IGNORED

Justin Thomas Curses and in 2021 Uses Homophobic Slurs

iacas

F&#%  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a problem or dislike Justin Thomas (or anyone else, really) cursing on TV while playing golf?

• Yes, it's a problem.
    • No, no problem here.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

The sexual orientation of the person saying it matters, just like the gender or the race or the relationship matters in the other examples I gave.

Fair enough. I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

I thought in saying "they're no bad words" you meant that there are no bad words, so if JT didn't mean it badly, it wasn't a "bad" thing.

Maybe he should’ve stuck with the “are you f***ing kidding me?!” from the PGA. We wouldn’t be having this discussion. Or called the ball an inanimate object, or just a “piece of shit” like Happy Gilmore.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

So if JT comes out as gay you are ok with him saying what he said to a ball? Outrageous!

I never said anything like that.

Move along, @jmanbooyaa. You're coming off poorly here.

• Booooooooo 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Maybe he should’ve stuck with the “are you f***ing kidding me?!” from the PGA. We wouldn’t be having this discussion. Or called the ball an inanimate object, or just a “piece of shit” like Happy Gilmore.

Yes, problem solved. Ha ha. New press release from PGA,  JT to use more appropriate curse words directed at a ball. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

24 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Yes, problem solved. Ha ha. New press release from PGA,  JT to use more appropriate curse words directed at a ball. 

image.gif.792b2962c21f4d18aa2eef8aa476634b.gif

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

32 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

image.gif.792b2962c21f4d18aa2eef8aa476634b.gif

He isn't digging he has dug the hole! 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I have no issue with swearing on the golf course, really, but it is important not to tie JT's latest transgression in wth the poll. 

"F****t" isn't a "curse word", it's a homophobic slur.

Edited by Shorty
  • Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:15 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

Hm... what an odd thing to say.

There are so many other curses and obscenities he could have used to express frustration and he chose that.

Really sad on many levels.

• Upvote 2

:ping: G400 SFT driver @ 12 degrees

:ping: G410 3-wood @ 16 degrees, G410 7-wood @ 22 degrees, G410 5-hybrid @ 26 degrees,

:ping: G410 7, 8 & 9 irons, Glide 3.0 wedges @ 46, 52 & 58 degrees

:ping:  Craz-E [Platinum) putter

:cleveland: Smart Sole 4.0 C chipper

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Shorty said:

I have no issue with swearing on the golf course, really, but it is important not to tie JT's latest transgression in wth the poll. 

"F****t" isn't a "curse word", it's a homophobic slur.

Yeah, it’s an old topic. Was more appropriate here than the 2021 TOC topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think you need to be respectful of people regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation. I also think what JT said was disrespectful. He said he was sorry, and I believe him. Hopefully, this will make him aware that words can be hurtful. 

5 hours ago, Esox said:

Nothing to get butthurt over..........

13 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

So if JT comes out as gay you are ok with him saying what he said to a ball? Outrageous!

You know, it's ok to say that you just don't "get it" and excuse yourself from the conversation.

• Like 2
  • Booooooooo 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

This was really poor form. Who even says this? Anyway, he's miked up and it cost him a sponsor. 

Move along JT, put it behind you and stick to the much safer F-Bombs. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

46 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

This was really poor form. Who even says this? Anyway, he's miked up and it cost him a sponsor. 

Move along JT, put it behind you and stick to the much safer F-Bombs. 

JT could take lessons from John Rahm.  Or fu*k it anyway, I could give him lessons!

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

JT could take lessons from John Rahm.  Or fu*k it anyway, I could give him lessons!

A lot of us could give him lessons. If he would have just said, "You sorry m***** f*****," he would still have the big horsey on his shirt. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It might have cost him more than one... he could be waiting for the other FootJoy to drop.

That would be a big shoe to fill. 

I don't know much about endorsements, but despite that bit on the bottom, I don't think Thomas will be signing with Ralph Lauren again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I've been fans of JT and Jordan Spieth for several years, at least in terms of their swings and off-course charity efforts. But the potty mouths have always been an issue for me. 

That being said, I'm disappointed in Polo and its knee-jerk reaction to what Thomas did. He made a mistake and apologized. What he did was a result of immaturity, not malice. He doesn't deserve the endorsement death penalty that the PC police like to hand out. As long as it's not part of a pattern, I say let it go. 

I draw a distinction between what JT did and what happened with Scott Piercy. While JT's was a spontaneous comment that did not single out anyone, Piercy's comment was directed a specific person (Pete Buttigieg). He took the time to compose the comment in his head, meaning it was premeditated. And the comments about Q-anon? Seriously? 

I've never owned any Polo products but if I did I would avoid future purchases based on this knee-jerk reaction. I certainly hope the Titleist and Foot-Joy don't follow Polo's lead on this. 

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Rocketballz (non-adjustable), 10.5 degrees, stock graphite shaft R flex
Hybrids: Kasco, 17 and 25 degrees, stock graphite shafts
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged, 4-PW, graphite shafts R, 2 degrees upright
Wedges: TaylorMade Black Oxide, 52, 56, and 60 degrees, graphite shafts
Putter: Rife Barbados w/SuperStroke grip 
Ball: Bridgestone RXS