IGNORED

Golf Shoes - Meandering Thoughts and Questions

On 1/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, xrayvizhen said:

$200? No thanks. And Faldo would endorse Canada Goose turds as beneficial to golf courses if the geese could pay him.

I got a pair of Sqairz for Christmas. They are very stable and waterproof. They are on the heavier side so walking 18+ holes makes them not quiet as practical. I have always been an adidas guy for my walking/spikeless golf shoes. I have a pair of the Footjoy SL and that is a solid shoe. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, KristPom said:

I would not invent a bicycle and advise something new. Despite the fact that the Yeezy 350 sneakers are not new in the Adidas collections, they are very popular not only because of their stylish appearance, but also because of the unique innovative technologies implemented in them. Not so long ago the company released a new version of these sneakers, which is radically different from previous models. I bought this model myself https://www.forstepstyle.com/fashion-marketplace/nike/jordans/air-jordan-1/ and so far I haven't found anything better for running and sports. 

That'll be the day I spend $300 on a pair of shoes. Do you realize how many golf balls that would buy me? Probably keep me going for part of a season!

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

That'll be the day I spend $300 on a pair of shoes. Do you realize how many golf balls that would buy me? Probably keep me going for part of a season!

I use to say the same thing about soccer cleat for my son.   I cringed when I dropped $120 back around '95.   Heck, anymore $120 won't hardly buy any name brand shoe.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

I use to say the same thing about soccer cleat for my son.   I cringed when I dropped $120 back around '95.   Heck, anymore $120 won't hardly buy any name brand shoe.

I hear ya. I dropped $225 on a pair of canvas Converse hi-tops for my 15yr old. They’re hideous.

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

I got a pair of Sqairz for Christmas. They are very stable and waterproof. They are on the heavier side so walking 18+ holes makes them not quiet as practical. I have always been an adidas guy for my walking/spikeless golf shoes. I have a pair of the Footjoy SL and that is a solid shoe. 

I'm out.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I had  a pair of Ecco "World Class" shoes with a leather sole that retailed for $Aus 500.

I bought them a tan Ecco outlet for a fraction of that and they lasted about 6 months.

BUT NOTE - Just remember that golf shoes will almost always come with at leasrt a 12 month warranty. If after 9 months or so a pair develops a fault, you will get a replacement pair. It's easy to forget that with shoes that look worn if they're used a couple of times a week in bad conditions.   

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

(edited)

As the O.P., I thought I'd report on what I did for this past season. I bought a pair of Adidas Tech Response 2.0's. They were extremely comfortable and are also probably the cheapest spiked golf shoes around. ($60) They're water resistant, fine for walking in morning dew but not suitable for cold or really wet weather as the fabric material on top lets in both the cold air and/or rain but conversely, when walking in hot weather, they were absolutely perfect. I also felt extremely stable while hitting the ball. Looking them over at the end of the season after about 50 rounds of play (walking/riding - 60/40) they still look to be in perfect condition. Time will tell how well they're really made and if they'll last more than two seasons but as of now, it looks like they will.   

Edited by xrayvizhen

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

On 1/15/2022 at 7:34 AM, xrayvizhen said:

As the O.P., I thought I'd report on what I did for this past season. I bought a pair of Adidas Tech Response 2.0's. They were extremely comfortable and are also probably the cheapest spiked golf shoes around. ($60) They're water resistant, fine for walking in morning dew but not suitable for cold or really wet weather as the fabric material on top lets in both the cold air and/or rain but conversely, when walking in hot weather, they were absolutely perfect. I also felt extremely stable while hitting the ball. Looking them over at the end of the season after about 50 rounds of play (walking/riding - 60/40) they still look to be in perfect condition. Time will tell how well they're really made and if they'll last more than two seasons but as of now, it looks like they will.   

I also own a pair of these and agree with everything you say. Terrific shoes. I'll be wearing mine for the second year, this year, as well.

I recently picked up some FootJoy HyperFlex, and they have been the best shoes I have had in a long while. My feet actually feel good after a round, rather than feeling tired. I’m just a bit concerned that the fabric will be harder to keep clean vs. a leather shoe.

Last year I got a pair of Ecco Biom Cool something… very light and comfortable.  When I buy shoes I tend to only look at 3 -4 companies and it’s usually a company that makes sport shoes.  Nike, footjoy and Adidas.  My wife got me the Eccos… these look good to me, older Eccos looked like corrective footwear with Velcro straps.

I also started looking at Puma and ASICS as well now.  Usually end of the season is the best time to pick up close outs for half price.

2 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I also started looking at Puma and ASICS as well now.  Usually end of the season is the best time to pick up close outs for half price.

+1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I picked up a pair of FJ golf sandals for the summer.   I had a pair years ago and liked them.   

—Adam

• 2 months later...

Surprised I haven’t seen many comments about sketchers.. I’ve tried many different golf shoes in the 2 years and have recently discovered the sketchers and the pair I bought have by far been the best fitting most comfortable shoe.. they do seem to be a little light/cheaper feel to them but for $80 I’m not gonna complain much, time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, MississippiSteve said:

Surprised I haven’t seen many comments about sketchers.. I’ve tried many different golf shoes in the 2 years and have recently discovered the sketchers and the pair I bought have by far been the best fitting most comfortable shoe.. they do seem to be a little light/cheaper feel to them but for $80 I’m not gonna complain much, time will tell.

Others have discussed Sketchers, possibly in another thread. I think we all have different feet and fit is important. There are a number of good brands that make quality golf shoes too, which helps.

When you have a chance, please pick an avatar.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 4/17/2022 at 10:24 AM, MississippiSteve said:

I like my Sketchers. They are comfy and they fit my feet well. I usually wear them 2-3 times a week walking the course and they feel great at the end of the round.

• Like 1

Update on the HyperFlex: They are still very comfortable, but they have a frame on the outside of the shoe. As a result of moving to my left side, and coming up against the frame, I’ve developed peroneal tendonitis. My podiatrist recommended a more structured shoe.

• Informative 1

• 3 months later...

Here's my update on the Adidas Tech Response 2.0 after about 1 1/2 years of use. They're still very comfortable but they're showing signs they won't last beyond this season. They're wearing out on the inside and the fabric material on the top of the left shoe where the foot creases is starting to shred. I guess  $65.00 shoes these days can't last longer than two years. I'm wondering if more money for shoes = shoes that last longer.

I'm starting to browse again for something else  but I just might buy these again.

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

The best cleated shoe all around that I've tried is Ecco Cage. For me, they are a good balance of durability, structure, comfort, and traction. But I don't like them for walking, as by the end of the day my feet are hurting a bit. May not be a perfect fit, I'm not sure. 

I love buying golf shoes. Sort of an Imelda Marcos type thing I think. Anyway, my go-to's are my Skechers for general play. They are super light, have great traction, and are very comfortable for me, all of which overrides the fact that I find them butt-ugly. If I'm riding and think I need more traction, I wear one of the Ecco Cages I have. I have a third Ecco, their Tray model, which is probably the most comfortable shoe I've ever had, but it's iffy on traction. 

I have a pair of Adidas Adicross which I really like. They are old but have held up great and are great for walking IMO. I like the added width. 

I have an old pair of spiked FootJoys which are my least favorite. Great functionally but they are so big and almost puffy looking. I have skinny legs and so when I wear them I feel like I have Walt Disney character feet. (Matches my Mickey Mouse swing I guess). 😉

All this love for True golf definitely means I'm giving these a spin and will add a pair to the stable. 

I don't think I've ever worn out a pair of golf shoes. I don't play enough rounds I guess, and I am light and tread lightly so I don't think I put alot of stress on shoes. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert