IGNORED

16 Personalities Test - Your Results?

iacas
Note: This thread is 933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Personality Type  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is your personality type (per the test in the OP)?

• INTJ - Architect
    • INTP - Logician
    • ENTJ - Commander
    • ENTP - Debater
    • INFJ - Advocate
    • INFP - Mediator
    • ENFJ - Protagonist
    • ENFP - Campaigner
    • ISTJ - Logistician
    • ISFJ - Defender
    • ESTJ - Executive
    • ESFJ - Consul
    • ISTP - Virtuoso
    • ISFP - Adventurer
    • ESTP - Entrepreneur
    • ESFP - Entertainer

• Administrator

Go there and take the test. Which is your personality type?

Yes, it's totally a pop culture thing, and yes, you can be a different personality type in different situations. I cry at the end of movies (I teared up at the end of Ordinary Joe the other day when they were reading names at the 9/11 ceremony), while still being rational and somewhat emotion-less about most other things. I can be outgoing and still introverted (those are not opposites).

I did this a long time ago… and got ISTP. Then a few days ago, I got INTJ. So either I've changed, I am more honest now, or this stuff vacillates quite a bit.

image.png

I'll post more about my results after it won't be merged with this post.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I took a test like this many years ago and got an INTJ, can't remember if it was work-related or part of a friend's business school class, or maybe it was both.

Just took the test on the link and got an ISTJ.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

So, I'm currently INTJ: Architect.

Now, I'm well aware that a lot of these things are like astrology… they're written in such a way that even if you click through to something that you're not, you'll probably be able to say "yeah, that's a bit like me." But a lot of what I'm seeing here is almost exactly like me, or at least, how I see myself (since I answered the survey, that's what you're gonna get). For example…

From the intro:

It can be lonely at the top. As one of the rarest personality types – and one of the most capable – Architects (INTJs) know this all too well. Rational and quick-witted, Architects may struggle to find people who can keep up with their nonstop analysis of everything around them.

I agree with the "rare" part for sure… I don't know what "at the top" means, but maybe it just means that they list this one first. I don't think anyone thinks any one personality type is inherently "better" than any other.

The whole "introduction" page (linked to above) nails it, but this part in particular explains a lot about what slice of me many get to see here on the forum: 😄

Architects aren’t known for being warm and fuzzy. They tend to prioritize rationality and success over politeness and pleasantries – in other words, they’d rather be right than popular. This may explain why so many fictional villains are modeled on this personality type.

Strengths: Rational, Informed, Independent, Determined, Curious, Versatile.

Weaknesses: Arrogant, Dismissive of Emotions, Overly Critical, Combative, Romantically Clueless

I'd disagree with the latter… but only when I put my mind to it. I can be incredibly romantic, but it's often a result of problem-solving and an end goal. Which bleeds right over into the first thing said in "Romantic Relationships:"

People with the Architect (INTJ) personality type approach romance the way they do most challenges: strategically, with clear-cut goals and a plan for reaching them. In a purely rational world, this approach would be foolproof. Alas, it ignores important factors that Architects sometimes dismiss – such as the unpredictability of human nature and affection.

On Friendships:

Sharp-witted and darkly funny, Architects (INTJs) aren’t everyone’s cup of tea – and they’re okay with that. For the most part, people with this personality type aren’t obsessed with being popular. They don’t spend their time and energy on just anyone, and they can be difficult to get to know.

But this doesn’t mean that Architects are antisocial or friendless. In fact, few things are more exhilarating to Architect personalities than the spark they feel when they connect with someone who really gets them.

The parenthood tab was particularly good… 😛

Career Paths, well, INTJ don't like starting at the bottom, so I've almost always worked for myself. That solves that problem, sorta.

All in all, this pretty much feels like it nails it.

Other things I think I'd add that seem to fit:

• I hate cheats, and I generally like and follow rules, but I can still push them, too. If there are loopholes, then I'll look to exploit them. Is it "outwitting" the rules makers? Maybe.
  • I hate liars. I like truths, and facts, and lies are the opposite of that. Worse yet, they're willfully so.
  • I understand the difference between fact and opinion. Many other personality types seem to be personally offended by a disagreement of opinion, when I chalk it up to just that: a difference of opinion. Do you care what my favorite flavor of ice cream is?
  • I see being shown I'm wrong about something as an opportunity to upgrade my knowledge. Like a scientist, I'd much rather be shown that I'm wrong and why than for someone to say "I think you're right." The latter doesn't advance my understanding at all.
  • I don't celebrate the things I do well, or often that others do well, because I see those as not needing attention. I focus on the things that need improvement, correction, supplementing… I think that's why I'm a pretty good golf instructor, and problem solver in general.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've taken it several times throughout high school and college for various classes, and always gotten either ENTJ or INTJ with about equal frequency. The last three have always remained the same each time I took it, just the introverted vs extroverted that would flip occasionally.

I believe that likely depends on how busy I was at the time of taking the test, with the extroverted result happening when I'm less busy/stressed and introverted result happening when I'm more busy/stressed. Mostly a matter of whether I feel like I have enough free time to enjoy spending with others or if I'm busy enough that it feels like an obligation that's getting in the way of things that need doing.

I got ISTJ. I've done this test multiple times. Most recently, I took this through work. Here's a summary of my results:

282900940_PersonalityTest.thumb.png.1a0ddfc18cf9701831c04052815f058e.png

Just pursuing a few sections, some stuff that I found interesting. Strengths:

Very Responsible – Logisticians’ word is a promise, and a promise means everything. Logisticians would rather run themselves into the ground with extra days and lost sleep than fail to deliver the results they said they would. Loyalty is a strong sentiment for Logistician personalities, and they fulfill their duties to the people and organizations they’ve committed themselves to.

I wouldn't go to the run themselves into the ground, but yes, this describes me fairly well. 

Calm and Practical – None of their promises would mean much if Logisticians lost their tempers and broke down at every sign of hardship – they keep their feet on the ground and make clear, rational decisions. Peoples’ preferences are a factor to consider in this process, and Logisticians work to make the best use of individual qualities, but these decisions are made with effectiveness in mind more so than empathy. The same applies to criticisms, for others and themselves.

Generally true for me. I think I'm pretty good in tense situations. However, I do have a boiling over points where all bets are off. It happens very rarely, though. It's not like a violent thing, more just an extreme anger thing, which is unusual for how I normally am.

On the other hand, I think these weaknesses are off:

Stubborn – The facts are the facts, and Logisticians tend to resist any new idea that isn’t supported by them. This factual decision-making process also makes it difficult for people with the Logistician personality type to accept that they were wrong about something – but anyone can miss a detail, even them.

I'm not really that stubborn. Or at least unusually so. I am open to new ideas and new thoughts.

Insensitive – While not intentionally harsh, Logisticians often hurt more sensitive types’ feelings by the simple mantra that honesty is the best policy. Logistician personalities may take emotions into consideration, but really only so far as to determine the most effective way to say what needs to be said.

I disagree with this for myself. I lean more towards being insensitive rather than sensitive, but I would not consider this a weakness at all. I'm not going around hurting other people's feelings because I'm too honest.

These weakness are spot-on, though.

Judgmental – Opinions are opinions and facts are facts, and Logisticians are unlikely to respect people who disagree with those facts, or especially those who remain willfully ignorant of them.

Often Unreasonably Blame Themselves – All this can combine to make Logisticians believe they are the only ones who can see projects through reliably. As they load themselves with extra work and responsibilities, turning away good intentions and helpful ideas, Logisticians sooner or later hit a tipping point where they simply can’t deliver. Since they’ve heaped the responsibility on themselves, Logisticians then believe the responsibility for failure is theirs alone to bear.

These are fun to do and read, but I don't think they really have that much, if any, scientific basis.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Oh, I forgot to post my quick summary thing.

Personality type: Architect (INTJ-A)
Traits: Introverted – 64%, Intuitive – 52%, Thinking – 69%, Judging – 51%, Assertive – 67%
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Confident Individualism

image.png

FE39A2B9-E2EF-4327-AE55-1A3073002117.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

08E1E891-EE6D-415C-8FFB-3E994F4AB6F8.png

A905D387-08D6-4846-B22B-088180F31F02.png

I got INTP.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Screenshot 2021-09-30 200625.png

Although I believe since retirement,  I have mellowed significantly.   My priorities are different than 20 years ago.

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

ENTP-T here. No surprise. Enjoy debates, rhetoric, theories, etc.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I will need to more into what this means, but here it is: ESTJ-A

01A44ABF-CBDA-4700-8638-558505C7AB76.png

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I’m a Virtuoso: ISTP-A. Not really sure what it means but it sounds legit. It fits very well with not only what I do for work but how I do it.

D3730689-9BA5-430C-96CE-F67DB96C265B.jpeg

I can’t remember the last time I took one of these or what the result was.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

E53D7D93-7392-4045-BF6B-1253A2A48B7C.thumb.png.f4674a9395c051e0f9d64aeedf8e8c31.png

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I got Logistician. Seems right when reading through everything. Some things were a bit off but most was right there.

Funny, the site said this personality was most common and so far results from TST show it too. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I am not a fan of how that site describes the personality types. They seem very idealized and overexaggerated. I have taken this these tests multiple times in the past, and hardly ever get the same one. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1189368238_ScreenShot2021-10-01at11_12_45AM.thumb.png.cac52308a9c10e241e6f29ab2620ede8.png

Strengths

Optimistic, Spontaneous, rational, Know how to prioritize, great in a crisis, and relaxed

Weaknesses

Stubborn, insensitive, private, reserved, easily bored, dislike commitment

I agree with most of this, obviously not everything pertains to me. The parenting part is pretty much spot on, as well as the friendship part. Very interesting!

Edited by NM Golf

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

ESFP - I don't read too much into these things because when I take them I can see both sides for many questions. That ends up resulting in many answers in the neutral area, and a few questions often push results to another category. This can be particular true with the larger number of "boxes". I agree with some of the results in varying degrees haha.

Note: This thread is 933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!