IGNORED

2020 British Open For the Ages

iacas
Note: This thread is 1378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since this has gone off the rails - how hasn't Poulter been mentioned? Patty Reed, Lexi, Brandel, Johnny Miller....give me some time and I'm sure I can come up with a few more

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Lee Westwood is due to finally get his major. If not IRL, then this way.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Since this has gone off the rails - how hasn't Poulter been mentioned? Patty Reed, Lexi, Brandel, Johnny Miller....give me some time and I'm sure I can come up with a few more

Poulter is a whiny Pink Shirt b*tch...lol.

Cheatin Top 5/Captain America is so full of himself....it's great to laugh at him...so I like him because he's entertaining with his nonsense.

Lexi is SUPER nice and a really approachable young lady....but there have been some situations where I can see some who don't care for her. I think Lexi suffers from depression....she's admitted seeking counselling for help.

Brandel is Brandel....full of hot air.....again...good for a laugh and entertainment.

Miller LUVS himself and his 63 at Oakmont....but IMO...one of the better TV golf analyst.

Edited by Mr22putt

As much as I enjoy the cranking on players we dislike, let’s get back on topic.

Will they have a blooper segment with some of the historically bad shots from Open history?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Will they have a blooper segment with some of the historically bad shots from Open history?

I hope so, I still can't believe Hale Irwin missed that putt!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Pretty cool. They did a great job making the old coverage look modern. Would have liked to maybe seen them use all the different courses of the rota and make it like they play on all different courses the first three days like they do the Pro-Am. Could have then used more players and add more highlights. But still pretty cool.

I thought this was an enjoyable watch too:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I was wondering why there was so little coverage of Rory...

and then I remembered...

he only played two rounds at St. Andrews in 2010 and DNP bc of injury in 2015. My guess is they’ll use his first round 63 for coverage on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
4 hours ago, ChrisP said:

So does this mean Jack’s the GOAT? 

Uhm, no.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 7/15/2020 at 1:35 AM, Mr22putt said:

You and I have a lot in common.😁

I also don't like Seve...nor Bubba, Bryson, .... I can tolerate Cry baby Spieth.

I also don't like Player, Zach J, Jimmy Walker, Tom Watson....I know there are others.😁😁

On the LPGA I don't like Wie, Creamer, Stacy, Christina Kim, Kerr

Maybe it would be easier to list who you can stomach. 

5 hours ago, ChrisP said:

So does this mean Jack’s the GOAT? 

Jack’s arguably the second GOAT. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Jack’s arguably the second GOAT. 

Actually surprised they had him win. Thought it would be Tiger or Seve. Thought they’d use Seve’s putt from 84 as the winner while Tiger bogeyed 17. But they went with Jack. 

10 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Actually surprised they had him win. Thought it would be Tiger or Seve. Thought they’d use Seve’s putt from 84 as the winner while Tiger bogeyed 17. But they went with Jack. 

The ‘Old Guard’ will always stick with Jack. They’re the ones who don’t pay attention to statistics, believe putting is where all the money is and 18>15. Jack will still get a bone thrown to him while he’s alive. Eventually the overwhelming facts of Tiger’s superiority will be universally embraced. For now it’s just melancholic bias.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

They should have given it to Tom Watson. He clearly had an edge over all of them in Open Wins 😉. He's the only one after 1970 to win more than 3 of them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

15 hours ago, Vinsk said:

The ‘Old Guard’ will always stick with Jack. They’re the ones who don’t pay attention to statistics, believe putting is where all the money is and 18>15. Jack will still get a bone thrown to him while he’s alive. Eventually the overwhelming facts of Tiger’s superiority will be universally embraced. For now it’s just melancholic bias.

It’s also that for guys who grew up watching golf in the 70’s and 80’s Jack WAS the Goat with no one else coming close. It takes a lot for someone to deny their childhood idol. 

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

They should have given it to Tom Watson. He clearly had an edge over all of them in Open Wins 😉. He's the only one after 1970 to win more than 3 of them. 

Agreed, he was my favourite as a lad

Stevie T

2 minutes ago, Beastie said:

It’s also that for guys who grew up watching golf in the 70’s and 80’s Jack WAS the Goat with no one else coming close. It takes a lot for someone to deny their childhood idol. 

It was easy for me. I never really knew any stats on Jones, Hogan, Snead or Hagen and just assumed Jack was the GOAT. Once I realized GOAT should be based on overall accomplishment and not sentiment it was easy to put Tiger as the GOAT. Because he clearly is.😀

Note: This thread is 1378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!