IGNORED

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

iacas
Note: This thread is 1309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I actually don’t mind fans howling after Wolff hits a drive. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

No idea how Wolff did what he did today, these friggen guys play a different game than the rest of us...  insane

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Thank you to the USGA for cutting the rough just that little bit on Wednesday,

Signed,

DeChambeau and Wolff

I know opinions are prolly mixed on this, but I just don’t like this new power game that BDC is bringing to golf. I don’t think it helps the game to be able to bomb and gauge and do away with accuracy off the tee. Accuracy off the tee is basically Non-existent now. It’s like the NBA. It used to be about shooting and now it’s about size and dunking which is part of the reason I don’t watch that league anymore.

Edited by ChrisP

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I was thinking the same thing - everyone is just now realizing/seeing what @iacas & Dave Wedzik have been preaching for years. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

9 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I was busy playing a 6 hour round today but how the heck did Wolff shoot a 65 while only hitting two fairways?! 😳

He said he got decent lies in the rough. Others weren’t so lucky.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
10 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I was busy playing a 6 hour round today but how the heck did Wolff shoot a 65 while only hitting two fairways?! 😳

Some of those misses included the first cut, which is barely longer than the fairway, or fringes, or fairway bunkers (where lies can be okay).

He drove the ball well.

Danny Lee didn't putt the ball well here:

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Some of those misses included the first cut, which is barely longer than the fairway, or fringes, or fairway bunkers (where lies can be okay).

He drove the ball well.

Danny Lee didn't putt the ball well here:

I mean, we all get frustrated but that's just sophomoric.   

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

14 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Thank you to the USGA for cutting the rough just that little bit on Wednesday,

Signed,

DeChambeau and Wolff

I know opinions are prolly mixed on this, but I just don’t like this new power game that BDC is bringing to golf. I don’t think it helps the game to be able to bomb and gauge and do away with accuracy off the tee. Accuracy off the tee is basically Non-existent now. It’s like the NBA. It used to be about shooting and now it’s about size and dunking which is part of the reason I don’t watch that league anymore.

I hear you and agree that we all can appreciate those who are skilled in their respective sports rather than simply over-powering a sport, but I would offer that all of the time and effort today’s athletes put into their training and bodies is probably a bigger requirement to be successful in today’s era than in the day’s of our fathers and grandfathers, thus power naturally becomes a bigger factor in the sport than in years past. As athletes get bigger, stronger, faster, sports will inevitably change/evolve in they way they are played out.  If you seriously don’t want to watch golfers over power courses and the sport in the years to come, there’s always the Champions Tour to watch 🙃

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Never know Wolff's swing was so unusual.  That twitch he has to start it is also interesting.  It's def going to distract me as I watch today's final round. 😄

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

I hear you and agree that we all can appreciate those who are skilled in their respective sports rather than simply over-powering a sport, but I would offer that all of the time and effort today’s athletes put into their training and bodies is probably a bigger requirement to be successful in today’s era than in the day’s of our fathers and grandfathers, thus power naturally becomes a bigger factor in the sport than in years past. As athletes get bigger, stronger, faster, sports will inevitably change/evolve in they way they are played out.  If you seriously don’t want to watch golfers over power courses and the sport in the years to come, there’s always the Champions Tour to watch 🙃

I mean, I’ll still watch and I agree it’s not on the players themselves...they’re just trying to take advantage of the current day and age with getting bigger and stronger. I would just like to see the PGA combat that more, whether it be tweaking equipment or growing out rough to insane levels at over 300 yards.

My concern is simply this: accuracy off the tee isn’t as big a deal anymore...hitting it 400 yards is. I’m just hoping that trend in the game doesn’t continue.

Edited by ChrisP

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Watching the U.S. Open right now is like watching the golfers at your local muni on a Sunday morning. They are all 15 over par.

Hey! I resemble that remark! Lol. Headed to the course here in a bit so gonna miss a good chunk of the action today.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Note: This thread is 1309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!