IGNORED

2021 (2020) Ryder Cup

jmanbooyaa
Note: This thread is 851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2021 Ryder Cup  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2021 Ryder Cup?

• Europe
    • U.S.A.
    • Tied (Europe Retains)

That is correct 2023

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Usually the European team has the better looking outfits/uniform. This year, imho at least, the US has better looking threads. That's really why they won, lol.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Speaking of the uniforms did anyone buy one of those good looking $268 hoodies the US team was wearing?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Congrats US RC team, this is yours.

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 5.46.58 PM.png

One more time, for the road. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Is it me or does that trophy look tiny?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

54 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Team USA showed up. Now off to Italy for the true test. Back to back cups and on Euro soil. 

Unless, by 2023, Europe can muster about 6 top level players who weren't born before Reagan became President, I think you can go ahead and engrave "United States - 2023" on the cup this evening.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

It’s only around 18” tall.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

That what’s she said

• Funny 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

11 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

It’s only around 18” tall.

It’s like the caddy trophy in Caddyshack. 

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

And Chamblee said Poulter is the worst ball striker "By a lot" of all the players and Poulter won his singles match by 3 holes LOL...

Best result of the European players and most of the USA players, guess that's what you call an anomaly. Unbelievable how stupid that statement was, the Postman did himself proud....

13 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Dechambeau without the stupid hat is a much more like-able looking player. 

Ah, I like the BDC hat. 

13 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Why couldn't Rory be American this week? He is the easiest guy to root for in all of golf. 

DING

11 hours ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Unless, by 2023, Europe can muster about 6 top level players who weren't born before Reagan became President, I think you can go ahead and engrave "United States - 2023" on the cup this evening.

There's a phrase about counting unhatched chickens. I think it applies here. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

My observations from being there on Friday....

1.  What a beautiful course.  I'd love to get back and play it someday.  The Irish course looked great too, just inland of the straits course.  

2.   If you love golf and get the chance to go, I'd highly recommend it.  The buzz of being there is hard to describe.  I'm looking forward to the next time at Bethpage already.

3.  I wish there would have been more European fans there,  That would make for a different feel. 

4.  People always seem to write about fan behavior at Ryder Cups, I didn't personally see anything that was out of line.  I think it's overblown a little bit.  

5.  We walked around most of the morning session to see a lot of the course.  In the afternoon, we went ahead of the groups and sat in the grandstands on the par 3 twelfth.  Pic below.  This was my favorite part of watching the action.  The pin moved from where you see it to the front and there were a lot of close shots on the short hole.  

167821776_rydercup12.thumb.jpg.57ee117e864d9514be297b974f277568.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Colins69 said:

And Chamblee said Poulter is the worst ball striker "By a lot" of all the players and Poulter won his singles match by 3 holes LOL...

Best result of the European players and most of the USA players, guess that's what you call an anomaly. Unbelievable how stupid that statement was, the Postman did himself proud....

Uhm… no. Just a terrible take by you here.

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, Wanzo said:

My observations from being there on Friday....

1.  What a beautiful course.  I'd love to get back and play it someday.  The Irish course looked great too, just inland of the straits course.  

2.   If you love golf and get the chance to go, I'd highly recommend it.  The buzz of being there is hard to describe.  I'm looking forward to the next time at Bethpage already.

3.  I wish there would have been more European fans there,  That would make for a different feel. 

4.  People always seem to write about fan behavior at Ryder Cups, I didn't personally see anything that was out of line.  I think it's overblown a little bit.  

5.  We walked around most of the morning session to see a lot of the course.  In the afternoon, we went ahead of the groups and sat in the grandstands on the par 3 twelfth.  Pic below.  This was my favorite part of watching the action.  The pin moved from where you see it to the front and there were a lot of close shots on the short hole.  

167821776_rydercup12.thumb.jpg.57ee117e864d9514be297b974f277568.jpg

Great pic, it's crazy how flattened the greens look when watching on TV. I have seen a couple pics similar to yours of other greens there and the undulations look so much more severe than how they appeared on TV.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Is anyone else a little concerned that the Ryder Cup has too big of an advantage for the home team? Except for Medinah, the home team has won every Ryder Cup since 2006. Is that just a fluke or is something going on there? I'm wondering if the combination of home fans plus controlling the set up makes it so the away team doesn't have much of a chance at winning, even when they're better. Rome might be different, because Italians don't really care that much of about golf. But I think it's tough to see Europe winning in the US anytime soon. Bethpage could be really ugly in 2025, both in score and in fan behavior.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Is anyone else a little concerned that the Ryder Cup has too big of an advantage for the home team? Except for Medinah, the home team has won every Ryder Cup since 2006. Is that just a fluke or is something going on there? I'm wondering if the combination of home fans plus controlling the set up makes it so the away team doesn't have much of a chance at winning, even when they're better. 

In order for something to change in that regard, one of the teams will have to be the first to relinquish the setup duties. I doubt either team will want to be the first lower their advantage by giving up that control, so I think it will continue to persist like this.

I don't see Europe wanting to give up control of the setup in Rome especially after how well France went when they controlled the setup and how they will be seeking revenge from this most recent loss. 

I also don't see the US wanting to give up control of Bethpage, because at that point they'd either be going for 3 straight, or coming off of a loss in Rome. 

Also, home fans play a pretty significant role in other team sports, think like loud noise in football stadiums or basketball arenas, so I don't mind the home fans adding an advantage for the home team as long as they don't cross the line.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

31 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Is anyone else a little concerned that the Ryder Cup has too big of an advantage for the home team? Except for Medinah, the home team has won every Ryder Cup since 2006. Is that just a fluke or is something going on there? I'm wondering if the combination of home fans plus controlling the set up makes it so the away team doesn't have much of a chance at winning, even when they're better. Rome might be different, because Italians don't really care that much of about golf. But I think it's tough to see Europe winning in the US anytime soon. Bethpage could be really ugly in 2025, both in score and in fan behavior.

Not concerned about it at all, home teams have a built in advantage in virtually every team sport. 

Is any sport competition rooted in only purity of sport anymore? 

Yes, 13th man or the home advantage is not a small factor IMO. But I see it as the tennis serve. The challenge is to break the inherent advantage the server has. I would really like to see how the US team does in Italy. Regardless of how popular golf is in Italy, there will be enough fan-base as there always was everywhere else in Europe being that travel within Europe is like us travelling across states logistically. It will make a difference. On that note, I think most fans US or Europe are fine with their cheering and jeering and surely a very small minority will cross the line. Meh. 

Anyway, I for one, like the flip-flopping home advantage aspect. That's one thing that's not that prevalent in golf and it throwing these players a bit out of their comfort zone is fun. Some players even 'feed' on the negative energy.. lol. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!