IGNORED

2024 PGA Championship

colin007

(edited)

Based on the description of what happened that's floating around on twitter, Scottie is very likely to be charged at least one felony. Possibly more. 

Edit to add:

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

How is this still going on???

EDIT: Thanks for the edit on the charges @DeadMan. Seems like there's more to the story. I am going to refrain from jumping on the cop bashing bandwagon, until we know more.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

In the hypothetical case of a right hander: Is the rope here a TIO anyway? I would think they could displace it sufficiently should an opportunity have risen, yes? 

Ropes are usually "M" not "I".

As for the other stuff… is this just Scottie showing that his recognition factor is still remarkably low given his play on the golf course?

Shitty situation any way you slice it.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Crazy thing for sure.  It's still real early to jump to conclusions.

The charge list looks pretty intimidating and the 2nd-degree assault charge especially so.  It wouldn't surprise me if some of these charges are dropped once the dust settles. 

Still, Darlington's description does make it sound like Scheffler is going to have some issues going forward.

I guess I missed it but what did he do with respect to getting a 2nd degree charge against a police officer?

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

2 minutes ago, MSDOGS1976 said:

I guess I missed it but what did he do with respect to getting a 2nd degree charge against a police officer?

Drove his car 15-20yds with the officer hanging on the side of the car door.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

2 minutes ago, MSDOGS1976 said:

Reports are saying the officer jumped onto his car. So he assaulted the officer with his car, that the officer voluntarily jumped on top of.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Ropes are usually "M" not "I".

As for the other stuff… is this just Scottie showing that his recognition factor is still remarkably low given his play on the golf course?

Shitty situation any way you slice it.

His recognition factor may be even lower if he has to play in that orange jumpsuit. May be mistaken for Rickie Fowler.😉

• Funny 1

I read this story yesterday about Scottie, interesting to read something a little different than the standard coverage about him. If you have NYT or Athletic access. 

Scheffler has worked to tame his inner competitive fire but those who've seen it up close have...

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

(edited)
5 minutes ago, billchao said:

Reports are saying the officer jumped onto his car. So, he assaulted the officer with his car, that the officer voluntarily jumped on top of.

Yep. 

If a vehicle is even moving at 25 mph, that covers 37-FT in one second, or 10 yards in one second. It is highly probable that Scottie didn't have time to react, and ended up driving further than what the cop probably deemed acceptable and thought Scottie was trying to run him over. 

The fact is, the cop should not have put themselves in that position to begin with. 

Edit. I didn't even calculate the stop distance needed (when Scottie hits the brakes). That 10 yards is if he never slowed down. Human reaction time is about .25 seconds, maybe longer when it is 5AM. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Yep. 

If a vehicle is even moving at 25 mph, that covers 37-FT in one second, or 10 yards in one second. It is highly probable that Scottie didn't have time to react, and ended up driving further than what the cop probably deemed acceptable and thought Scottie was trying to run him over. 

The fact is, the cop should not have put themselves in that position to begin with. 

Edit. I didn't even calculate the stop distance needed (when Scottie hits the brakes). That 10 yards is if he never slowed down. Human reaction time is about .25 seconds, maybe longer when it is 5AM. 

Scottie's stuff was at 6am. He should have been able to react in 0.31 seconds at worst.

🤣

• Funny 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

With the limited information it sounds like both sides, Scottie and the police, handled the situation poorly. Scottie not realizing his recognition factor is low as he’s quite the dud, and the officer being way too aggressive in the situation. 
Jumping in/on the car was an asinine move by the cop. Scottie trying to get around the stop before getting assistance was a bone head move as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It’s Louisville, so from living here  in Kentucky for 28 years, it doesn’t surprise me.. lucky he didn’t get tazed.. Not saying scottie is in the right,  just guessing it escalated quickly. And this is why I stay in Lexington:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

With the limited information it sounds like both sides, Scottie and the police, handled the situation poorly. Scottie not realizing his recognition factor is low as he’s quite the dud, and the officer being way too aggressive in the situation. 
Jumping in/on the car was an asinine move by the cop. Scottie trying to get around the stop before getting assistance was a bone head move as well. 

Well put.

If Scottie is a proper thug, then he is going to light up the course today.

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

They (DA) will work out a plea deal, probation, pay a chunk of money that sort of thing. LPD/ State of KY only see this as a payday. Seems like a situation that escalated way further than it should have by both parties, Scotties anxious to get to the course, rainy, traffic confusion. Cop probably has a fat wife who's cheating on him so he's pissed off. Lose-lose situation.

• Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

I think Scheffler was no1 SG Driving before this incident, be interesting to see how far he falls….

• Funny 2

Stevie T

(edited)

Damn. Will he have to DQ?

I wonder if that would have happened if it was Tiger.

Edit: He’s apparently released from custody.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

2 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Damn. Will he have to DQ?

I wonder if that would have happened if it was Tiger.

Nah. He's teed off. 

Kind of wish I were somewhere I could watch it.