IGNORED

2021 TST Birdie Challenge

Well... I have joined again.  I have a feeling that I will have a little more success than last year because I have joined a Spark Golf league at Sugar Hill Golf Club.  I know... I know... Spark Golf is not popular around these parts, but it's a start.  It's every Thursday afternoon starting April 1st, so I'll have at least nine chances every week to get a birdie.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a big birdie day with 3 (5, 13, 17) in the first round shooting 78 and then in the PM, I birdied another 3 (6, 10, 11) in a skins game. I finally got the last par with the illusive #2. To su

One more "new" birdie in the men's club on Wednesday, had a decent round with back-to-back birdies on 7/8 for the front nine and then birdies 6 with a terrible 3-foot lip out on 7 that would've been a

I had a really good day yesterday, including 4 birdies, 3 of those holes were "first timers" this year.  This brings me to 7 holes birdied this year so far.  

Posted Images

I scored my first birdie ever, and I added my numbers to the spreadsheet.

It was on the 15th hole of Sienna GC (Las Vegas, NV), a 514 yard par 5 hole.
Here is a rundown:
- Driver: Landed me near a bunker in the rough
- 4 iron: close to the green to use the pitching wedge
- Pitching wedge: Messed up and landed exactly on the line between fringe and rough
- Putter: Very long put from the fringe/rough and it broke right into the hole (super lucky)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I added a birdie on a par 3 #17 (non home courses page) and it's funny that I now have 15, 16, 17 covered at the away courses and 16, 17 and 18 at the home course (plus another one at 10): I must be more accurate, or maybe luckier, at the end of my rounds, lol.

Crossed off two more this week: one on my home course (third hole, par 3) and the other on the away composite (seventh hole, par 3). Funny, out of the four birdies I’ve recorded so far this year, three of em have been on par 3s. A birdie’s a birdie for me though!

Chipped in for birdie on my home course #10. Hit a great drive, and only had a 80 yard partial wedge into the green. Chunked it a bit and came up short. My ball was in a swale below the hole, so I actually couldn't see the hole, only the top half of the flag stick. I hit a soft, lofted chip from about 10 yards that rolled into the hole. My playing partners said it landed about 1 yard from the hole and rattled in off the flagstick.

• Like 1

Ticked  off another couple on Friday, including being a foot away for a hole-in-one on a short par four. 
Not that I am I gun ,it’s a very good short Par 4,  trouble on all four sides, there is more fives made than threes. 

Added two new birdie holes with today's round; holes 4 and 5! 😁  ...and back-to-back birdies are a first for me as well! 🎉

It was windy, so there was lots of second-guessing clubs. 4 was a par-3 with a crosswind and I hit it to inside 10 ft and made the putt.  5 was a par-5 with a tailwind, and I was hole-high after two shots.

• Thanks 1

Had a crazy 9 holes recently to add in birdies and an eagle.  Front 9 had 4 birdies, an eagle, 3 bogies, and 1 par.  Also played the back 9 a different time and eagled 11.  About the only highlight there.

Two birdies today!  ✌️ 😃

Both on holes I've already birdied... 😭  (12 and 16, both par-5s)

Otherwise, a lousy scoring round for me (91; five lost balls!), but still a fun day out.

back at it..   though I wont get to play for a while.   

really surprised to look back at last year's and see that I never birdied 18, which is a par 5.    gonna have to remedy that this year.  

• Administrator

Played three rounds. Made three birdies (and a lot of pars). Two of the birdies were on the same hole # (11).

These were in NC. My home course is open tomorrow and the next day, though.

I’m up to three birdies on my home course after making one on the second hole today. Had to make a 25-footer to get it too!

(edited)

Hit the halfway point yesterday including 2 holes that are always a challenge for me.  :banana:

Edited by David in FL
  • Thanks 1

Finally got two rounds in at Springfield, Birdied our hardest hole and made an eagle on the 2nd hole, so off to a good start.