iacas

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

373 posts / 10536 viewsLast Reply

I was talking to someone on Wednesday about who would be in contention and I said you know, Reed could pop out of nowhere.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, Double_AA said:

Not liking what I see in T-1.

JT, Douchambeu, P Reed 🤢

Not JT anymore after his last few holes.

4 minutes ago, Hazsa said:

Rory could miss the cut here! 

Cut is +7 or so right now.  Rory is nowhere near that.

Simpson sneaking up there. This just feels like his kind of conditions like Olympic. He’s always reminded me of Scott Simpson. Just sneaks up there in Majors.

Edited by ChrisP

Just realized that Captain America is paired with Spieth.....I'm shocked Spieth is talking to him.

Anyone remember the d*uchery of Top 5 signing Spieth's neck with a Sharpie a few years ago at the PGA Championship?

Too bad Top 5 didn't try that stunt with Koepka....Brooks would have punched him out right in front of the kids seeking autographs.🤣

Rules officials better be keeping a close eye on that DeChambeau/Reed pairing tomorrow. Don’t let them get away with any funny business, now.

3 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Just realized that Captain America is paired with Spieth.....I'm shocked Spieth is talking to him.

Anyone remember the d*uchery of Top 5 signing Spieth's neck with a Sharpie a few years ago at the PGA Championship?

Too bad Top 5 didn't try that stunt with Koepka....Brooks would have punched him out right in front of the kids seeking autographs.🤣

I'm not a fan of Reed but actually that's pretty funny.  Spieth is inundated with fans wanting autographs... nobody wants Reed's autograph so he says to himself, "I'll just sign this here neck."  So tomorrow, when he plays with DeChambeau, there will be more room on the neck for signing.

Okay seriously Tiger, wth? I mean I didn’t expect much from him this week but never saw +13 coming. Really disappointing.

41 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Still hanging onto that top 5 comment from what... 7 years ago now?  🙄

It’s 6.47 pm in NY right?? So that makes it a 5h20min+ round for Tiger et al.. I’m almost glad I was at work. 

3 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Okay seriously Tiger, wth? I mean I didn’t expect much from him this week but never saw +13 coming. Really disappointing.

Yeah, and his decisions on 18 were surprising to me.

6 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I was talking to someone on Wednesday about who would be in contention and I said you know, Reed could pop out of nowhere.

Not surprised. Put $10 on him at 33-1. Also put $10 on Todd, $10 on Fleetwood and $10 on Berger so at least I may have hit gold with one. I would prefer Todd to win since I have him at 80-1 and Reed at 33-1.

This was about day 1 love that was shown by the course.

...and we are going to see a US Open this weekend. 😄

Screenshot_20200919-061151.png

Edited by GolfLug

21 hours ago, colin007 said:

It's not available on Roku. NBC and Roku haven't come to an agreement for a contract.

Also, unrelated and just IMHO, but everything Apple sucks sweaty bunghole. 

I just got it through my cable service. They kind of suck sweaty socks too, but not in this instance.

Peacock inked a deal with Roku. Not soon enough to watch the USO on a Roku though. There’s always next year. 

Not sure anyone watched the coverage until the very end, but it was pretty cool to see the lights on at Winged Foot last night and guys finishing in the dark. Reminded me of the Battle at Bighorn. The three guys probably wouldn't have finished if they were a little closer to the cut. Was cool to see, though.