the wind is 10mph or less. But then I switch to a four layer ball, except on Tuesdays.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Two plane... though some days it feels like three or four planes going on.

I tried the Natural Golf/Single Plane thing years ago, and it just wasn't right for me. 

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday on odd numbered months I use single plane. On the remaining it’s two plane. If the barometric pressure drops more than 10mm/Hg this reverses. If I shank my first approach shot it’s triple plane for the rest of the day. Unless the wind is 10mph or less. But then I switch to a four layer ball, except on Tuesdays.

Same, except on Friday the 13th when I try to swing with no plane at all!!!

• Like 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

My swing is four-dimensional. 

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

21 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Overthinking it much?! Heh, heh, heh! 😉

14 hours ago, boogielicious said:

My swing is four-dimensional. 

Glad to see you included the time parameter!

I believe the one plane swing produces a more consistent strike, but I lack the flexibility and strength that it requires. On good days it’s two planes, bad days a few more ...

I tried to convert to a one plane swing, but found it too difficult to hit mid and long irons consistently well. I went back to a two plane swing, and have put in the time to practice to make progress. Admittedly, I didn't practice enough my first go around with a two plane swing. Taking a 6-year hiatus from golf provided me the clarity to realize I had to change my entire mindset regarding golf.

2007 Burner 460 Driver
2007 Burner 3-wood
r7 Irons 3-PW
Vokey Spin-milled 50 degree wedge
r7XD sand wedge 55 degree Pure Feel III putter Tour i balls SG 2.5

I don't think it matters which swing plane a golfer uses, as long as what ever plane they are using gets them to a proper impact position. 

Myself, I have a decent impact position with the ball. I have no idea what swing plane I am using. Don't really care either. 

If the poll would have had a choice of "doesn't matter" that's what my vote would have been. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I am unclear as to the difference between the two...or if there are two.  Watching videos, of myself and others, would seem to indicate that a good swing has a bit of leeway regarding the shaft plane.  That every good swing is not exactly the same as every other good swing does not, to me, mean they are different swings.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

On 7/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, KrisF said:

Are you trolling or are you serious with these polls? I am asking a genuine question. You might find that people choose to ignore your polls and your seemingly aggressive instructions when you word them poorly. Just sayin'.

18 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Are you trolling or are you serious with these polls? I am asking a genuine question. You might find that people choose to ignore your polls and your seemingly aggressive instructions when you word them poorly. Just sayin'.

Why would I start a poll for no reason? 

• 3 months later...

I couldn't make this clean and straight ball flight with double swing plane.

IT IS my FIRST day at range right after I change the MAIN CONCEPT of swing thought of Moe Norman's swing. And sure....it have much more space for improvement.

I didn't said which one is better than another, just pick swing that put smile on your face 🙂

Edited by efdeel74

Journey of My Moe Norman's Inspired Golf Swing. Yes I know, it is going to be ROUGH journey.

Driver : MacGregor Mactec NVG.............(2005 model, cheapest forgiving driver that I can bought)

3 Wood : Ena Golf...................................(?year? cheap one but I like the impact)

7 Wood : XXIO.........................................(2005 model, from my dad)

5 Rescue : Tourstage ViQ........................(2008 model)

Irons : XXIO MP200.................................(2003 model, from my dad)

Wedge : Cleveland Becu 56 deg.............(cheapest old wedge that I can bought)

My self taught Swing Theard : My Swing (efdeel74)

Note: This thread is 1635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!