IGNORED

2022 U.S. Open at The Country Club, Brookline, MA

Friz

I assume NBC has to pay bands some kind of licensing fee to play their songs? Boston. The Cars. It’s only playing like a 5 second clip so fee lower?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/17/2022 at 2:11 PM, jxdama said:

Way too easy  for a  US Open. Not worthy. Thank God they only  have  2 par  5's or  scores would even be  lower.

Definitely way too easy 🙄

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Jesus Christ morikawa shit the bed hardcore 

zalatoris doesn’t do it for me, so I hope he doesn’t win

pulling for Rory since my pre-tourney pick JT is essentially out of it

i think the winning score will be -2

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

1 minute ago, jbishop15 said:

Jesus Christ morikawa shit the bed hardcore 

Looks like he was fighting something with his swing. Tough to play 4 rounds of good golf that way. 

1 minute ago, jbishop15 said:

i think the winning score will be -2

Might be... 

Weather is going to be like 60 degrees, still a bit windy, but also some rain. 

I think -5 is the score. That gives a range of the leaders shooting 1-under, or someone form behind to go like 4-under.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

What a great round today! Classic rollercoaster leaderboard. Too bad you’re missing out @jxdama.

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

My goodness, I went out to play golf instead of watching today and it looks like my score was a lot closer to Morikawa's than I thought it would be! :-( 

Tomorrow looks to be exciting.  I'll be watching instead of playing.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
TommyRoy1.jpg?w=640

On a wild Saturday with a bunched leaderboard, NBC faced a difficult task of showing the drama unfold.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was watching the broadcast with the USO app open  and watching the individual hole videos for the players on the leaderboard on smartphone. That helped a little. Those videos aren’t exactly complete though. 

Also missed the segment on caddies. Hope I can find a recording somewhere. 

I’m also listening to podcasts while watching, volume level a little above the broadcast’s. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Also missed the segment on caddies. Hope I can find a recording somewhere. 

I saw only part of it, mostly the part about using a rake to find your line on the tee.  I don't remember how they were using a rake in that way. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Whoever can figure out how to get cameras on every player on the course, and give viewers a way to customize what they want to see will win golf forever.  The Masters is pretty close on this, it shouldn't be that hard.  Just let me pick who I want to watch.  If LIV spent their money perfecting this, they could actually do some damage

-Eric

13 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I assume NBC has to pay bands some kind of licensing fee to play their songs? Boston. The Cars. It’s only playing like a 5 second clip so fee lower?

They pay ASCAP or BMI like a radio station would. Then those two orgs pay out the mechanical royalties to the recording artist. They pay per use no matter how much of the song is used.

Weather: right now it’s 51 and raining in the Boston area with gusty winds. So basically April weather. Welcome to New England!

• Informative 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, Friz said:

If LIV spent their money perfecting this, they could actually do some damage

Yeah, cuz I sure don’t wanna miss a shot by Richard Bland.🙄

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Way too many breaks from the action. Peacock app was awful. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Is there a "Tour Players Are Whiny Little Bitches" thread? Can I start one? Justin Thomas bitching about having to play by the rules because he was honest?

• Funny 1

Colin P.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Is there a "Tour Players Are Whiny Little Bitches" thread? Can I start one? Justin Thomas bitching about having to play by the rules because he was honest?

I took it more as bitching about other pros.

The course is clearly playing too easy. I mean, leaders at -4 before Sunday? What were they thinking? 😉

• Funny 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1