IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

Bryson made it to the final day's competitions in the round of 16. Competition starts at 6:45PM ET this evening, and concludes sometime tonight, so it ought to be interesting to follow how he does in the head to head matchups.

Kudos to Bryson for his pledge to return all of his winnings in the competition back into the prize pool for other competitors. Even winning the entire event the cash value would be relatively meaningless to him, but for the guys who only do long drive it makes a lot bigger difference.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/30/2021 at 9:57 AM, mvmac said:

Cool video. I like regular hat Bryson.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

https://wldc.infotreegolf.com/public/leaderboard/tournament/280/division/538

Well his ride ends at the top eight, as he was not one of the top two in his block, being defeated by Justin James (who got only one ball in bounds) and Martin Borgmeier from Germany, 403 and 397 to 391 by Bryson.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 9/29/2021 at 12:03 AM, Vinsk said:

I bet he smokes them on hitting the grid.

Just watching the highlights, it definitely seems like he was putting them in play more consistently.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

You guys ever notice that there is something Mo Norman-ish about Bryson’s swing?  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

1 hour ago, lastings said:

You guys ever notice that there is something Mo Norman-ish about Bryson’s swing?  

The setup, yeah. But the extra 100yds or so kinda makes me lose the comparison.😄

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

52 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

The setup, yeah. But the extra 100yds or so kinda makes me lose the comparison.😄

Ha!  Not necessarily the same or anything.    Just looks like there are some swing similarities at set up, through the ball and finish.     Especially, from face-on, looks a lot more like Mo than Tiger or someone similar.  

would love to hear someone that knows more about good swings than me weigh in.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
26 minutes ago, 70x7 said:

I think he juices 

And your evidence is…?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

37 minutes ago, 70x7 said:

I think he juices 

With legal substances? Yes I agree. You can’t be serious in thinking a tech head like BDC would use banned substances. That’s completely against his ideology on how he looks at golf I believe.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
AgEXQWFpY0JQOHZMUTJ1UnE2NXluOU0xR1EAMA

Bryson DeChambeau, ahead of the Hero World Challenge, told the New York Post he almost quit golf this year. Here’s what turned him around.

Oh give me a break:

DeChambeau, who shot a 64 during Friday’s second round at the Hero and will enter the weekend with a one-stroke lead, told the Post that he began thinking of his future following the fallout from his comments in early August on the Covid vaccine. At that point, DeChambeau shut down most interview requests until the Ryder Cup in late September.

“I got hit pretty hard,” DeChambeau told the Post. “That’s why I kind of walked away, because people were damaging [my] character. It was all the stuff that was going on in social media. I was like, I really don’t need this. I can walk away and be totally fine the rest of my life, be happy and go and hit the long ball and call it a day.”

The only comments that "damaged" his character were the ones he made himself.

The guy is a doofus.

• Thumbs Up 4

• iacas changed the title to Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

Ha. He has always seemed as a doofus, and every now and then he confirms the suspicions with stuff like this.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

12 hours ago, iacas said:

The only comments that "damaged" his character were the ones he made himself.

I had kind of moved on from his stupid vaccine comments (and some of the other things he’s said too) until he reminded me by talking about it in this article. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

On 10/19/2021 at 8:40 PM, Vinsk said:

With legal substances? Yes I agree. You can’t be serious in thinking a tech head like BDC would use banned substances. That’s completely against his ideology on how he looks at golf I believe.

You never know. I thought the same thing about Lance Armstrong - cancer survivor, top of the world. Obviously a different sport and person, but I believe that any athlete that performs much better than everyone else is a little suspect. Please don't take this comment as  saying that all (or even many) athletes that push performance boundaries are doping. I'm just saying that an athlete's perceived behavior or ideology is probably not a good predictor of whether he/she dopes or not.

28 minutes ago, chspeed said:

I'm just saying that an athlete's perceived behavior or ideology is probably not a good predictor of whether he/she dopes or not.

But it is with BDC and golf as a sport. Cycling was/is  riddled with cheaters. Armstrong had so much pressure/obsession  to win and he knew there were many, many other doping schemes taking place. Bryson is certainly wanting to explore his limits and how they can apply to golf. But doing that taking illegal substances simply isn’t in the realm of BDC nor golf imo. So in the end I’m not saying my assumption of BDC refers to any athlete or sport. Just BDC and golf.

• Thumbs Up 2