Jump to content
IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic


Recommended Posts

(edited)
1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

There has been so much pressure to open things up.  Most Governors are caving.  As individuals, we don't have to cave.  Our state opened the restaurants 2 weeks ago.  I still won't sit inside... outside is chilly but works.

I think Ohio opened up restaurants months ago. 

Not to full capacity, but still, they have been open for a while. 

Edited by saevel25
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)
2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think Ohio opened up restaurants months ago. 

How's that working? 

WA state is at 50% for restaurants.  I'm still waiting for bar stools to re-open.  But only after there's herd immunity.  Or after those pesky virus passports...

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

How's that working?

I think fine. 

For the most part, people are not catching this at restaurants when the capacity is low enough and 6-Ft is maintained. You saw the biggest spike around the holidays when people started to gather together in their homes or have parties

Compared to other States, Ohio has been OK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

I think fine. 

For the most part, people are not catching this at restaurants when the capacity is low enough and 6-Ft is maintained. You saw the biggest spike around the holidays when people started to gather together in their homes or have parties

Compared to other States, Ohio has been OK. 

Yes, home gatherings have provided the brunt of infections...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been eating in my usual restaurant for since they opened in Michigan, I sit at the counter and social distance. I feel comfortable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I have been eating in my usual restaurant for since they opened in Michigan, I sit at the counter and social distance. I feel comfortable. 

What's the ventilation like? Are there open doors or windows?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

 I still won't sit inside... outside is chilly but works.

Just got back from sitting inside at Lorenzo’s and had a big margarita. They have things spaced out a lot. 
 

It’s a no from me on having vaccination requirements to go places. While I think everyone should get it, who can, it should still be a choice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
5 minutes ago, phillyk said:

It’s a no from me on having vaccination requirements to go places. While I think everyone should get it, who can, it should still be a choice

Do the owners of a business deserve a choice, one that relates to the level of risk they choose to accept, and that their employees are exposed to?  An individual can still choose to remain unvaccinated, but their choice adds some small increment of risk to everyone they come in contact with.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

What's the ventilation like? Are there open doors or windows?

Decent, doesn't feel stuffy, just the opening and closing of front door though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, phillyk said:

It’s a no from me on having vaccination requirements to go places. While I think everyone should get it, who can, it should still be a choice. 

It's true, the individual has a choice. But private business and government offices also have a choice.  Mmmm... margaritas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

The biggest risk of catching Covid-19 in restaurants is to the workers, not the customers. They work long shifts in close proximity to each other. You can socially distance a dining room, but not the kitchen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been reading this off and on for a while and just shaking my head. While all you 🐑 have been wearing your masks, staying home, preaching about "the science," taking shots of a poisonous vaccine, patting each other on the back for how obedient you've been, trying to one up each other on who got there shot first. I never stayed home. I've been to truck stops all over the country for fueling, showers, eating inside restaurants, eating salads prepared by the truck stop, filling my coffee mugs, getting maintenance work done, to shippers, receivers, dot inspection stations, rest areas, casino's, etc. etc. the list go's on. No mask, no nothing. Grow a pair and think for yourselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, TRUCKER said:

...preaching about "the science," taking shots of a poisonous vaccine...

Remember, it was "science" and the science of engineering that gave you a truck and makes it run.  And puts money in your pocket.  Don't be so quick to discount it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
4 hours ago, TRUCKER said:

I've been reading this off and on for a while and just shaking my head. While all you 🐑 have been wearing your masks, staying home, preaching about "the science," taking shots of a poisonous vaccine, patting each other on the back for how obedient you've been, trying to one up each other on who got there shot first. I never stayed home. I've been to truck stops all over the country for fueling, showers, eating inside restaurants, eating salads prepared by the truck stop, filling my coffee mugs, getting maintenance work done, to shippers, receivers, dot inspection stations, rest areas, casino's, etc. etc. the list go's on. No mask, no nothing. Grow a pair and think for yourselves.

Lots of macho, manly stuff there. Impressive.

Please tell us more about the "poisonous vaccine".  $10000 to your favourite charity if you can identify it. And why is the word "science" in inverted commas? Because people who believe in "science" can back up their arguments and make you feel dumb? Because they think they're better than you? I'll bet you have lots of friends who think the same way you do. Proves a lot, doesn't it? I'll bet all the truckers and waitresses and casino workers you hang out with agree that it's all a conspiracy. And you'd present that as evidence to support your idiotic prejudices.

Your deranged logic would imply that because you have driven around the country and eaten in lots of places and met people along the way and the fact that you are not dead it is proof that the pandemic is a hoax and that the "sheeple" are being compliant.

If everyone was like you there'd be several more million dead. To willingly present yourself as such a fu**ing  moron beggars belief.

Luckily, most people here do think for themselves. And maybe that's why most of them are still alive.

Edited by Shorty
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
6 hours ago, TRUCKER said:

I've been reading this off and on for a while and just shaking my head. While all you 🐑 have been wearing your masks, staying home, preaching about "the science," taking shots of a poisonous vaccine, patting each other on the back for how obedient you've been, trying to one up each other on who got there shot first. I never stayed home. I've been to truck stops all over the country for fueling, showers, eating inside restaurants, eating salads prepared by the truck stop, filling my coffee mugs, getting maintenance work done, to shippers, receivers, dot inspection stations, rest areas, casino's, etc. etc. the list go's on. No mask, no nothing. Grow a pair and think for yourselves.

Are you talking about Fauci and big pharma friends laughing their way to the bank? I somewhat understand the reluctance. 

But masks?? Why can't it be common sense? What makes you think that a person wearing a mask is only doing it because they were 'told to do it'?

I work for an automotive parts manufacturer, haven't stayed/worked from home a single day in the last year. Been to a hundred restaurants when they opened at 50 percent capacity. With family. Done trips. All while using common sense. Never needed anyone, a political head, or social media, or any other blind affiliation to tell me to do what I can think through by myself. 

I AM thinking for myself. 

Edited by GolfLug
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
2 hours ago, Shorty said:

Lots of macho, manly stuff there. Impressive.

Please tell us more about the "poisonous vaccine".  $10000 to your favourite charity if you can identify it. And why is the word "science" in inverted commas? Because people who believe in "science" can back up their arguments and make you feel dumb? Because they think they're better than you? I'll bet you have lots of friends who think the same way you do. Proves a lot, doesn't it? I'll bet all the truckers and waitresses and casino workers you hang out with agree that it's all a conspiracy. And you'd present that as evidence to support your idiotic prejudices.

Your deranged logic would imply that because you have driven around the country and eaten in lots of places and met people along the way and the fact that you are not dead it is proof that the pandemic is a hoax and that the "sheeple" are being compliant.

If everyone was like you there'd be several more million dead. To willingly present yourself as such a fu**ing  moron beggars belief.

Luckily, most people here do think for themselves. And maybe that's why most of them are still alive.

 

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Are you talking about Fauci and big pharma friends laughing their way to the bank? I somewhat understand the reluctance. 

But masks?? Why can't it be common sense? What makes you think that a person wearing a mask is only doing it because they were 'told to do it'?

I work for an automotive parts manufacturer, haven't stayed/worked from home a single day in the last year. Been to a hundred restaurants when they opened at 50 percent capacity. With family. Done trips. All while using common sense. Never needed anyone, a political head, or social media, or any other blind affiliation to tell me to do what I can think through by myself. 

I AM thinking for myself. 

Hey guys,

I wouldn’t let this guy and his esteemed opinion rile anyone up. Either he’s intentionally trolling or he’s woefully unaware/ignorant of the facts available to all who care to investigate. As you guys know, regardless of truth, people see what they want and discredit what they want to suit their preconceived biases, pointing to their own personal experiences as undeniable, unequivocal, evidence of their stance while ignoring the actual statistics of the entire population. You can explain it to him, but you can understand it for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
42 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

 

Hey guys,

I wouldn’t let this guy and his esteemed opinion rile anyone up. Either he’s intentionally trolling or he’s woefully unaware/ignorant of the facts available to all who care to investigate. As you guys know, regardless of truth, people see what they want and discredit what they want to suit their preconceived biases, pointing to their own personal experiences as undeniable, unequivocal, evidence of their stance while ignoring the actual statistics of the entire population. You can explain it to him, but you can understand it for him. 

Good post. I wonder how many people have been infected and became seriously ill or died due to people with his attitude. Typhoid Mary comes to mind. She was immune but infected thousands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is that the same science that said it was ok for hollywood to continue life as normal, and still have there catered lunches, but tell the restaurant next door to close. The same science that said if you gather at restaurants and have a party your going to kill people, only to find out that's exactly what they were doing. The same science that said if you drive from Kalamazoo,Mi to your second home in the U.P. you were going continue the spread, but said it was ok for a trucker to take a load of bicycles there for Walmart. The same science that said if we don't shut down we'll all die, but MILLIONS of truckers, truck stop employees, Walmart, Amazon, Target employees, local gas station employees, all the shippers/recievers, could stay open. Why hasn't there been a massive uncontrollable outbreak of truckers getting this, or the truck stop employees? There should be if you "follow the science"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...