IGNORED

2021 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well... I have joined again.  I have a feeling that I will have a little more success than last year because I have joined a Spark Golf league at Sugar Hill Golf Club.  I know... I know... Spark Golf is not popular around these parts, but it's a start.  It's every Thursday afternoon starting April 1st, so I'll have at least nine chances every week to get a birdie.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I scored my first birdie ever, and I added my numbers to the spreadsheet.

It was on the 15th hole of Sienna GC (Las Vegas, NV), a 514 yard par 5 hole.
Here is a rundown:
- Driver: Landed me near a bunker in the rough
- 4 iron: close to the green to use the pitching wedge
- Pitching wedge: Messed up and landed exactly on the line between fringe and rough
- Putter: Very long put from the fringe/rough and it broke right into the hole (super lucky)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nave

I added a birdie on a par 3 #17 (non home courses page) and it's funny that I now have 15, 16, 17 covered at the away courses and 16, 17 and 18 at the home course (plus another one at 10): I must be more accurate, or maybe luckier, at the end of my rounds, lol.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Crossed off two more this week: one on my home course (third hole, par 3) and the other on the away composite (seventh hole, par 3). Funny, out of the four birdies I’ve recorded so far this year, three of em have been on par 3s. A birdie’s a birdie for me though!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Chipped in for birdie on my home course #10. Hit a great drive, and only had a 80 yard partial wedge into the green. Chunked it a bit and came up short. My ball was in a swale below the hole, so I actually couldn't see the hole, only the top half of the flag stick. I hit a soft, lofted chip from about 10 yards that rolled into the hole. My playing partners said it landed about 1 yard from the hole and rattled in off the flagstick.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Ticked  off another couple on Friday, including being a foot away for a hole-in-one on a short par four. 
Not that I am I gun ,it’s a very good short Par 4,  trouble on all four sides, there is more fives made than threes. 

Added two new birdie holes with today's round; holes 4 and 5! 😁  ...and back-to-back birdies are a first for me as well! 🎉

It was windy, so there was lots of second-guessing clubs. 4 was a par-3 with a crosswind and I hit it to inside 10 ft and made the putt.  5 was a par-5 with a tailwind, and I was hole-high after two shots.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally able to enter one for this year.  Hole 3 (17 to go).

1676032912_hole3.thumb.jpg.af207fb19e05bbba26791fc6005ac17c.jpg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Had a crazy 9 holes recently to add in birdies and an eagle.  Front 9 had 4 birdies, an eagle, 3 bogies, and 1 par.  Also played the back 9 a different time and eagled 11.  About the only highlight there.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Hole 17.  Missed the green, but drained the Texas wedge. 16 to go.

2097475027_hole17.thumb.jpg.cc41f57ce94fc0656f7cb4ee36edea6e.jpg

Craig

Two birdies today!  ✌️ 😃

Both on holes I've already birdied... 😭  (12 and 16, both par-5s)

Otherwise, a lousy scoring round for me (91; five lost balls!), but still a fun day out.

back at it..   though I wont get to play for a while.   

really surprised to look back at last year's and see that I never birdied 18, which is a par 5.    gonna have to remedy that this year.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator

Played three rounds. Made three birdies (and a lot of pars). Two of the birdies were on the same hole # (11).

These were in NC. My home course is open tomorrow and the next day, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I’m up to three birdies on my home course after making one on the second hole today. Had to make a 25-footer to get it too!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Hit the halfway point yesterday including 2 holes that are always a challenge for me.  :banana:

Edited by David in FL
  • Thumbs Up 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Finally got two rounds in at Springfield, Birdied our hardest hole and made an eagle on the 2nd hole, so off to a good start.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Hole 7.  15 to go.

351759861_hole7.thumb.jpg.83c7d7938946052dc68ae8cb9f53b0f5.jpg

Craig

Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!