IGNORED

Evil Club of Hate

phedrick
Note: This thread is 1421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Evil club of hate.... I have one, do you? For me it is my fairway. It hates me. Sometimes it acts like it is my best friend, other times not so much. At times it hits sweet and true, and says 'who loves you baby?'. The next time out it shows me the middle finger.... <sigh>

• Like 1
  • :callaway: Callaway Epic Flash Driver.  Epic Flash 3 Wood.  GBB Flash 5 wood.  Epic Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland: Cleveland Launcher HB Irons, 4 through PW. CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.
  • :seemore:  Seemore Si1 putter.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ATM, since I haven't been able to get out and practice, it's every club in the bag except my 5H, 54 and putter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Lately, it seems like every club in my bag …  🥵
But hey, it's only March. By the end of April, they will all be showing a lot of LUV … :whistle:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

3 hours ago, Club Rat said:

But hey, it's only March. By the end of April, they will all be showing a lot of LUV … :whistle:

I love your optimism!  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• iacas changed the title to Evil Club of Hate

Right now it's my 5 iron since I only hit it one yard farther than my 6 iron.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Hybrid, hands down. It goes the right distance, but in every direction imaginable. Most of the time my 3 iron or 4W is a much safer bet.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

My driver! I don't understand, I go to the range and hit it well but when I play on grass, like I did yesterday, it fails me. Had to resort to my 3W for most of the game. Putting also suffered but that is because of lack of playing lately. But it was good to get out.

SW or LW pitch shots, the feel shots.  I developed numbness and no feel in my left hand and arm.  It is like I have the yips or something.  I have no idea where the clubface is and my brain freaks out.  I truly suck.  Horrible.

I played a around today. I decided to give my 'Evil club of hate' a try.  It was going really well.  She/He/It was playing nice with me.... UNTIL it came down to a point where I might break a personal record..... You fool, you fool, you silly fool..... SHOULD have known better...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • :callaway: Callaway Epic Flash Driver.  Epic Flash 3 Wood.  GBB Flash 5 wood.  Epic Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland: Cleveland Launcher HB Irons, 4 through PW. CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.

Pitching wedge, always the pitching wedge. I can’t even begin to count how many extra shots that satan possessed  club has cost me.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

• 2 months later...

Today I replaced my Evil Club of Hate.  I went to my local pro shop and tried out 4 different fairways.  Looking forward to my next round.

2 hours ago, phedrick said:

Today I replaced my Evil Club of Hate.  I went to my local pro shop and tried out 4 different fairways.  Looking forward to my next round.

You should be looking forward to your next ECoH!!! Just kidding of course. Hopefully your whole bag feels great with this change, and grats on the new club!

Edited by Bonvivant
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I don't know how to hit my 5-iron.  I cannot find the middle of that club to save my life.  I gave up on it and either go aggressively after a 6 or lay off a 4.  I am baffled why I am so much more comfortable with a 4-iron in my hands.

Me and my 3-wood have a little conversation whenever it first comes out of the bag in a round that goes a little like this.  "Ok, I don't like you and you don't like me.  But this isn't about us.  We both have a job to do here and let's not let it get personal today."  The ensuing shot usually tells me whether or not it's worth bringing out again for the day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Randal

2 hours ago, onkey said:

I don't know how to hit my 5-iron.  I cannot find the middle of that club to save my life.  I gave up on it and either go aggressively after a 6 or lay off a 4.  I am baffled why I am so much more comfortable with a 4-iron in my hands.

A suggestion but this would require you to have somebody you trust as a caddie.  When you ask for a 4 or 6 iron, they would give you a 5 iron and you wouldn't check the number at the bottom of the club.  It seems entirely psychological to me and after a few rounds you should be OK.

The other option is to go to a range and just hit a couple of hundred balls with the 5 iron only.  Nothing else.  Hopefully muscle memory will improve the strike

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

23 hours ago, pganapathy said:

A suggestion but this would require you to have somebody you trust as a caddie.  When you ask for a 4 or 6 iron, they would give you a 5 iron and you wouldn't check the number at the bottom of the club.  It seems entirely psychological to me and after a few rounds you should be OK.

The other option is to go to a range and just hit a couple of hundred balls with the 5 iron only.  Nothing else.  Hopefully muscle memory will improve the strike

Oh, there is no doubt that it is entirely psychological.  Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot.

Randal

Note: This thread is 1421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!