IGNORED

GAME Golf Pro Giveaway - Your Dad's Game or Winning at Torrey

iacas
Note: This thread is 1038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

pro-0.png

GAME Golf is giving away a GAME Golf Pro unit here at The Sand Trap and every member is eligible.

Let's keep this simple. The rules:

• You can enter up to four times. How?
    • Post on this topic to confirm that you're a member of TST, and answer one of the following two questions (below). Or answer both in separate posts for two entries.
    • Tweet the URL to your post and mention both @the_sand_trap and @gamegolf in up to two tweets between now and the end of the giveaway.
  • The contest ends on Father's Day, June 20th, 2021.
  • That's it.

We'll randomly choose a winner shortly after Father's Day on June 20th.

The Questions:

Answer either or both, but do so in separate posts. That means wait at least nine and possibly 18 minutes between making posts. Or, better yet, just come back the next day to add the second answer.

1. What stat will be most important for the players looking to win the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines?
  2. What stat does your father (hey, it's Father's Day soon!) (or child, if you're the father) need the most help with? If you don't have a father who plays golf or a child, answer the question about a friend who is a father or something!

For both questions, the only invalid answers are "score"! 😄 For the purposes of this giveaway we're not going to count "score" as a statistic! 🤣

Answers can be as short or as long as you'd like.

Be creative. Be funny. Be straight. Whatever you like.

Giveaway members should reside in the U.S., but outside the U.S. residents can still enter and we'll figure out what to do should you win.

@DaveP043 will be doing a review, but that's a ways off as his unit will ship in about a week.

20a6e22164c3b9878da875b742a88b0f.jpg

Golf's Most Advanced Stat TrackerReal-Time, On-Course GPS Shot Tracking (Bluetooth Enabled)Fully Automatic/No Tagging Required (Phone Op...

This giveaway requires no purchase. Membership here is free.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to GAME Golf Pro Giveaway - Your Dad's Game or Winning at Torrey
24 minutes ago, iacas said:

What stat will be most important for the players looking to win the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines?

I mean, the king of all stats is GIR, right?  So, I'd have to imagine that GIR will be the most important stat.  

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

What stat will be most important for the players looking to win the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines?

1. Strokes Gained: Approach
The winner must hit shots which give them the best opportunity to score well.
Typically when players miss a GIR, they must rely on short game skills for the opportunity to save a par,
unless they hole out shots around the green. Typically in a US Open, the course is setup to test players 
shot making skills with aspects of creative shot making under tough situations. 
Torrey Pines in past Open setup they grow the ruff tall around the course and narrow the fairways I believe on several holes.
Hitting tee shots to avoid the ruff and hitting approach shots on greens will be the biggest challenge.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Well Alina for her age is actually quite good... She’s seven and a half so I’m going to say more distance... Strokes gained driving.

Why is it called Strokes Gained? Shouldn’t be strokes shaved? Or strokes saved? Strokes saved driving?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

2 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I mean, the king of all stats is GIR, right?  So, I'd have to imagine that GIR will be the most important stat.  

Remember to follow the rules of the giveaway Christian.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Remember to follow the rules of the giveaway Christian.

How did I not? :hmm:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 minute ago, RFKFREAK said:

How did I not? :hmm:

You’re right, my bad.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Since I have the most unique user name and believe that strokes gained approaching the green will be  very important in the US Open, I believe the choice is obvious.  A vote for the guy from the land of perpetual cloudiness is a vote for better golf.

Vote dennyjones!

• Funny 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

12 hours ago, iacas said:
  1. What stat will be most important for the players looking to win the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines?

Strokes Gained: Driving.  I know that in most PGA Tour events, it's strokes gained: approach, but I think in a U.S. Open, everyone at the top of the leaderboard is going to be doing pretty well on SG:A, and I think SG:D will be the difference maker.  

Wait, is it one entry by posting, then a second by tweeting to the post, and then repeat for the other question?  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Which statistic will be most important for someone to win the U.S. Open?

Strokes saved/gained tee-to-green: Why? What the hell? Well I don’t know no one else picked it. And ball-striking is important in a U.S. Open.

The United States Open is a thorough examination of every part of a golfer’s game. You might wanna bring the Pepto. If I played Torrey at 7685 yards under U.S. Open conditions. I would struggle to break 90... I probably could... but I couldn’t be hitting it in the shit all day. 

Ball-striking is important. Call the zoo.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Wait, is it one entry by posting, then a second by tweeting to the post, and then repeat for the other question?  

Yep.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 hours ago, iacas said:

I am going with GIR mainly because it is very hard to get a Birdie if you do not have a Birdie Putt. Also GIR leads to fewer Bogeys. Sure, you may chip in for Birdie but that is much less likely than a sinking a Birdie Putt.

Do I get any extra credit for spelling “Bogey” correctly?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I gotta agree with @onthehunt526: SG tee to green. Ballstriking is critical. 

What stat does your father (hey, it's Father's Day soon!) (or child, if you're the father) need the most help with? If you don't have a father who plays golf or a child, answer the question about a friend who is a father or something

My father seldom played golf so can’t offer a stat for him personally.  One friend has been focused on “Fewer Thrown Clubs” but that is not a common stat so I am just going to say he needs to focus on “Strokes Gained-Approach” since approach shots are what get him most frustrated and cause the clubs to fly.

Edited by StuM
Fix typo

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Staying on track with my first post, I've had my user name longer than any other user on The Sand Trap.   If that's not dedication and devotion, show me how to improve!

My father pasted away when I was young and my children don't golf but I do golf with friends that I would call seniors.    One of my best friends that I call "Saint Jim" to tease his wife has a great short game.   His distance has really waned in the past few years.   Strokes gain driving would be the major improvement for his game.

Vote dennyjones!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I don't tweet (or Facebook, or Instagram, or tik-tok, or Pinterest, or ... You guys are lucky you have me here, lol!), but here goes.

Keeping the ball in the fairway is at a premium at the US Open, so, I'll go the old-fashioned way: FIR.  This is similar to Strokes Gained Driving, but the later allows for good outcomes off the fairway, whereas FIR is strict (and normally not a good indicator).

Edited by sjduffers

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

1. Strokes gained tee to green. I think this is a good indicator of ball striking, which bodes well in a US Open.

2. My dad doesn't golf, so I'll say my friends with kids need to improve in this stat as well. They're all terrible ball strikers.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1. SG Off the tee. Driving will be extremely important ( as usual) for Torrey Pines.

2. My eldest son needs to work on his time spent golfing. Which is zero. Baseball is the worst thing for golf as it consumes your life and eliminates the possibility of participating in anything outside of it. It’s a cult.😆

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!