IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

September 20th, maybe.

My understanding is that, except for the immunocompromised, one will need to wait until 8 months after your second shot to get the booster. That, of course, may change as new info becomes available. That would put mine in October and I'll be first in line as soon as they tell me I'm eligible.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Zippo said:

My understanding is that, except for the immunocompromised, one will need to wait until 8 months after your second shot to get the booster. That, of course, may change as new info becomes available. That would put mine in October and I'll be first in line as soon as they tell me I'm eligible.

That's only if you live near Custer.  😄  The Biden administration said Sept. 20 a few weeks ago, but others within the administration are trying to backtrack on that.

5 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

That's only if you live near Custer.  😄  The Biden administration said Sept. 20 a few weeks ago, but others within the administration are trying to backtrack on that.

"

When can I get a COVID-19 vaccine booster?

Not immediately. The goal is for people to start receiving a COVID-19 booster shot beginning in the fall, with individuals being eligible starting 8 months after they received their second dose of an mRNA vaccine (either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna). This is subject to authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and recommendation by CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). FDA is conducting an independent evaluation to determine the safety and effectiveness of a booster dose of the mRNA vaccines. ACIP will decide whether to issue a booster dose recommendation based on a thorough review of the evidence."

As of right now, I will be getting the booster shot. I will do what ever it takes to keep myself, my family and friends safe from this thing. 

If 8 months is the timeframe, then I am looking at late December to early January for a booster shot. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got my second dose in February, so I may be due for the booster next month. My wife got hers slightly earlier than me, so her date is coming up, I think. 

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

As of right now, I will be getting the booster shot. I will do what ever it takes to keep myself, my family and friends safe from this thing. 

If 8 months is the timeframe, then I am looking at late December to early January for a booster shot. 

I will be “8 Months” in December but since I got the Moderns shot I may need to wait longer.  One question I have is if getting other vaccines may require a delay for the booster.  I was planning on getting the shingles vaccine this fall and that is a 2-shot vaccine.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

31 minutes ago, StuM said:

I will be “8 Months” in December but since I got the Moderns shot I may need to wait longer.  One question I have is if getting other vaccines may require a delay for the booster.  I was planning on getting the shingles vaccine this fall and that is a 2-shot vaccine.

Answers to common clinical questions about COVID-19 vaccines, including storage and handling, administration, documentation, and safety and efficacy.

The CDC says no.  However if thee are side effects from either, you might want to space it out so you don’t get side effects double whammied.

—Adam

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Please use a bit more decorum in your posts. We all are very frustrated by this pandemic.

Sorry. I was still really ticked off by that little trollop.

1 hour ago, Esox said:

Sorry. I was still really ticked off by that little trollop.

Totally can see that.

—Adam

13 hours ago, colin007 said:

I've also heard some saying that the booster doesn't have to be the same brand as the initial two shots?

This is accurate, at least from my family's experience. My wife and mother both got a Pfizer booster after having the Moderna initial shots. 

Addendum: Neither has had side effects of any kind after 10 days. 

Addendum: We checked with a nephew (pediatric oncologist at St Jude's) who told us that the booster is simply another shot of what was given in the beginning of last year - it is not "new science". He highly recommended the booster (and that it need not be the same version as the original). 

Edited by Hardluckster

Lol anyone else frustrated by the lack of "like" options in this sub-forum?

2 hours ago, Hardluckster said:

This is accurate, at least from my family's experience. My wife and mother both got a Pfizer booster after having the Moderna initial shots. 

Addendum: Neither has had side effects of any kind after 10 days. 

Addendum: We checked with a nephew (pediatric oncologist at St Jude's) who told us that the booster is simply another shot of what was given in the beginning of last year - it is not "new science". He highly recommended the booster (and that it need not be the same version as the original). 

I would "like" this if I could

Colin P.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, colin007 said:

It's not a golf sub-forum, so we don't award reputation for stuff that's specifically not golf-related.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

50 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I would "like" this if I could

You just did.🙂

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 9/5/2021 at 9:28 PM, StuM said:

We are not back to normal.

There has to be an acceptance of risk and a new normal.  

3aeffd51aa47750129396cf53e6da377

The COVID-19 risk for vaccinated people is roughly equal to 'riding in a vehicle,' recent data suggest

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet