IGNORED

LPGA: The Good Ole Days? Have You Stopped Watching?

Indy1954
Note: This thread is 1506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

21 hours ago, Indy1954 said:

LPGA needs to build their fan base not their golf fan base.

I drive by LPGA headquarters usually about once a week. I'll stop in and ask them what they plan on doing about building their fan base, and limiting the number of extremely beautiful Korean ladies in their short skirts and knee high socks. After I have been tasered and perp-walked and had my bail hearing, I'll post about it here. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 11:00 PM, Mr22putt said:

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 2:15 PM, Indy1954 said:

I also liked to watch Cory Webb, shes not American but was popular. Anika and Ochoa was not American and loved to watch them.

When the LPGA puts a quota on Foreign players then it may regain its old status.

Mr22putt said:

1) Who the heck is CODY Webb?....LOL

2) LMAO

Can you read? I never said Cody Webb I said Cory Webb so the LMAO is on you.

Edited by Indy1954

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 8:09 PM, snapfade said:

Ill give you a choice, which one would you rather watch?

180809-daly-pants.jpg

Sexy-Golfer-4.jpg

Talk about a "Sexist" post, this is one and its a disgusting. If I had my choice who to play a round of golf with it definitely would be Big John. Big John is one of my favorite Pros and if these 2 where in a bi-sex golf tourney I would rather watch Big John play than her.

No one who's has posted understands what this thread is about. Its about being able to watch fan favorites not watching some womans wiggle.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 7:36 AM, GolfLug said:

Some very stout posts on this thread. Especially the ones that have continuously rallied around golf and really all of sport maintaining it's true meritocracy status. 

@Indy1954, I only watch NBA if LBJ or Steph Curry is playing regardless of how they are playing. Others don't interest me as much. I am what you would call a fairweather fan. Honestly I lost 80 percent of my interest in NBA since MJ retired so at some level I understand your plight from personal preference POV. But it is a huge reach to turn that around on the organization and blame them to not cater to what seems to be your own myopic  preference. 

Plenty of interest in the way LPGA is televised as it is and if posts on this thread is any proof, majority think it is better off than it ever was. 

Finally someone who understands what I'm talking about in this thread which is. If my fan favorites are not being show, no matter how they're playing, then I turn the channel.

I'm right with ya, when MJ along with Bird and others stopped playing I stopped watching the NBA. I don't even watch the playoffs. March Madness is about all the BB I watch anymore.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

Finally someone who understands what I'm talking about in this thread which is. If my fan favorites are not being show, no matter how they're playing, then I turn the channel.

It’s a stupid point.

And… you’re in the minority. Most want to see the leaders.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like good golf.  My "Fan Favorites" list tends to track with the more consistent winners, and then a short list of players that I appreciate over the long haul.

But I don't think I'd ever generalize a complaint over not seeing my short list.  I'm a big fan of Rory and also Adam Scott on the PGA.  But while they were having their low points, it didn't bother me if they didn't get a lot of air time.

The key to good golf entertainment is the level of play of those contending week after week.

In both men's and women's, I have a definite bias against players that appear fat and out of shape.  I gotta work on that.  It's a visceral reaction to an image that's anti-fitness, anti-health.  I rationalize it by saying they should be role models, but in reality, TV and movies has indoctrinated my expectation of what we view.

Bill - 

27 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

Presumably you mean Karrie Webb, a great Australian player.  

One of the (many) difficulties that comes from living a good long life is that the athletes who were once our favorites eventually become less effective, and are replaced by new great athletes.  Most sports fans prefer to see the athletes who are performing at the top of the sport, not those whose skills have eroded with time.  The programmers are absolutely correct in showing the CURRENT best players, there's a pretty limited demand for them to focus on yesterday's stars. If you're waiting for Karrie Webb to get back into the final few groups on Sunday, you're going to be disappointed.  But if you watch the players who ARE at the top of the leaderboards, you're likely to develop some new favorites.  Or you can turn the TV off and go yell at those kids to get off your lawn. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

It’s a stupid point.

And… you’re in the minority. Most want to see the leaders.

And you knocking down my opinion is stupid.

I speak my mind that's my right as an American but many Lb's nowdays only believe people have freedom of speech if they agree with them. If they don't then they don't have Freedom of Speech.

I do believe there are people who have read this thread and agree with my point but they do not have the guts to openly agree for fear of all the hassle from others.

8 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

I speak my mind that's my right as an American but many Lb's nowdays only believe people have freedom of speech if they agree with them. If they don't then they don't have Freedom of Speech.

I do believe there are people who have read this thread and agree with my point but they do not have the guts to openly agree for fear of all the hassle from others.

I don't think anyone disagrees with your basic point, we each would prefer to see our favorites.  Many of us also want to see the players who are playing the best that week.  The problem is that your favorites aren't mine, and the networks have to try to satisfy as many people as possible.  So lets look at your list:

If they're playing I want to see Lexi, Henderson, Cristie, Lincicome, Nordqvist, Stacy, Natalie, Wie, etc..

Those players are ranked #9, 7, 99, 123, 95, 98, 1184, and 365 on the Rolex World Rankings right now.  The first two definitely get some air time when they're playing well.  I just don't see a huge demand to see the rest of these players struggle around the course on their way to missing the cut.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

Nah, man, it's just "freedom of speech."

First off, this isn't a matter of freedom of speech. You've been allowed to say what you've wanted, and I've allowed it, despite the fact that you're not granted freedom of speech here on MY forum. There's not a single law in the land that says I have to allow you to say what you want. Not a one. There's not even a moral imperative to do so.

Second, I'll assume "Lb" is "liberal," and if you're calling me a liberal, wow have you missed the mark.

Some might say you're the one harassing people here.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We all certainly have our favorites. When they are in contention it makes the broadcast a must watch. 

However, it would be positively silly for a tournament broadcast to give a lot of coverage to somebody scuffling to make a few bucks just because they are a big name. 

Yesterday's favorites live on in our memories. Just as today's best deserve to in the future. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

Yes but I hope you didn't miss the point where I said that that's on us, not on the 'channel'. 

Majority like LPGA as it is now, lots of Asian players and all..

Vishal S.

27 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

Grow up. Your point of view is absurdly in the minority. I want to see the leaders. And BTW, I’ve watched Karrie Webb many times. You can’t ever get her name right. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

56 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

but they do not have the ignorance

FTFY.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, Indy1954 said:

a bi-sex golf tourney

This is an interesting concept. I paid to see Tiger and Mickelson play each other so maybe that kind of thing would be a good draw? 🙂

20 hours ago, Indy1954 said:

That's the dumbest thing I've seen online today.  
Thanks for the laugh.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Or you can turn the TV off and go yell at those kids to get off your lawn. :whistle:

That's what I do.

Just kidding. Actually I was waiting for all the arguing to die down before I chimed in on this. But it looks like that may or may not happen. So, back to the original post:

I DO watch less LPGA than I used to. But, in all fairness I watch less of EVERYTHING than I used to. 

Having said that, I will also say this: Pretty much the ONLY live tv I watch at all anymore is golf. Men's golf (especially the majors) and woman's golf (especially the majors) are literally the only live tv I watch anymore. So, even though I watch less of it. Because I watch less tv in general. By percentage it has gone way up in terms of what percentage of my total viewing is golf. … Literally, 100%. 

I gotta go yell at some kids who are on my lawn.....

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

14 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

That's what I do.

Just kidding. Actually I was waiting for all the arguing to die down before I chimed in on this. But it looks like that may or may not happen. So, back to the original post:

I DO watch less LPGA than I used to. But, in all fairness I watch less of EVERYTHING than I used to. 

Having said that, I will also say this: Pretty much the ONLY live tv I watch at all anymore is golf. Men's golf (especially the majors) and woman's golf (especially the majors) are literally the only live tv I watch anymore. So, even though I watch less of it. Because I watch less tv in general. By percentage it has gone way up in terms of what percentage of my total viewing is golf. … Literally, 100%. 

I gotta go yell at some kids who are on my lawn.....

C'mon Chet, I'm sure you watch a little news in the evening.  To put you to sleep.

Note: This thread is 1506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!