IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

Next week should be entertaining to say the least with a few of these guys in the field. I'm kind of hoping Golf Channel puts together a "round table" of people like Brandel Chamblee, David Duval, Eamon Lynch, etc and let them go off on this whole situation during one of the biggest events of the year. 

:titleist:

The press room will be buzzing once Phil, DJ, Reed and DeChambeau arrive for questions. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

20 hours ago, iacas said:

If they truly want to innovate… make the rounds 4:00 with two penalty strokes for every partial five minute increment you go beyond four hours. Imagine the drama if a group of non-counting scorers hold up a trio of golfers so that their team can win the team component! That's TV I'd love to see. 🙂 (Plus, you know, the playing faster crap.)

I really like that idea.  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So last place player right now is +19. At least there is no cut.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I didn’t realize i was playing in LIV. You guys think the saudis will send me a check. Maybe fill up my suv?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Let’s say for argument sake that the majors do end up excluding these players because their tournaments don’t get points towards OWGR and so they don’t qualify or they exclude them for other reasons. The average golf fans watch the majors the most. If these players don’t play in majors, how is this league really going to compare themselves to the PGA Tour and other accepted tours? They’re paying out boatloads of dirty money, but fans won’t really know if the players are any good.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 6/9/2022 at 12:13 PM, iacas said:

Well it looks like the security apples didn't fall far from the Saudi tree.  Shipnuck's lucky he didn't wake up in 200 pieces.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I only tuned in for a total of about 15 minutes of the coverage today, and heard them talking about how much money these guys are playing for twice in that 15 minutes.  Even if I didn't care where the money came from, am I supposed to be extra interested as a fan because of how much money is on the line?  I get the money is a tool to bring in the players, but it doesn't impact the fan at all whether they're playing for $4 million, $1 million, or $100.  Sounds so tacky to try to beat me over the head with it

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

-Eric

7 hours ago, klineka said:

Who is stating that it is? 

I haven't seen anyone say anything close to that.

Well I didn't quote another poster, cowboy.

I do think that if you're trying to create a golf super league, certainly LIV would want their leaderboard to beat out an average June tournament.

6 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

Isn’t Phoenix played at a TPC course? If so, I believe TPC courses are owned by the PGA tour, so I doubt LIV could play at the same course the Tour currently uses. 

It is. So yes, that would certainly disqualify that venue.

"Witty golf quote."

18 minutes ago, Friz said:

I only tuned in for a total of about 15 minutes of the coverage today, and heard them talking about how much money these guys are playing for twice in that 15 minutes.  Even if I didn't care where the money came from, am I supposed to be extra interested as a fan because of how much money is on the line?  I get the money is a tool to bring in the players, but it doesn't impact the fan at all whether they're playing for $4 million, $1 million, or $100.  Sounds so tacky to try to beat me over the head with it

It's probably for the guys in the Canadian tournament checking out the new league before or after their rounds.

41 minutes ago, Friz said:

Maybe it's time LIV start paying the fans!  There's a novel idea.  That'll definitely make them successful.  

• Funny 2

Could the lucrative Super Golf contracts be why gas prices have risen so high recently? 🤣

• Administrator
TELEMMGLPICT000299131715_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Exclusive: Banned United States rebels expected to follow suit as golfing civil war faces escalation

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

28 minutes ago, iacas said:
TELEMMGLPICT000299131715_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Exclusive: Banned United States rebels expected to follow suit as golfing civil war...

Huh, good way to spend more time with family at home… could definitely be a huge blow if DP Tour accepts them in. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

On 6/9/2022 at 1:11 PM, iacas said:

Turns out it is worse than that.  Just saw on Rich Eisen's show that Shipnuck tweeted Greg:

Are you aware that I just got muscled out of Phil's press conference by a couple of your goons.  Lucky for you guys I kept my cool and deescalated the situation.  Please call me to discuss.

to which Greg replied:

Did not hear.  Thanks for letting me know.

After which Shipnuck sees the picture of Norman a ways behind him giving him the stinkeye while it was happening.

Leading Shipnuck to tweet:  You cannot make this (colloquial expression for) manure up!  I texted Greg Norman before someone sent me this video - I had no idea he was lurking behind me

-------------------------------------------

But hey, I guess threatening a journalist is right on-brand for a Saudi operation.

I've also come to a realization why instinctively these guys playing along are so repulsive to me.  On the PGA tour they get paid for playing golf.  On the LIV tour they get paid for providing moral cover for some of the worst people in the world.

Edited by turtleback
  • Like 1

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Turns out it is worse than that.  Just saw on Rich Eisen's show that Shipnuck tweeted Greg:

Are you aware that I just got muscled out of Phil's press conference by a couple of your goons.  Lucky for you guys I kept my cool and deescalated the situation.  Please call me to discuss.

to which Greg replied:

Did not hear.  Thanks for letting me know.

After which Shipnuck sees the picture of Norman a ways behind him giving him the stinkeye while it was happening.

Leading Shipnuck to tweet:  You cannot make this (colloquial expression for) manure up!  I texted Greg Norman before someone sent me this video - I had no idea he was lurking behind me

-------------------------------------------

But hey, I guess threatening a journalist is right on-brand for a Saudi operation.

I've also come to a realization why instinctively these guys playing along are so repulsive to me.  On the PGA tour they get paid for playing golf.  On the LIV tour they get paid for providing moral cover for some of the worst people in the world.

There's a video of it, I think even a bunch of posts earlier in this topic (like yesterday when it was actually happening). You can see how Greg is unaware of what's happening — I don't think that's necessarily a lie. He's in a conversation with other people.

And a few posts after that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

There's a video of it, I think even a bunch of posts earlier in this topic (like yesterday when it was actually happening). You can see how Greg is unaware of what's happening — I don't think that's necessarily a lie. He's in a conversation with other people.

And a few posts after that.

He's staring right at them.

Rich - in name only