IGNORED

Jon Rahm Forced to WD From Memorial Tournament After a Positive COVID-19 Test

rahm-swing-1694-andylyons.jpg

PGA TOUR Statement regarding Jon Rahm On the evening Monday, May 31, the PGA TOUR notified Jon Rahm that he was subject to contact-tracing protocols, as he had come in close contact with a person who...

Pretty wild situation.

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The whole reason behind golf starting when it did (and way before other sports) was adhering to CDC/federal guidelines.  The tour and players all agreed to it.  Doesn’t matter how anyone feels.  There

How  is  he  going to infect someone  if  he  plays  by  himself? And lets  be  honest  here. 600k isnt a  legitimate  number. Died with and  of are  2 totally  different things. And again, we  have a

I’ve had two friends die from COVID in the last month. So I find your opinion disturbing. Rahm had his chance to get vaccinated and chose to delay. I have no sympathy for his WD. I’ve know quite

Posted Images

Had 54 hole tourney record, on pace for the 72 hole record, up by 6 strokes and loses a potential $1.67 million. Unreal. Never been a huge fan of Rahm but this really sucks. 

• Like 1

• phillyk changed the title to Jon Rahm Forced to Wd From Memorial Tournament After a Positive Covid19 Test
35 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

How is someone in his position not vaccinated yet? I've been vaccinated for weeks now.

I think he's been vaxxed

Also, is there a reason he couldn't play alone?

8 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I think he's been vaxxed

Kind of a odd occurrence, on many levels, plus I sure hope he wasn’t vaxxed  better for us, and all I see on golf channel is the mornings test was positive so they retested the same sample, I understood they do that but why not get a second sample to test? Plus yea for a million bucks and a course record let him play alone. 

13 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I think he's been vaxxed

Not vaxxed, no official release but reading several stories that the protocol that he was following is that of someone who has not been vaccinated.

51 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

How is someone in his position not vaccinated yet? I've been vaccinated for weeks now.

Even if he was... if he was in close contact (which is how they’re saying he got it) you can still get it if you’re vaccinated.  They probably wouldn’t have found out though as they wouldn’t have tested him daily

Let him play alone. Make him wear a mask, too. 

Don’t forget a whole bunch of vaccinated NY Yankees got covid. The strength of the vaccine is it pretty much guarantees you won’t die and you’ll be a lot less sick. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, iSank said:

I  understood they do that but why not get a second sample to test? Plus yea for a million bucks and a course record let him play alone. 

They waited for the extra test to confirm it.

Let him play alone? Sure. Maybe just give him a round if 65 and be done with it.  No need for protocols and rules to apply to him. He’s a professional sportsman. They’re much more important than plebs like us. 🤨

• Like 1

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I think he's been vaxxed

He was not. If he had been here wouldn’t have to get tested.

4 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Let him play alone. Make him wear a mask, too. 

Absolutely not.

47 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I think he's been vaxxed

About 1.6 million reasons. 

Not familiar with the USGA and PGA COVID protocol but is he in danger of missing the U.S. Open?

13 minutes ago, Sandy Lie said:

Not familiar with the USGA and PGA COVID protocol but is he in danger of missing the U.S. Open?

He’s supposed to isolate until 2 days before it begins.  Not much time to practice, but wont miss

But if he was vaxxedd, he wouldnt have been a part of this testing program that flagged him

If that's true than I kind of feel like it's on him for taking that risk.

Is it possible he was tested only because he was in close proximity to somebody who had tested positive? 

55 minutes ago, iacas said:

Absolutely not.

Why not? To “send a message?”

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Why not? To “send a message?”

What?! No. It’s a f***ing sport with rules.

That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve seen.

• iacas changed the title to Jon Rahm Forced to WD From Memorial Tournament After a Positive COVID-19 Test