IGNORED

Anthony Kim Plotting Return?

iacas

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Uhhhhhh. Some rough years in there, AK?

Yea, oof. Hope he's okay now. I'm not asking for details, but it would be nice to know from him a little about what happened. Not that he owes me anything.

Also I thought this tweet was funny:

image.png

• Funny 1

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Also I thought this tweet was funny:

image.png

Yeah, I don't get the "haters" stuff. He's almost a mythical figure. Nobody's said "screw AK." Most everyone has clamored for the return of a guy who was a slightly better than average Tour player.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Judging by the picture he has either been partying hard and that has led to the weight gain, or he just hasn't been that interested in a strict fitness and diet regimen since there was no pro golf.  Either way, talent will have to carry him now till he gets back to better fitness.  Somebody mentioned Zion Williamson in an earlier post and while not that overweight, something similar by how he looks in that picture

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

He's going all-in as a player not to like then? I don't get it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Zeph said:

You and everyone else, yeah.

And… he's DFL.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, Zeph said:

He’s in LIV now, it’s like the WWE of golf. This is his heel arc.

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I figured he meant ‘to all the LIV haters.’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

He's off to a good start +6 on the day, 2 strokes back of Bubba Watson. Should have held off on the "busting everyone's ass". If I took 11 years off I'd be +6 on the first hole more than likely.

download.jpg

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

16 hours ago, iacas said:

He does look well lived in doesn't he?

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, snapfade said:

He's off to a good start +6 on the day, 2 strokes back of Bubba Watson. Should have held off on the "busting everyone's ass". If I took 11 years off I'd be +6 on the first hole more than likely.

download.jpg

Just saw a highlight of his on TGC and he hit a nice hackers shank. Looks like he has a lot of work to do. I don't watch LIV but does Bubba hang near the bottom in most tournaments? I haven't heard his name mentioned in a couple of years. 

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, MSDOGS1976 said:

Just saw a highlight of his on TGC and he hit a nice hackers shank. Looks like he has a lot of work to do. I don't watch LIV but does Bubba hang near the bottom in most tournaments? I haven't heard his name mentioned in a couple of years. 

Who knows? I had forgotten about Bubba entirely until I saw his name just one spot ahead of AK in DFL.

Okay, so add him to the list of guys who used to play golf. But he was already on the list, so ... nothing's changed.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

(edited)

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Yeah, I don't get the "haters" stuff. He's almost a mythical figure. Nobody's said "screw AK." Most everyone has clamored for the return of a guy who was a slightly better than average Tour player.

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I figured he meant ‘to all the LIV haters.’

Yea, I'm sure the LIV media people are the ones who encouraged this "kick rocks, haters" narrative. They don't seem to understand pretty much everybody wants AK to succeed, at the very least, be healthy and happy in his life, or doesn't care enough to have an opinion. 

This guy Nathan Hubbard, the former CEO of Ticketmaster. seems to know AK personally, so I'm sharing this thread he posted today. 

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

• Administrator

The time to share it was a few weeks ago, IMO. Whatever it was/is.

IMG_6980.jpeg

2 76’s is tough. Got to find a way to have fun tomorrow. Use it all as motivation to perform better next time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Years have not been to kind to AK both in looks and his game.  I am hoping rust in his game comes off quickly.

It's the first time I've actually watched LIV game.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Yukari said:

It's the first time I've actually watched LIV game.

I still haven't. 😉 

During his absence, the media managed to impart a Ben Hogan mystique to AK. You would have thought he would have put in a bit more practice before showing up to play again. Perhaps his disability insurance checks were beginning to run out, and he needed the money. Wonder how much LIV paid for him just to show up and get paid for the appearance? 

• Thumbs Up 1