IGNORED

2021 TST Birdie Challenge

Bad round overall, but I got a birdie on 10.  My best on 18 is still bogey, but... maybe I can fix that next week!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a big birdie day with 3 (5, 13, 17) in the first round shooting 78 and then in the PM, I birdied another 3 (6, 10, 11) in a skins game. I finally got the last par with the illusive #2. To su

Wow. Marathon day of golf for you, then? What'd you play… 72 holes? 90? 😉

I had a nice Birdie on hole number 3 today, draining a 40-footer!

Posted Images

I had a really good day yesterday, including 4 birdies, 3 of those holes were "first timers" this year.  This brings me to 7 holes birdied this year so far.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have played three 18's so far this year and have had only 1 birdie. I have had several attempts but just the one. At least I'm on the board!

• Like 1

I played my first "real" round of the year this weekend, and had a few decent birdie looks, but nothing dropped.  I'll be playing three rounds this weekend so I'm hoping to start things off!

• Thanks 1

I’ve played 3 rounds this year and birdied the 6th and 8th the first time out. (last Tuesday) Saturday I played garbage and made a 25 footer at the 18th for birdie (I had a 220 yard carry over the pond for my second, because I’m an idiot.) 

Today was weird. Garbage 13 holes, eagle at 14 (holed a 144-yard 8-iron) up and down birdie at 16. Weird rounds to start the season, but you know. I’ll get some consistency. It’s just a weird start to the year.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I’ve played 3 rounds this year and birdied the 6th and 8th the first time out. (last Tuesday) Saturday I played garbage and made a 25 footer at the 18th for birdie (I had a 220 yard carry over the pond for my second, because I’m an idiot.) 

Today was weird. Garbage 13 holes, eagle at 14 (holed a 144-yard 8-iron) up and down birdie at 16. Weird rounds to start the season, but you know. I’ll get some consistency. It’s just a weird start to the year.

My year has started out bizarre as well. First off I'm hitting the driver well enough to play well. My irons have been inconsistent but my wedges have been what's the word? ?... Oh yeah, awful. 

I'm blaming it on the ground being really squishy. I've been hitting off mats all winter, so I think I've developed some bad habits. 

Having said that, I have birdied at least one hole each time out so far. So I've got 3 birdies marked down on the list and it isn't even April yet. The way I look at it I'm way ahead of the game. 

• Like 1

Mom, dad and myself went out for a round yesterday and will be going out again today.  Couple of years since mom played and no caddies so we took a buggy.  Our home course and I birdied 11.  160 yard par 3 with OB left and long of the green.  Hit a perfect 6 iron to like 2 feet max and an easy-ish putt.  Touch of break but all good.

• Thanks 1

One more "new" birdie in the men's club on Wednesday, had a decent round with back-to-back birdies on 7/8 for the front nine and then birdies 6 with a terrible 3-foot lip out on 7 that would've been a nice second pair of birdies otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm going out for 18 today, see if I can get past the only one birdie I have been stuck on?

Made a 12-foot putt for a repeat birdie on #3 today. Had a few other birdie putts but only made the one.

First round of the year and I made three birdies at an "away" course. It's one of the two courses I play most during the year, but I play the other one more often so I'll call that my home course. Holes #9, 12, and 15 marked off on the composite list.

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, Billy Z said:

I'm going out for 18 today, see if I can get past the only one birdie I have been stuck on?

Not consistent from front to back nines, 47/37=84, but the important part of the round was having two birdies.

Six birdie putts, no birdies. 😞 ...but it was a fun round nonetheless!

(edited)

Second round of the year yesterday, first birdie. 150 yards par 3, sunk an 8 feet putt to my make it a 2. 

Horrible round though. Inconsistant with every club in the bag: thin, fat, left and right. 

Edit: Not on my homecourse, but at least the birdie account is opened. I got a birdie on 14 of  the holes on my homecourse last season. I'd love to do all 18 this season. Missed birdies at 7, 9, 11 and 18 last season. 

Edited by Troy Ocker
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2021 at 9:41 AM, TourSpoon said:

It was very dry for birdies for 3 rounds getting skunked, but then I added 3 and another one for rounds 12 and 13. Too bad I already have those holes! 

Still elusive is hole 1 (Easy par 5), 2 (tough driving hole and green complex), 8 (long par 3), 9 (shortish par 4), 15 (medium par 4), 16 (tough drive, severe green), and 18 (short par 4 with the most severe green on the course). 

I knocked off #15 this week and also birdie 4 on #12. I am glad I signed up this year because its really making me see my patterns and weaknesses (maybe I should track doubles too). But seriously, #2 and #16 have always given me fits and they are very similar holes with trouble on both sides of the fairway. I remember tracking birdies years ago on the software we had here and it took forever to get #16. Those 2 holes come down to tee shots. The par 5 #1 will fall eventually as will #8 a longish par 3. The remaining par 4s are #9 and #18 and are not overly difficult closing holes. Conversely, I have multiple birdies on 2 of the longest holes, and 4 on the shortest par 4. Hmmmmm.  

• Thanks 1

• Administrator

I'm finally going to be able to start playing a bit here. Then again, my college team's golf season is in its two-week swing here too. So maybe more after that.

Got six holes done on my home course. Birdied #8 today. That's a good birdie, there. Tough hole.

Still don't have 1 or 2. Those were my bug-a-boos last year. The last two.

But more of my birdies are on the front early this time than last year. I think I got a bunch of back nine birdies early last year.

I got on the board yesterday with my first birdie (on Hole 12).  No "home" course for me at all this year, so I'm going all-composite.

• Like 1

In a dumbassed 36 hole day today, because of, Golf, I added 3 birdies to my holes to be birdied. I made birdies on 5, 11, and 12.  I also made 7 bogeys in the first 18 to shoot 75. The second 18 I made precisely nothing hit 12 greens and shot 73. Not a single birdie though. And I had more than a few reasonable opportunities. I made precisely nothing but a 15 foot par save at 18.