IGNORED

2024 TST Outing - June 1/2 @ EagleSticks and Virtues

StuM

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, StuM said:

May 18th - Not good for @iacas

May 18-24, actually. I think you might have mixed my date up with someone else.

On 12/15/2023 at 5:19 PM, iacas said:

That's about all I'll point out as far as my schedule goes:

• April 8th and 9th I'll be in VA.
  • April 22-24th I'll be in SC.
  • May 19-24 I'll probably be in KY.

Best time for me (and I am just one person, so I'm not giving this more weight than it deserves)… early to mid-June.

And obviously… if I have to miss because I'm in KY for Nationals, so be it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

45 minutes ago, StuM said:

Below is the list of players that have expressed some interest to date.  If you are interested and not on the list below, please feel free to add yourself.  I think I caught all from the above posts and I apologize if I missed you.  A firm date & location still needs to be worked out.  This is not a firm commitment at this time, just preliminary interest.  See further below for potential dates.

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @ChetlovesMer
  5. @jsgolfer
  6. @billchao
  7. @GolfLug
  8. @boogielicious
  9. @bkuehn1952
  10. @Carl3
  11. @klineka
  12. @saevel25
  13. @snapfade
  14. @CarlSpackler
  15. @paperclip
  16. @woodzie264
  17. @vasaribm
  18. @JPitts
  19. @cedrictheo
  20. @Chris Brooks

Re: When -- If you gave a preference we will take that into account and try to satisfy as many as possible. Below is what I am seeing for dates as of now.  I am leaning towards June 1st or June 8th and maybe June 23rd as backup to those dates.  Please post if June 1st, 8th or 23rd are "No-Go" for you.

1. May 4th - Not good for @vasaribm 
  2. AVOID May 11th / Mother's Day weekend
  3. May 18th - Not good for @iacas
  4. AVOID May 25th / Memorial Day weekend
  5. June 1st 
  6. June 8th
  7. AVOID June 15th / Father's Day weekend
  8. June 23rd
  9. June 30th - May interfere with July 4th for some

Note on dates: Given the widespread negative views of LIV from many TST Members I will NOT be working to schedule around @snapfade and his LIV Flash Mob Schedule. 😁

Re: Location - As of now that is totally up in the air and will be worked on.  If you have not already provided any limitations on how far you are willing to travel and have a preference, please post so it can be considered to the extent possible. 

I'm likely to be unavailable on June 8, I'll probably be in Pinehurst.  My wife and I will be hole marshals for the US Open.  Clearly I am just one of the many potential participants, I hope you'll do what works best for the greatest number of players.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

, I hope you'll do what works best for the greatest number of players.

That is my goal

4 hours ago, iacas said:

May 18-24, actually. I think you might have mixed my date up with someone else.

I assumed since you would be in KY on Sunday the 19th that Sat. the 18th would not be good for you.  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, StuM said:

I assumed since you would be in KY on Sunday the 19th that Sat. the 18th would not be good for you.  

Yes, but the 18-24 is the range, not just the 18th.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 hours ago, StuM said:

Re: Location - As of now that is totally up in the air and will be worked on.  If you have not already provided any limitations on how far you are willing to travel and have a preference, please post so it can be considered to the extent possible. 

If we are thinking Ohio. 

(Not in particular order) - One's I played.
1. Sleepy Hallow (Brecksville)
2. Brookledge Golf Course (Cuyahoga Falls)
3. Shale Creek (Medina)
4. Beavercreek (Dayton)
5. Oak Shadows (New Philadelphia)
6. Zoar Village (Zoar)
7. Legends of Massillon (Massillon)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

37 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

If we are thinking Ohio. 

(Not in particular order) - One's I played.
1. Sleepy Hallow (Brecksville)
2. Brookledge Golf Course (Cuyahoga Falls)
3. Shale Creek (Medina)
4. Beavercreek (Dayton)
5. Oak Shadows (New Philadelphia)
6. Zoar Village (Zoar)
7. Legends of Massillon (Massillon)

It has been a long time since I played there, but I remember liking Boulder Creek. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

57 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

It has been a long time since I played there, but I remember liking Boulder Creek. 

You may get a few nays on that one. 😉

A few of us were not impressed when we played. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

You may get a few nays on that one. 😉

It's been like 8 years since I played there. 

I remember liking it. At the time it seemed reasonable in terms of cost/quality but again that was like 8 years ago. 

Do you remember when you all played and what the complaints were? 

BTW - I'm not lobbying for it. I just remember liking it and thought I'd mention it. Sometimes courses fall on hard times and end up a shadow of their former self. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

3 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Do you remember when you all played and what the complaints were? 

BTW - I'm not lobbying for it. I just remember liking it and thought I'd mention it. Sometimes courses fall on hard times and end up a shadow of their former self. 

Maybe it was just the day, but for not having that much rain the course was soggy. Like, golf balls disappearing just off the fairway. The layout was OK, but I would say it is more overrated than bad. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

One would come from me. Pace of play nightmare, too. Slightly dangerous course as well.

Updated List of those interested.

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @ChetlovesMer
  5. @jsgolfer
  6. @billchao
  7. @GolfLug
  8. @boogielicious
  9. @bkuehn1952
  10. @Carl3
  11. @klineka
  12. @saevel25
  13. @snapfade
  14. @CarlSpackler
  15. @paperclip
  16. @woodzie264
  17. @vasaribm
  18. @JPitts
  19. @cedrictheo
  20. @Chris Brooks
  21. @cmherrbach
5 hours ago, cmherrbach said:

I would love to join in. Let me know when and where.  Have cubs,  will travel.  

Hope to see you.  I think you are challenging @snapfade for the "Longest Drive....to get to the outing"

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

So this is a glancing thought since y'all picking up some good interest from us East coasters.

How about something closer to Pittsburgh? That would put some of us out of staters within a same day drive and play range and dinner in the evening. 

Good ol' OH fine too, but just a thought.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

So this is a glancing thought since y'all picking up some good interest from us East coasters.

How about something closer to Pittsburgh? That would put some of us out of staters within a same day drive and play range and dinner in the evening. 

Good ol' OH fine too, but just a thought.

Pittsburgh isn't the best for public golf, but Cranberry Highlands is pretty decent.

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Pittsburgh isn't the best for public golf, but Cranberry Highlands is pretty decent.

Yeah, and I thought Totteridge Hill was a great track too. Nice wide fairways, scenic setting and good greens. And did I mention wide fairways?:beer:.

@StuM, no arm twisting here. Just more options for your decision bank..😊

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Yeah, and I thought Totteridge Hill was a great track too. Nice wide fairways, scenic setting and good greens. And did I mention wide fairways?:beer:.

@StuM, no arm twisting here. Just more options for your decision bank..😊

I appreciate the “arm twisting” because it provides options.  I am holding off on location for a little while to see who all is interested and try for a location with high participation.

i am going to plot out general locations of those expressing interest then look for something reasonably located for as many as possible.

Myself I plan on driving down the day before so that allows me to travel farther than those looking for only a day trip.

Note to all, if you have limitations be sure to let me know so I can at least consider them.  

Stuart M.

My availability is probably going to be based on @iacas and being able to spend a few days in Erie working on stuff. I suppose if we have enough people interested in playing multiple rounds I might go just for the outing and then make a trip to Erie another time, but as of now I’ll say it’s unlikely that I’ll make multiple trips out in that direction in the year.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm down for whatever!!!!!      And I'd love to play the course we played on Sunday (again) ,,, i thought it was a lot nicer than the saturday course...      

Oh and a course that has a legit driving range lol 

opps only weekend i can't play is July 4th weekend, i'll be at a wedding

Edited by David L Yskes
  • Thumbs Up 1

It is what it is