IGNORED

2022 U.S. Open at The Country Club, Brookline, MA

Friz

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

20-40 yard wide fairways are typical. It wasn't like Tom was playing higher fairways in the past. You are just making up BS to support your argument with out comparison. You sound like an old man who is complaining kids have busses to go to school.

Back in my day, we played golf in 100 mph winds, 5 yard wide fairways, 1' high rough!!!! 

FYI, the rough 4" high, with these greens, is penalizing enough.

It  looks to me they gave the  rough a  haircut  last  night and so far the greens dont seem to be a  challenge at all. Im seeing an awful lot  of  birdies. It also looks  like they put alot  of  pins  in  bowls so hitting the green means a short  putt. To compensate for the equipment improvement they need  much narrower fairways  and  very  very  narrow  fairways with very high rough where a  player  might  be tempted to chicken stick a  hole. Force driver  on every  hole except the  par 3's.GEEZ, a 59 today?

3 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

Why can they broadcast the Women’s Open without interruption, and the Men’s with constant interruption?

To be fair  i imagine the women dont  command as high ad rates.

Same dumb schtick since joining.

27 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

These guys are having a hard time. It is not unfair, it is a very good challenge for a US Open.

17 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

If it’s so frustrating for you, you could turn it off. No one is making you watch this “embarrassment.”

“You can’t reason someone out of something they didn’t reason themselves into” (or whatever the saying is).

Scheffler looking sharp so far. 

Edited by Darkfrog
Double quote
  • Upvote 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, jxdama said:

They are  no better than 40 years ago.

That’s embarrassingly dumb.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

The only reason I didn’t say anything is that I didn’t think it even warranted a response…it’s so flatly wrong the statement is laughable 

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Glad we got a break in US Open coverage to get an update on the R&A amateur championship, Korn Ferry, and LPGA  events

-Peter

Nice freaking putt Rory!

• Thumbs Up 2

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

1 minute ago, ShawnSum said:

This putting from Rory is kind of bonkers.

Sucks to follow up that putt with that tee shot. 😏

• Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Followed up by a dog of a drive, sigh. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

10 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Nice freaking putt Rory!

Welcome back!

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 minutes ago, Vinsk said:
43 minutes ago, jxdama said:

They are  no better than 40 years ago.

I think it’s trolling. But, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the LIV were to poach Azinger. 

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Welcome back!

Haha. Thanks. Glad folks remember me!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

1 hour ago, jxdama said:

I  just  tuned  in and the  course  is a  joke.  Way  too easy  for  a US Open. I dont  know  if they are afraid  of the  players but  as Tom Watson said even par  should  be the winning score at a  US Open. Its too embarrassing  so they never show  you players  being able to tee  up fairway shots  but are they playing  lift, clean and  cheat today? And thats what Feherty  called  it. One day it will actually  be  played  on a  hard  course.

I don't know if they're playing LC&P (btw, the expression is Lift Cheat and Place, I think...) today, but I doubt it.  I doubt it'll ever be in effect in a USGA-run event.

In any case, par is just nearest integer to expected score.  I like seeing U.S. Opens have setups where that's floor more often than ceiling, but the winning score doesn't need to be even for me to enjoy the event.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Last segment by my count - 11 golf shots, Scottie Scheffler US Am hole-in-one highlight, GHIN/USGA in-broadcast commercial, then commercial break. 

-Peter

1 minute ago, Darkfrog said:

Last segment by my count - 11 golf shots, Scottie Scheffler US Am hole-in-one highlight, GHIN/USGA in-broadcast commercial, then commercial break. 

And I’m getting BS weather breaks! FFS..it’s a thunderstorm…interrupt the US OPEN for a rain update? Ridiculous.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

And I’m getting BS weather breaks! FFS..it’s a thunderstorm…interrupt the US OPEN for a rain update? Ridiculous.

Rain?  In Florida?  At this time of year?  

Also the announcer just said Scotty hit a "three finger eight iron."  I have no idea what that even means (other than I know what an eight iron is)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Funny 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.