IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

9 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Florida is going to begin a phased reopening beginning on Monday.

Slow going, and obviously some continued precautions, but it’s a start.  

Yeah....too soon I think.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah....too soon I think.

Not for the businesses and untold tens of thousands out of work and trying to feed their families.

I would hope that those at higher risk will do what they need to remain safe regardless. 

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

39 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Not for the businesses and untold tens of thousands out of work and trying to feed their families.

I would hope that those at higher risk will do what they need to remain safe regardless. 

Yeah I get that. It’s the young and irresponsible ones I’m concerned about. It’s a catch-22. Some are going back to work but business will remain very slow. They may make more with unemployment than what working will bring them. Depends on the business. Then you have the concern of the illness. Seeing mom, dad, a son or daughter struggle on a ventilator makes that bar tending job look pretty meaningless real quick. But like you said..people are struggling to feed their families ...it’s worth the risk for many.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

14 hours ago, billchao said:

It's even easier if you simply shave your head. I used to do it all the time when I was a teenager, good old #0. I started doing it again before all the COVID-19 shutdowns started happening. I use a #1 now. Needs to be cut fairly often or it looks terrible because the hair grows at different rates and it's very obvious when it's short like that. I've been putting it off for a few days, now. I think I'll go back to #0.

13 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I start with #4, then #3, then #0, I guess that's no attachment, to even things out. I started doing it more often when I realized it took less time than going to the barber shop and I could do it anytime. It also helps that I'm saving $25 - $50 a pop.

Gillette loves folks who shave their heads! 😀 My wife cut my hair in the back and I did the front. I’m starting to have the bowl cut look. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Ohio has gone back to mandating masks for employees and recommending for customers/visitors/clients. Many of our employees are saying, "FU. I'm not wearing one." Do we fire them if they don't? We are supposed to enforce this, but what do we do if a majority of our employees refuse as appears will be the case. Furthermore, we can't find any available. The earliest confirmation we have to get some is June 1st. What a mess.

- Shane

14 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Ohio has gone back to mandating masks for employees and recommending for customers/visitors/clients. Many of our employees are saying, "FU. I'm not wearing one." Do we fire them if they don't? We are supposed to enforce this, but what do we do if a majority of our employees refuse as appears will be the case. Furthermore, we can't find any available. The earliest confirmation we have to get some is June 1st. What a mess.

Jump on that sewing machine.

To be more serious, you guys are in a fix.  What about a no mask, no work policy? You don't have to fire them.  Is there a union involved?

Edited by Double Mocha Man

6 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

When you figure it out can you have em  get me a Gerry Cheevers mask?

Sports Then and Now | How NHL Goalie Masks Evolved – From a Joke

49 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Jump on that sewing machine.

To be more serious, you guys are in a fix.  What about a no mask, no work policy? You don't have to fire them.  Is there a union involved?

A lot of companies are. The state is mandating a "no mask, no work policy" for us and not providing the PPE to support it. We have less than a week to get it together. Our employees are saying they won't do it. We can hardly get them to wear an apron and boots when they are working at a muratic acid tank. I see them reach into said tanks to get something and then dunk it a rinse tank. There is no union, but they band together on their own. These guys are some tough SOBs. They have to be in this industry.

Not to mention we are now in competition with a bunch of other essential companies and others who are trying open back up to obtain masks that are in scarce supply.

- Shane

9 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

A lot of companies are. The state is mandating a "no mask, no work policy" for us and not providing the PPE to support it. We have less than a week to get it together. Our employees are saying they won't do it. We can hardly get them to wear an apron and boots when they are working at a muratic acid tank. I see them reach into said tanks to get something and then dunk it a rinse tank. There is no union, but they band together on their own. These guys are some tough SOBs. They have to be in this industry.

Not to mention we are now in competition with a bunch of other essential companies and others who are trying open back up to obtain masks that are in scarce supply.

I am still amazed at the mindset of some people who think if you don't see it it doesn't exist.

My brother in Colorado stated in Summit County that they will fine people $5k who interact with others w/o a mask.   

In Michigan, we were told to wear masks when we interact with others but no fines will be levied.   Businesses can refuse service to those w/o masks if they choose.   I don't see that happening, everyone needs the cash.

Talk here was that when non-essentials go back to work, masks were required in the work place.   I'm glad I'm retired.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

12 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I am still amazed at the mindset of some people who think if you don't see it it doesn't exist.

We should just close so our employees can make more than twice as much on unemployment with $600 extra that the fed started kicking in this week. I guess the military won't get their hardware because we can't find masks...

7 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

My brother in Colorado stated in Summit County that they will fine people $5k who interact with others w/o a mask.   

In Michigan, we were told to wear masks when we interact with others but no fines will be levied.   Businesses can refuse service to those w/o masks if they choose.   I don't see that happening, everyone needs the cash.

Talk here was that when non-essentials go back to work, masks were required in the work place.   I'm glad I'm retired.  

I wish I was...

- Shane

23 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I used to live in Summit County. I always wore a ski mask and goggles. Well, at least in the winter.

53 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I used to live in Summit County. I always wore a ski mask and goggles. Well, at least in the winter.

This reminds me that it would be so easy to rob a bank right now. If they were open that is.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Plato touched on this way back w/Allegory of the Cave.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

This reminds me that it would be so easy to rob a bank right now. If they were open that is.

Banks aren't open where you live?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Search YouTube for no sew face mask. Surgeon general did a video on DIY no-sew mask a couple weeks back. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4